AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do y'all keep a list of what you have seen? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=418)

Kempis Curious 2003-11-07 02:02

Do y'all keep a list of what you have seen?

I've been keeping an excel file listing all the anime I've seen so far.
This started after I downloaded an anime THREE FRIKKIN TIMES because I couldn't remember that I'd already watched it. :mad: (Happy Lesson was very forgettable to me):D

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else does this, and what method they use.

-k

curious

golly I've seen a lot of anime

Superchop 2003-11-07 02:07

I dont keep a list of anime's i've seen...but i do keep a list of the fansubs i d/l...

since i dont have ms office or anything similar...i use a text file to keep a list of all of them...1 text file for each series...and in the text file i put the group name that subbed it...and what the ep name is...

Esperchld 2003-11-07 02:21

I don't keep a list because it would have been VERY large quite a long time ago. However, I do tend to remember what I have seen. Get a list of well over 500 series going and we will see if you still keep it up to date. After a certain point it just isn't worth it. If I haven't seen it I download it (strange it used to be that the anime would come to me, but sadly I must go to it).

Kempis Curious 2003-11-07 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esperchld
I don't keep a list because it would have been VERY large quite a long time ago. However, I do tend to remember what I have seen. Get a list of well over 500 series going and we will see if you still keep it up to date. After a certain point it just isn't worth it.

I disagree. Being an old timer too, my list is up to 761 different series/movies/OVA's, split between Good, Fans Only, and Bad. The ratio is fairly close to 25/50/25.

It's fun to go back over the notes I take on animes that I wouldn't remember unless prompted... especially the stinkers like Najica Blitz Tactics, Toshinden the Anime, or Bite Me! I got pretty creative in my attacks on anime that I felt wasted my time.

:) It also helps in these forums when people ask "what's your favorite <whatever>" I can go down the list and remember things that I wouldn't be able to pull from the noggin.

-k

Kamui4356 2003-11-07 02:54

I don't keep a list of everything I've seen, but I do keep one of everything I own. That includes both fansubs and dvds. I have one list of just fansubs, and a master list with everything and what format it's in.

jen-chan 2003-11-07 03:01

nope i dont keep a list of everything i've seen.if i did it would be around 50 or mayb more.hehe.now for dvds i have no need to keep a list but i sorta have it in my mind.hehe.right now im making a list of dvds i want to buy.

Kid 2003-11-07 03:02

Yes I keep a list. Since I've not trusted my own memory for... years now. :p

Kyuven 2003-11-07 03:07

my memory is pretty good
i could never list off everything i've seen, but i can definately tell you if i've seen something or not if you give me the name

jen-chan 2003-11-07 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuven
my memory is pretty good
i could never list off everything i've seen, but i can definately tell you if i've seen something or not if you give me the name

yup me too.all i need is the name and i can tell you if i've seen it or not.thats how good my memory is but to listing from memory..it will take a long and i mean long time.too many ive seen.haha.thats why i said 50 or more but i bet its either around 100 or something like that.

Koshiba 2003-11-07 03:32

I don't.. That would be *way* too difficult for me and besides.. It would be *really* hard for me to forget an anime. ^_^; I do keep a list of what I own on DVD though.. But just anime I've watched, that list would be too huge! And I don't remember all the anime I watched years ago. :P So nah. I don't think I'd ever keep a list.

NoSanninWa 2003-11-07 03:55

List Poll

I thought that Small One was right about it being a good idea to add a poll to this thread, so without further ado, here it is! (Incidently I don't keep such a list. I only keep a list of the anime I actually own. It's a much shorter list!)

Kempis Curious 2003-11-07 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One
You should have made this a poll...

But what I'd really like to know: What anime was it that you downloaded this often?

'twas written there, "Happy Lesion".

Happy Lesson actually. :( It's late.

Paper list? Wow. Hard to search on that.

I also keep a text file with what's on CDROM.
I actually made a batch file which appends the contents of the CD drive onto the end of such text file. It's not an exact way to find something, but it works well since I keep the CD's in order they were created. I bet there's better ways to do this. ^_^

-k

bluemist 2003-11-07 04:58

I keep a list of my anime collection only (in Excel format). I also list 'where' the cds are placed (in Word format). And I only watched about 50% of all the anime in my collection. I don't need to keep track of which anime I saw, though it would be nice to do that, for statistics and stuff. I'm interested to know how many episodes and how much time I spent watching all those shows.

TaMz 2003-11-07 05:58

No...
the only list I got is somewhere in the back of my brain...

Vicious 2003-11-07 11:34

Yes, I do. I have a list with all the animes I've caught till today :D

Hunter 2003-11-07 12:13

I have only a list with the 30-40 animes in progress that I follow with the last episode number of each one, but when the series stops, I remove the name of my .txt

Vulkar 2003-11-07 12:41

Nope. No list. I used to enter my data in that animenet thing which calculated your ratings of anime you've seen to suggest anime you haven't seen, but the site died I think.

Tboz 2003-11-07 12:47

No, I don't actually keep a list. I can remember them tho.

My download history isn't that long cuz I just got my unlimited broadband connections. So I mostly watch those on TV or buy them off the shelves. :D

And maybe because I am abit choosy and only watch those that appeal to me, that's why the list isn't long also. :p

gravitation 2003-11-07 13:20

i dont keep a list but i remember them all, writing a list would take long ^_^

s0nicfreak 2003-11-07 14:04

I watch like 20 series at a time so I would lose track of what ep I'm on of each series. I use to use pen & paper but it wasted alot of paper ^^; The one day I realised I could just use text files, duuuuuhhhhhh. So now I keep two text files, one for downloaded one for watched.