AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Zero Hurricane 2011-08-28 04:47

Maybe resembles GX Bit anyone?

Appel 2011-08-28 05:00

eh, im really no fan of most of the AGE suits so far XD i probably wont get a lot of those.

i also just ordered an airbrush set^^ i found one for just 50 bucks, i just couldnt pass that up. it even comes with a proper compressor! im excited how that will turn out^^
im also glad that i found that shop, on amazon i would have paid about 80 bucks...
im really excited about this because you can do so much more with an airbrush and the paint is SO much cheaper...

pumpkins 2011-08-28 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3745151)
eh, im really no fan of most of the AGE suits so far XD i probably wont get a lot of those.

i also just ordered an airbrush set^^ i found one for just 50 bucks, i just couldnt pass that up. it even comes with a proper compressor! im excited how that will turn out^^
im also glad that i found that shop, on amazon i would have paid about 80 bucks...
im really excited about this because you can do so much more with an airbrush and the paint is SO much cheaper...

50 for an airbrush and compressor?! :O :O :O

Appel 2011-08-28 05:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3745176)
50 for an airbrush and compressor?! :O :O :O

its probably a piece of shit but itll do XD i can always get a better airbrush pistol for it.

Sworra 2011-08-28 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3745180)
its probably a piece of shit but itll do XD i can always get a better airbrush pistol for it.

Send a Link?

Appel 2011-08-28 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3745566)
Send a Link?

http://www.ihp-direkt.de/B-Ware/Airb...Ware::882.html
its obviously a german shop :P

it comes with a compressor (about 44 PSI), an airbrush, some paints and thinner (probably really crappy paint but i can always use it to test spraying with it) and all the other stuff you need.
its a crapshot but i really couldnt pass up a bargain like that. and if it sucks i can always get my money back. it received good reviews as a beginners set though so im pretty confident.
also, at this pricepoint i really wouldnt mind getting a new airbrush for it if the ones that comes with the set sucks.

Sworra 2011-08-28 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3745603)
http://www.ihp-direkt.de/B-Ware/Airb...Ware::882.html
its obviously a german shop :P

it comes with a compressor (about 44 PSI), an airbrush, some paints and thinner (probably really crappy paint but i can always use it to test spraying with it) and all the other stuff you need.
its a crapshot but i really couldnt pass up a bargain like that. and if it sucks i can always get my money back. it received good reviews as a beginners set though so im pretty confident.
also, at this pricepoint i really wouldnt mind getting a new airbrush for it if the ones that comes with the set sucks.

Not the compressor im worried about.. ive never seen that type of airbrush before. give a whirl, see what she can do. ;) Yeah you can always replace the brush for a better one in the future.

Appel 2011-08-28 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3745734)
Not the compressor im worried about.. ive never seen that type of airbrush before. give a whirl, see what she can do. ;) Yeah you can always replace the brush for a better one in the future.

im pretty sure the compressor is extremely weak though, too :P 3.1 bar/ 44psi i believe but not 64 L/min. at 49€ this seems to be the kind of compressor that can barely fill the tire of a bike XD but for some basic airbrushing it should be fine. i dont want to do anything special! just some basic coloring and maybe some highlighting or shading. ive seen how vegeta8259 on youtube painted his Ex-S conversion kit and it looked REALLY nice.

and yeah, that airbrush looks kinda weird^^ ive looked at a lot of other brushes over the weekend and it really doesnt look like any other model that ive seen :P
but who cares. it will do for getting used to airbrushing and i can always pick up a different one down town!^^

Sworra 2011-08-28 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3745776)
im pretty sure the compressor is extremely weak though, too :P 3.1 bar/ 44psi i believe but not 64 L/min. at 49 this seems to be the kind of compressor that can barely fill the tire of a bike XD but for some basic airbrushing it should be fine. i dont want to do anything special! just some basic coloring and maybe some highliting or shading. ive seen how vegeta8259 on youtube painted his Ex-S conversion kit and it looked REALLY nice.

and yeah, that airbrush looks kinda weird^^ ive looked at a lot of other brushes over the weekend and it really doesnt look like any other model that ive seen :P
but who cares. it will do for getting used to airbrushing and i can always pick up a different one down town!^^

Yeah if its for simple jobs i think it will do fine.. I'm not a big fan of bottom feed brushes, you really have to tinker with it for the right air flow to the consistency
of the paint. just cause your fighting gravity..

Appel 2011-08-28 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3745805)
Yeah if its for simple jobs i think it will do fine.. I'm not a big fan of bottom feed brushes, you really have to tinker with it for the right air flow to the consistency
of the paint. just cause your fighting gravity..

yeah thats what i thought, too. i do understand the basics of airbrushing already and it makes sense that a top fed brush would have it a little easier since it doesnt have to suck UP the paint AND blow it on the piece im spraying. but like i said, it should be fine just for getting the hang of it^^ and who knows, maybe its actually a decent brush! :P

now im actually pretty happy that i still have to paint my HG exia^^ i got frustrated because the clear blue paint i used somehow reacted with the chrome base i used and everything looked just disgusting... im looking forward to fixing this guy, its been sitting in its box for some time now.

Sworra 2011-08-28 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3745818)
yeah thats what i thought, too. i do understand the basics of airbrushing already and it makes sense that a top fed brush would have it a little easier since it doesnt have to suck UP the paint AND blow it on the piece im spraying. but like i said, it should be fine just for getting the hang of it^^ and who knows, maybe its actually a decent brush! :P

now im actually pretty happy that i still have to paint my HG exia^^ i got frustrated because the clear blue paint i used somehow reacted with the chrome base i used and everything looked just disgusting... im looking forward to fixing this guy, its been sitting in its box for some time now.

Indeed.. The brush may turn out good.. Happy painting and hope your Exia turns out the way you want it.

Appel 2011-08-28 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3745838)
Indeed.. The brush may turn out good.. Happy painting and hope your Exia turns out the way you want it.

yeah, i really hope so too... i finally want to finish it!

im really intrigued to use the ALCLAD II paints for it because i want it to look nice and shiny!

~Destiny~ 2011-08-28 23:43

Since no one else mentioned it yet :rolleyes:

Appel 2011-08-29 06:10

i dunno, but for some reason this doesnt look as good as the other RGs so far :P

suiton629 2011-08-29 09:34

The Gundam Perfect Present Campaign is live now on the official Gundam Perfect Facebook!
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...n-is-live.html

Has anyone gotten the link to enter to work?

o_O

I think Gundam Guy posted a fake contest. And I searched for the user and can't find it. So a fake user as well...wtf...

Appel 2011-08-29 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3746593)
The Gundam Perfect Present Campaign is live now on the official Gundam Perfect Facebook!
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...n-is-live.html

Has anyone gotten the link to enter to work?

o_O

I think Gundam Guy posted a fake contest. And I searched for the user and can't find it. So a fake user as well...wtf...

that doesnt mean that it is fake. the information must have come from somewhere :P i cant find anything about it though, too.

but besides that: "Prize will be shipped within Japan only."
so we can forget about entering, anyway.

suiton629 2011-08-29 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3746598)
that doesnt mean that it is fake. the information must have come from somewhere :P i cant find anything about it though, too.

but besides that: "Prize will be shipped within Japan only."
so we can forget about entering, anyway.

Yea. Just saw that..

Ugh, wtf... Then why did he post it? He's based off of the US (California) and most of his site visitors are from the US...and many others from like Europe and whatnot...

>_>

Japan only stuff should be left out.

Appel 2011-08-29 10:15

naa, i still think that he should post all gunpla related news. its supposed to be a news blog, if he left out certain things it would kinda defeat its purpose :P
and im sure that many people in japan use that blog as well.

i also just looked at the prices of the alclad II airbrush paints i want to use... for 1 bottle of chrome, one buttle of black glossy enamel primer and a bottle of top coat id pay about 30 to 40 bucks... :T i think ill try to find a different and cheaper primer. it just needs to be enamel, so i really dont have to use the alclad II primer. i think ill just use regular enamel paint for that.

pumpkins 2011-08-29 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 3746178)

doesnt look as impressive as the other RGs.. it just doesnt have the small colour variations like before. from what i can see the white are all the same except for the front skirts and the shoulders. :(

hopefully there's some nice gimmicks hidden away.

Appel 2011-08-29 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3746680)
doesnt look as impressive as the other RGs.. it just doesnt have the small colour variations like before. from what i can see the white are all the same except for the front skirts and the shoulders. :(

hopefully there's some nice gimmicks hidden away.

what kind of gimmicks should there be? in terms of gimmicks the freedom is a rather boring machine. the only things that it has going for it are the general design, the wings and the beam spamming weapons.
there really isnt much for bandai that they could add :P
also, i dont think different shades of white would look good on the freedom.

its just generally a little more detailed, like all the other RGs:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2017/38249134.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and at 2625 yen it almost doesnt really make a lot of sense to buy the RG in my opinion... you can get the MG version for about 3000 yen at HLJ for example :P


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.