AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   "No Leaf Clover" - Online Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=4590)

chaos_of_manga 2004-01-08 13:11

"No Leaf Clover" - Online Manga

I'm drawing an online manga called "No Leaf Clover". It's about 2 guys who starts their own mercenary company and hunts down evil bastards...

The main characters:

Vincent: I guy who loves to live the life and eat ramen
Weapon: the Hands and a desert eage

Clive: A ninja-ish guy whothe best friend to Vincent, lasy some times....
Weapon: Katana

Mindy: A beatyful 17 years old highschool girl who loves everything...
Weapon: Tantos

Check out the manga:

www.nlc.thefinalheaven.com

AuKwOrD1 2004-01-13 19:38

sounds interesting keep up the work ;)

Deralti 2004-01-14 01:12

you wouldn't happen to like metallica...would ya?

chaos_of_manga 2004-01-14 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deralti
you wouldn't happen to like metallica...would ya?

eh... not really. I love System Of A Down!
I know why you aked me that question.. because Metallica has a song called "No Leaf Clover"... I can admit we got the title from there but the manga got nothing to do with Metallica (not even the song!). When I heard just the title of that song, my brain began to come up with several ideas to a manga... thats why we called it "No Leaf Clover"(it seems like everyone have to ask me that question :P )

The 27th page was supossed to be online... but I haven't talked to Pedro(the one who's editing the pages).... I hope he'll get online today.....

Anyway... Thanks for saying good things about the manga! :D

Keep posting!

Deralti 2004-01-16 00:05

Well, I'd say this manga has potential but...you might wanna re-work some dialogue, not to mention trying to stay at a fixed page size ;). When i saw the DBZ-like fireball thing, I stopped reading =/.

chaos_of_manga 2004-01-16 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deralti
Well, I'd say this manga has potential but...you might wanna re-work some dialogue, not to mention trying to stay at a fixed page size ;). When i saw the DBZ-like fireball thing, I stopped reading =/.

eh..... well I think you stopped reading to early in the manga! I must admit that the manga wassn't any good in the beginning. The early pages was drawn a half year ago! I now my english suck.... and that's why we got a guy who's editing the pages. Look at the newer peges... they look greater than the old ones. Just read thru the whole manga and then you can post a comment about it! :D

anyway... the 27th page is finally online! Check it out asap! I began to draw the 28th page... i drew alot wrong and i ende up with trowing the page in the trash! T_T

I'm gonna start draw the page soon... hopefully in this weekend! :D

Deralti 2004-01-16 21:32

I'll get to it, but right now I've got my own drawing to do :D. Keep it up! :).

chaos_of_manga 2004-09-07 11:11

It's been a LOOONG time since I've worked on "No Leaf Clover", it's been over a half year ago! And then, I suddenly wanted to work on with it.

We're going to fix the main page ( www.nlc.thefinalheaven.com ), and I'll start drawing new pages. In this past time I've also improved my drawing skills! The funny thing about the manga will be the change, since it looks incredebly crappy in the start, and later and later on it will just look better ;)

I'm also seeking a person who could edit the pages! Contact me by sending a mail or a PM.

Please read the manga :D ( There may be bugs in the page, since it's kind of under construction, since we're updating it.)

No Leaf Clover manga = www.nlc.thefinalheaven.com (sorry for repeating it.)

Mika 2004-09-08 12:12

I went and read through your manga...its not bad. I really think you need to do more dynamic panels. So they are different from pic to pic. Not just uniformed straight and square. Also...you need to try and convey more in the pictures and less dialog. from reading it I can see you are influance by dbz alot and naruto as well. which are both good mangas...but you need to make this story more YOURS and implement your own style. Good job though..at least you are working on it...I keep coming up with ideas ...then I procrastinate...so more power to ya!

Aoie_Emesai 2004-09-08 14:08

Nice keep it up, i hope u got a good story line too keep people like me intrested.
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/n...ard_konoka.jpg
Have fun ^_^ , This is my Favorite girl... :) :D

chaos_of_manga 2004-09-11 07:30

I edited all the pages yesterday, so I guess the new-edited pages will be online by today. (at least I really do hope so!).

Mika, you said it was inspired by DBZ and Naruto, and you're partly right there. I got inspired a bit by Naruto... but sorry, I've never read or seen any DBZ. The manga is really crappy at start, and might also be crappy so far. But I haven't worked on it for like 8 moths, so the newer pages that will come soon will look better! ;)

To you both, I'm glad you at least bothered to read some and to post your opinion!
Please read more of it when it comes, I'll post when a new page comes.

Still looking for someone who can edit the pages! (Got skills with either Photoshop or other editing progs?) Send me a PM!

www.nlc.thefinalheaven.com <----- check it!

AzrielBlack 2004-09-12 17:12

Its nice work and you can tell your putting loads of effort in just keep it up mate and im sure plenty of people will enjoy your work. Although your english isnt great its still readable and i had no problems understanding what you wrote. Also the character design and the backgrounds in perticular are well drawn.

As i said just keep up the good work. ;)

chaos_of_manga 2004-09-12 17:29

Thanks! I apreciate (guess I have another spelling mistake here...) poeple enjoying the manga! :D

And you're right, my english is not perfect, that's why I'm seeking someone to edit the pages, so I don't have to write! :P

I've drawn page 28 and 29 today! So they'll be online asap! Hang in there, and post your opinion about the manga!

No leaf clover = www.nlc.thefinalheaven.com (I better add it to my signature...)

MrMoron 2004-09-13 14:23

I think that comic is quite entertaining. It's like a parody of shounen manga cliches, with spelling and punctuation errors. It's hilarious. I love it.

dnmt 2004-09-14 15:24

I thought manga refered to Japanese comics. You are distinctly not Japanese.

chaos_of_manga 2004-09-14 16:42

Manga is a japanese style of drawing comics.

Page 28 is finally online! Check it asap! ;)

page 29 will be online asap, and I'll also add more sketches and some new character pics tommorrow!

chaos_of_manga 2004-09-18 04:24

Page 29 is online! Check it and post comments!

Page 30 is finished and just need to get edited before thrown online ;)

chaos_of_manga 2004-09-25 11:46

please do post comments...

well anyways, page 30 iis finished and online! page 28 and 29 is edited and look better ;)

check it!