AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 52 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92879)

White Manju Bun 2010-04-10 22:21

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 52 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 52.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

duckroll 2010-04-11 03:26

Wow. What an episode. Animation was AAA+. Irie was credited for 2nd Key Animation too. I wonder if he was responsible for some of that AMAZING full moving background action animation at the start.

mageormike 2010-04-11 03:35

I agree. This was quite the action packed episode.

If I had to pick a favorite portion, it would probably be the can that was opened by Al in the first 3 minutes of the episode ^_^;; That was amazing.

Haladflire65 2010-04-11 09:06

What an epic episode. I loved seeing Al and Pride's battle animated, although I was imagining him to be a little more silent in it... Yay for Armstrong siblings, and YES for the epic preview! I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the most teasing previews ever. Perhaps I'm a little biased because the next episode's covering one of my favourite chapters in the manga... :heh:

I'm expecting good animation for next week, too. It better be good.

Arabesque 2010-04-11 10:11

Nothing I can say can descripe how epic this episode was. The Brotherhood staff are on a roll here.

10/10

Spoiler for Epi 53:

xellos2099 2010-04-11 11:19

I am grad they kept Yoki part lol.

Bombo 2010-04-11 14:55

WOW.!! more action and background and everything there...10/10 for Epic episode.
Al's actions was awesome ^_^

Shiroth 2010-04-11 15:18

This episode gets a 1000000/10 from me.

I mean first we get that outstanding piece of animation for the Al vs Pride, along with the great scenes for the Sloth fight. Obvious best part of the episode was Yoki's epic scene with a brilliant new piece of music to go with it. Actually while on that topic, we had a good number of new pieces in this episode, along with the return of some old favourites for some seriously good music placement.

Insert song was pretty nice was well, and totally unexpected. I like.

Epic end to this episode, and next weeks features one of my favorite all time moments from the manga. With the way this is going, it being animated will blow me away.

takachsh 2010-04-11 16:09

WOW! A 10/10!!

Now why didin't we recieve such awesome animation threw out the entire series lol. These latest ep are quite top notch.

I didnt expect that speed out of sloth >-<;

and nothing more to say but <3 envy and looking forward to next week!

FlareKnight 2010-04-11 16:38

Damn this episode was amazing. There are so many fights going on and yet everything felt right. I especially liked the battle the Armstrong siblings were putting up. Great to see Alex stepping up and really helping his sister out. Sloth is one dangerous enemy. Not really in tactics, but being a fast tank!

That preview was evil. I want next week's episode now! Not reading the manga I didn't think we'd get to see that happen after such a long wait.

GaimeGuy 2010-04-11 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by takachsh (Post 2998934)
WOW! A 10/10!!

Now why didin't we recieve such awesome animation threw out the entire series lol. These latest ep are quite top notch.

I didnt expect that speed out of sloth >-<;

and nothing more to say but <3 envy and looking forward to next week!

Hehe, well the concept/sin of sloth isn't really being slow: It's being able, but unwilling. Sloth is both incredibly strong and super fast, but he doesn't do what he is actually capable of doing out of laziness/apathy :heh:

Vicious108 2010-04-11 18:52

Brotherhood just keeps outdoing itself. This final arc is full of awesome moments one after the other, and they're definitely making the most of it. And the best part is that every character gets to shine.

The first that comes to mind is definitely Alphonse. The major smackdown he layed on Pride and Kimblee in the first few minutes of the episode was absolutely epic and the animation was fittingly very high quality, the kind of which I hope to see in next week's episode as well. And it wasn't just in terms of action that Al got to show off his awesomeness. I'd always loved his "Why can't I save both us and the world?" speech in the manga, and Rie Kugimiya's great performance only made it better.

And of course, Kimblee's reply was also very awesome and typical of him. It's a shame that he was taken out by a relatively minor character though, but it didn't piss me off as much as when I read it in the manga. Pride eating him was also pretty well done with a very fitting creepy BGM. Speaking of Pride, even after it looked like the good guys got the best of him there, they're actually just playing into his hand and heading towards the exact place he wants them to be. "Brave humans sure are easy to trick", haha. Still, props to Yoki. Even a loser can have a crowning moment of awesome!

Next, the Armstrong siblings vs Sloth, another great fight. And one which should show all those who thought Olivier was stronger than Alex because of their comic relief fight a few episodes back. Who saved whose ass there? Yep, good ol' manly Alex. Though of course, Olivier still got to be her usual awesome self, with her lecture to the indecisive soldiers at the end. "Think for yourself" indeed.

And man, though I do think Rain is too mellow an OP for FMA, hearing it alongside Romi Paku's hot-blooded screams while Ed and the rest beat the crap out of those zombies sure was cool.

So yeah, all in all, amazing episode. Nearly perfect. My only complaint would be that for some reason they left out this great panel from the manga:

But oh well.

As for the preview, it was pretty good at hinting on the awesomeness that is about to unfold without actually spoiling anything. But I couldn't help but notice and shake my head at Envy's transformation in it, which was clearly reused animation from his fight with Marcoh in episode 43. Getting lazy there, Bones?

Noe 2010-04-11 20:06

RIP Kimblee. Roy comes in and saves the day. :D

kitten320 2010-04-11 20:22

Oh, I liked both figfhts^^
Finally Al looked cool. Though I slightly liked Armstrongs VS Sloth in manga more. But they still keep kicking asses^^
Finally Yoki had a heroic moment! Suh a pittythat Kimbley had diead though...

Oh and I just love how Olivier calls the soldiers "Fools" when they suggested that thos monsters are her allys :heh:

duckroll 2010-04-11 20:33

I wonder if Ando will storyboard (or maybe even direct?) another episode in last 7 episodes. That's probably the only way to get me to actually watch another full episode of Brotherhood.

babohtea 2010-04-11 20:34

Awesome action in this episode!
I really liked the way the built the suspense in the various fights but..

Wow music fail.

Also, the part where Alex was like "you can't die before handling the formalities!" was really funny XD. They really do like each other, even if they don't show it :)

Ramp 2010-04-11 20:46

Great episode, brotherhood keeps outdoing itself.

mpt37 2010-04-11 21:15

This episode was action packed! Non stop from beginning to end. Was there even a commercial break? because there was no eyecatch. There's so much going on and we (non-manga readers) still don't know what Bradley, Lan Fan, Greed/Ling and Hohenheim are doing.

DragoZERO 2010-04-11 21:53

Oh man, that was an intense episode. Awesome from beginning to end. Al's fight was sick, that philosopher stone sure does help, lol.

I didn't care for the insert song. We just heard it, don't need to hear it again. At least use an older one or a new one.

And the constant "shonen last minute save by another character" was funny but I didn't know who was going to save who or anything so I was surprised (except for Roy, fire is his trademark after all).

germanturkey 2010-04-11 22:00

they let themselves go with this one. very well done. it looks like the ep i've been waiting for will FINALLY happen next week. i always thought it would be the next one from like 3 eps ago, and here it finally is. i cannot wait for it.