AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Re:Zero (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Re:Zero - Episode 25 Discussion / Poll [FINALE] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=145136)

Kairin 2016-09-18 03:52

Re:Zero - Episode 25 Discussion / Poll [FINALE]

Welcome to the discussion thread for Re:Zero, Episode 25.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

konart 2016-09-18 11:38

Okay, I'm disappointed. =(

PS: with the certain things, not the episode as a whole ofc

AB079 2016-09-18 11:44

What an amazing episode, action all the time. Finally betelgeuse is gone for good after an incredible fight, even Satella showed up to purge him and leave subaru finally end this nightmare.

The way how they ended the series was good enough for me with Subaru finally saying his true feelings and being with Emilia again after all what happened to him. Definelly Re:Zero is the anime of the year without question, actually is the best anime that came out the last years.

[*SNIP*]

Seafoam 2016-09-18 12:02

Well, that was disappointing.

MagnaAngemon 2016-09-18 13:08

Beautiful episode. They chose an anime-only ending instead of giving us a S2. I'm fine with this TBH.

Stark700 2016-09-18 13:21

I'm glad to see Betelgeuse finally getting what he deserved: a royal ass kicking

As an anime original viewer, I am fine with the finale. Glad to see that they played the ED theme song again. What a journey this has been. Btw, I heard the BDs will have more violence.

Proto 2016-09-18 13:28

It's up on Crunchyroll if you have a subscription.

zeross87 2016-09-18 13:29

that was a really good closure, i'll be sad if there is not s2 at some point in time.

betelgeuse was more persistent than a biohazard boss there, just die already :heh:

i wonder why they put so much focus on subaru getting the book back but didn't do really much with it...

well, amazon delivered the tome 1 of the novel the week before so i'll go read that now :)

SMT 2016-09-18 13:29

I'm totally fine with the ending.
Overall episode felt really good and they used their budget pretty well for the last episode even though Emilia kinda looked weird at the end in some shots. BD will fix it I guess. :)

I'm a bit worried about this being the last animated part of the story though since they didn't end it on a cliffhanger. :(

Arkard 2016-09-18 13:33

Ack. It's finished. Now I'll feel all empty inside. Patrasche is such a loyal dragon though, curling up and protecting Subaru from the explosion at the end there.

The confession dialogue at the end there was really well done too.

Sigh, now comes the withdraw symptoms.

R.LocK 2016-09-18 13:37

As for the episode itself, the ending was so bright, I almost got blind while watching the last scenes. And hey, bye-bye Matsuoka's best character in a while.

foxbox360 2016-09-18 13:40

No season 2, huh we see. If it's that popular and sells , they might recon that ending with a bonus episode on BD.

konart 2016-09-18 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnaAngemon (Post 5947362)
Beautiful episode. They chose an anime-only ending instead of giving us a S2. I'm fine with this TBH.

Well, that's how arc ends anyway.

Now they can do an OVA and earn money for S2 :heh:

Wandering Soul 2016-09-18 14:03

I still liked the episode though. For the most part, it was a pretty good send off.

Sayaka Rei 2016-09-18 14:07

I am genuinely pleased with the episode, really nice the part with Emilia and Subaru ! :) We will see what is missing in S2, if it'll exists. But if not, better to have a closed end.

9/10 my final score

sryroo 2016-09-18 14:16

This episode really great you know. We can see Subaru epicness in this episode. The art and the motion really make the scene more better. Like when Subaru say 'I Love You' to Emilia it's really blow my mind. I mean, we often see Subaru make lovey dovey to Emilia, but that scene really make great impact to me.

And please don't blame White Fox. This episode really have great animation and don't forget this is 27 minutes long episode. Rather than that, we must praise them for their diligent. I believe we will and definitely have Season 2. If SAO have that why Re:Zero not.

sapphire9294 2016-09-18 14:17

so what did Subaru write on the book? death?

Haruyasha 2016-09-18 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire9294 (Post 5947426)
so what did Subaru write on the book? death?

He wrote what he says - "the end", in their native language.

Applehell 2016-09-18 14:28

Speaking as another person who knows about the source, I'm a little disappointed, but I thought was good finale anyway. It wrapped up enough for a sold ending while loose ends opened for S2 which at this point is almost garanteed to happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AB079 (Post 5947398)
Just lurking on Nico and 2ch shows the rage of the viewers, which I agree after considering what WF did. 50 minutes wasn't too much, going for just 25 mins for the grand finale was a mistake.

Not really. Asking for another 50 minutes was already too much and not very realistic. It's not a question of choice here. Beside by time of Episode 24 there weren't that many chapters left (about 12-13).

Besides apparently reaction from Japanese viewers on twitter very positive or some say. It has 100k tweets about it.

http://i.imgur.com/8vNXbWTl.jpg

blakstealth 2016-09-18 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Applehell (Post 5947436)

Besides apparently reaction from Japanese viewers on twitter very positive apparently. It has 100k tweets about it.

http://i.imgur.com/8vNXbWTl.jpg

This is how many Love Live Sunshine gets before the episode airs. :P