AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   My HiME / My Otome (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Who is the real queen of Windbloom? (possible spoilers) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26904)

mikemil828 2005-12-25 17:12

Who is the real queen of Windbloom? (possible spoilers)

So we have three girls who know the same song, and have the same birthday, Mashiro's reign is in dispute, who can be the true Queen of Windbloom?

In my opinion all three could be, here is what I think.

It has been said that Rena was not only the Otome of the King, but also his daughter, apparently she was forced into this mantle, and eventually she decided to cast aside the role of otome and have a daughter herself and timed it so that the baby was born exactly on the same day that her younger sister would be born. Anyway it would be a major scandal if the Princess/Otome broke one of the unbreakable rules of being an Otome, and rather dangerous as there would be no otome to protect the castle, so they made it so they would rotate the babies around so that it would look like only one child had been born, one would be sent to the Minister and the others would be sent to the grandma.

In Episode 7 Mashiro said that her Mother was the King and Queen, and most likely Mashiro is the younger sister of Rena, Arika most likely was born of Rena.

How does Nina fit in this, well I believe Arika and Nina are actually twins, and on the night that Rena died, Nina was the one placed in the basket with the necklace, how the necklace ended up with Arika is uncertain.

What do you think?

Takemi_Ikazuchi 2005-12-25 17:15

Aoi obviously

Tremalkinger 2005-12-25 18:26

There is far too little information to really answer the question. Of course, that didn't stop me from voting Nina.

Can you give me a source on the whole Rena being the King's daughter deal? I don't remember that ever being stated. While I think its a possibility (perhaps likely), I don't remember it ever being stated as fact.

The main reason why I think its going to be Nina? It would make for a good story.

PastPrime 2005-12-25 18:33

I think that, given that they are trying to make her look like a fake, Mashiro will be the real queen. If not her, then Nina. Of course, they may fool everyone, and in the end we find out that they disguised the real pricess as a cat.

lana3007 2005-12-25 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastPrime
Of course, they may fool everyone, and in the end we find out that they disguised the real pricess as a cat.

Actually, considering what we are watching that might not be all that far off. I mean there is already a very suspicious Mikito looking shadow around, so who knows?

As for the Nina/Arika/Mashiro question .. I don't think it's going to be Arika because if she really is the queen she will have to give up being an Otome, which would be a little pointless considering all of her dreams that are so emphasized by the series. Whether Nina or Mashiro ends up being the queen, Arika in my opinion will remain an Otome.

But between Mashiro and Nina ... I am not ready to make a choice yet.

Shizuru 2005-12-25 19:14

Definitively Nina is my choice, although until now there is no enough information to state this... i just have that feeling... specially after episode six where, before getting unconscious, she saw a ....what? flashback? of Rena (maybe placing Nina in the basket?? or... perhaps they crossed by chance.. who knows.. for me, Nina is the queen but it's just speculation).

The "flashback" nina saw on episode 6

http://img41.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_b83bc_oto01.jpg

Akuma-sama 2005-12-25 19:53

Good idea to set up this pool :D

:stupid: I voted Nina

Anh_Minh 2005-12-25 20:14

Nagi is the real queen. To protect his identity, he even goes as far as crossdressing.

Befgrek 2005-12-25 20:15

I think we'll either get proof that Mashiro is the real deal, or we'll never get to now. I don't think it'll really matter who's real in the end, because Mashiro WILL end up being the queen no matter what. (Fake or not.) All signs seems to point to Arika ending up as Mashiro's otome, and she can't have an otome if she's not the queen. Unless, of course, Arika makes an exeption, destoying the whole otome system, creating chaos, somehow forcing everyone to battle each other for some reason, and then everyone dies, and we'll have a reset and... no.

But really, isn't obvious Wind Bloom is Mashiro's country? After all, her Mai Hime name was Mashiro Kazahana. Kazahana = Wind bloom. ;)

Tatiana Razajev 2005-12-25 20:34

I'm not exactly sure, but I personally would love the idea of all three of them being royalty. I mean I could almost imagine them ruling the country together and getting into three way debates on what should and should not be done.

Akuma-sama 2005-12-25 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Nagi wants to be the real queen. To protect his identity, he will even go as far as crossdressing.

Corrected. :D

PastPrime 2005-12-25 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev
I'm not exactly sure, but I personally would love the idea of all three of them being royalty. I mean I could almost imagine them ruling the country together and getting into three way debates on what should and should not be done.

I think that, if Mashiro is the Queen and the Otome system survives with Arika as her Otome, they will be very popular at parties of royalty. The others would get a lot of laughs out of the fights between them when Mashiro tries to get Arika to serve her the way the other Otomes serve their masters. I could see a lot of statements like "Your arms and legs aren't broken, get it yourself" coming from Arika.

Tempest35 2005-12-25 21:43

*chuckles* I can imagine Nina being Queen and she lowers the age requirement for marriage...:heh:

Nina: Otousama~ I wish to get married.

Sergey: That's great! Who's the lucky guy, Ni~na-chan?

Nina: *blushes terribly* ... you, Otousama...

Sergey: Ah, that's grea~ 0.o WHAAA~AAT!?!

Shizuru: Ara~ ara~

Natsuki: *embarrassed angry blush* ... matte ku, I never thought he was that bad...

Sergey: Eh!? N-no!! Wait, this is a mistake!!

Tate (MH): *claps a hand on his shoulder* Don't worry man, I know how it feels to have someone 'related' to ya want to cross 'that' line.

Sergey: .... who are you??? AND DON'T COMPARE ME TO YOU!!

Heh heh, I had fun writing that bit. Hey, something interesting and fun - how about we make up our own lines like how they do at the previews for the next episode? On another thread of course...:D v

Xellos-_^ 2005-12-25 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastPrime
I think that, if Mashiro is the Queen and the Otome system survives with Arika as her Otome, they will be very popular at parties of royalty. The others would get a lot of laughs out of the fights between them when Mashiro tries to get Arika to serve her the way the other Otomes serve their masters. I could see a lot of statements like "Your arms and legs aren't broken, get it yourself" coming from Arika.

At the same part we will also sww Shizuru 'testing" all the young women there to see if any are suitable to be Otomes :naughty:

Back to topice, i think Mashiro after all said and done is the Queen. Becuase unless MO is plan for more then 26 Eps, it would be too messy for the storyline to be otherwise.

bluegarden 2005-12-25 22:29

obviously mikoto is the real queen, she's just pretending to be a cat:D

mikemil828 2005-12-25 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
There is far too little information to really answer the question. Of course, that didn't stop me from voting Nina.

Can you give me a source on the whole Rena being the King's daughter deal? I don't remember that ever being stated. While I think its a possibility (perhaps likely), I don't remember it ever being stated as fact.

The main reason why I think its going to be Nina? It would make for a good story.

Well it was spoken here, the whole Rena being the King's Daughter bit, but there is some consequential evidence to back up that it might have happened. Back in Episode 4 Yayoi-chan wondered about Arika's roots, she asked (in passing, great place if any for forshadowing) if she (Arika) was a princess from some noble family. Apparently it isn't all that rare to have actual royalty training to become otomes for their families, perhaps Rena is was just one of those cases

Thewanderer 2005-12-25 22:56

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4707493162.jpg

Hmmm...

Mod Edit:Never mind. Thread title warns of spoilers.

mikemil828 2005-12-25 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewanderer

Hmm, what?

Mod Edit:Never mind. Thread title warns of spoilers.

Thewanderer 2005-12-25 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemil828
Hmm, what?

The picture.

mikemil828 2005-12-25 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewanderer
The picture.

All three have the same birthday, so?