AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

skyboy928 2011-07-19 09:04

now that i finally clean up the whole place i could finally start working on them, but the painting part will have to wait for weekend. so i guess tonight i will work on the new SD Wing and SD 00 Raiser as well

Appel 2011-07-19 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3696169)
now that i finally clean up the whole place i could finally start working on them, but the painting part will have to wait for weekend. so i guess tonight i will work on the new SD Wing and SD 00 Raiser as well

cool^^ make sure to upload some photos again!

my next projects will probably be the F91 and the turn-A. i meant to get them all the time now but they were either out of stock or i had other plans :P but next month there wont be any new big releases that im interested in so i might as well get them then. well, the MG delta plus gets released next month but knowing bandai they will release it at the end of the august, so i might as well count that as a september kit for me^^

skyboy928 2011-07-19 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3696179)
cool^^ make sure to upload some photos again!

my next projects will probably be the F91 and the turn-A. i meant to get them all the time now but they were either out of stock or i had other plans :P but next month there wont be any new big releases that im interested in so i might as well get them then. well, the MG delta plus gets released next month but knowing bandai they will release it at the end of the august, so i might as well count that as a september kit for me^^

out of all the Gundam series, Turn A is the only one that i don't have, for some reason.... that design is just........... so not Gundam...... :heh:
for my next purchase probably be all those RG, and possible a Metal Build, i haven't have a Metal "toy" since the 80's, lol. sure wonder if they need to assemble or not

Appel 2011-07-19 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3696244)
out of all the Gundam series, Turn A is the only one that i don't have, for some reason.... that design is just........... so not Gundam...... :heh:
for my next purchase probably be all those RG, and possible a Metal Build, i haven't have a Metal "toy" since the 80's, lol. sure wonder if they need to assemble or not

i was thinking about getting a metal build as well. i bet the OO gundam seven sword /g metal build version is pretty awesome, i bet the die cast frame is a lot better than a plastic frame^^ but 123€ plus shipping is a little too expensive for my taste, might as well get a PG kit for that kinda money :T

edit: also after watching rrobbert184s review about the MG Ex-S in which he mentioned that the stickers of his model peel off a lot i instected my models to see any detatched stickers. the unicorns and the strikes eyes were detatched a tiny bit but that was it. do you guys have problems with bad stickers?
i also remember that when i built the Ex-S the stickers didnt want to stay properly. i removed excess fat from my fingers with acetone and glued the parts that didnt stick in place :P worked out quite well. but the Ex-S was pretty much the only model that i built that had problems with stickers.

skyboy928 2011-07-19 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3696273)
i was thinking about getting a metal build as well. i bet the OO gundam seven sword /g metal build version is pretty awesome, i bet the die cast frame is a lot better than a plastic frame^^ but 123 plus shipping is a little too expensive for my taste, might as well get a PG kit for that kinda money :T

edit: also after watching rrobbert184s review about the MG Ex-S in which he mentioned that the stickers of his model peel off a lot i instected my models to see any detatched stickers. the unicorns and the strikes eyes were detatched a tiny bit but that was it. do you guys have problems with bad stickers?
i also remember that when i built the Ex-S the stickers didnt want to stay properly. i removed excess fat from my fingers with acetone and glued the parts that didnt stick in place :P worked out quite well. but the Ex-S was pretty much the only model that i built that had problems with stickers.

i don't remember i have any sticker problem with my EX-S. but then again, i didn't really put that much of it. since i also have the regular S on the side, so my EX-S been staying as G-Cruiser for long time, :heh:

Appel 2011-07-19 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3696302)
i don't remember i have any sticker problem with my EX-S. but then again, i didn't really put that much of it. since i also have the regular S on the side, so my EX-S been staying as G-Cruiser for long time, :heh:

i meant the regular red stickers that go onto the wings^^ those didnt want to stay on mine at all :P
and i see, you have the S gundam as well^^ for me the Ex-S is enough :P and i dont really want to transform it... the transformation is complicated, relies on many tiny parts that might break and i really dont like the looks of the g-cruiser anyway^^

Sworra 2011-07-19 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3696307)
i meant the regular red stickers that go onto the wings^^ those didnt want to stay on mine at all :P
and i see, you have the S gundam as well^^ for me the Ex-S is enough :P and i dont really want to transform it... the transformation is complicated, relies on many tiny parts that might break and i really dont like the looks of the g-cruiser anyway^^

Just take the stickers off and paint the parts.. Mask off the area and paint it red. Saves a ton of issues and not worring about stickers peeling off.. I bought my Ex-S gundam and by seeing rrobberts184's video review i can see the troubles of the kit that i can focus on repairing, or improving.

skyboy928 2011-07-19 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3696307)
i meant the regular red stickers that go onto the wings^^ those didnt want to stay on mine at all :P
and i see, you have the S gundam as well^^ for me the Ex-S is enough :P and i dont really want to transform it... the transformation is complicated, relies on many tiny parts that might break and i really dont like the looks of the g-cruiser anyway^^

oh those sticker, mine seem to be fine, but i understand what you mean of not sticking, they are kinda like those old non-grade Gundam's sticker. i guess paint it like Sworra said would be the best way to solve that problem.

and the reason why i have both S and Ex-S is all because i didn't wait....... as soon as S got released i got it the first day, then they release Ex-S right after......
but i guess i never have the patience to wait on something that i want, lol look at me having both Zeong and Perfect Zeong then you would understand, lol

Appel 2011-07-19 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3696369)
oh those sticker, mine seem to be fine, but i understand what you mean of not sticking, they are kinda like those old non-grade Gundam's sticker. i guess paint it like Sworra said would be the best way to solve that problem.

and the reason why i have both S and Ex-S is all because i didn't wait....... as soon as S got released i got it the first day, then they release Ex-S right after......
but i guess i never have the patience to wait on something that i want, lol look at me having both Zeong and Perfect Zeong then you would understand, lol

i would have painted it but i didnt have red paint at the time :P and i got the stickers to stick pretty nicely so its not that much of a big deal^^
and i think the S and Ex-S gundam are both equally as awesome, its not a bad thing to have both!
oh and i know what you mean, i can never wait, too :P i preordered the MG OO Qan[T] even though its pretty clear that bandai will release a version that can pull off the full quantum burst mode some time in the future. or the OO raiser... i ordered it, put it together and a couple of days later they annouced the OO seven sword /g XD both examples dont realy bother me though, i wouldnt want to display the OOQ in quantum burst mode and i prefer the OOR over the OO seven sword /g :P but still, if i WAS interested in them it would be a major bummer for me XD

skyboy928 2011-07-19 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3696419)
i would have painted it but i didnt have red paint at the time :P and i got the stickers to stick pretty nicely so its not that much of a big deal^^
and i think the S and Ex-S gundam are both equally as awesome, its not a bad thing to have both!
oh and i know what you mean, i can never wait, too :P i preordered the MG OO Qan[T] even though its pretty clear that bandai will release a version that can pull off the full quantum burst mode some time in the future. or the OO raiser... i ordered it, put it together and a couple of days later they annouced the OO seven sword /g XD both examples dont realy bother me though, i wouldnt want to display the OOQ in quantum burst mode and i prefer the OOR over the OO seven sword /g :P but still, if i WAS interested in them it would be a major bummer for me XD

i'm still debating if i should get Exia and 00Q as well. but the thing i hate is Exia, 00 and 00Q pretty much the same....... my wallet suffer major damage when they first release Striker. i keep on getting one after another, ended up have to stop myself from getting Striker Freedom......
:heh:

Appel 2011-07-19 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3696443)
i'm still debating if i should get Exia and 00Q as well. but the thing i hate is Exia, 00 and 00Q pretty much the same....... my wallet suffer major damage when they first release Striker. i keep on getting one after another, ended up have to stop myself from getting Striker Freedom......
:heh:

only OO raiser and OO qan[t] are similar, exia is actually pretty different.
exia has a couple of flaws like very lose hip joints but the OOQ is one of the best models i have ever put together. everything about it is just awesome!^^
i also like to have full sets of lead machines :P i have strike, freedom and strike freedom and exia, OOR and OOQ^^ and since i dont buy all variants and HG and no grade kits of the same gundam i can afford that pretty nicely :P

skyboy928 2011-07-19 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3696458)
only OO raiser and OO qan[t] are similar, exia is actually pretty different.
exia has a couple of flaws like very lose hip joints but the OOQ is one of the best models i have ever put together. everything about it is just awesome!^^
i also like to have full sets of lead machines :P i have strike, freedom and strike freedom and exia, OOR and OOQ^^ and since i dont buy all variants and HG and no grade kits of the same gundam i can afford that pretty nicely :P

i see, so i guess i could think about getting both of them on my next purchase.
i haven't bought much HG recently, now that i look back, it seem all my HG is actually HGUC with the exception of the old Wings and X

Appel 2011-07-19 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3696475)
i see, so i guess i could think about getting both of them on my next purchase.
i haven't bought much HG recently, now that i look back, it seem all my HG is actually HGUC with the exception of the old Wings and X

they are not even all that expensive^^ the OOQ costs 3600 yen at HLJ and the exia costs 3040 yen as the normal MG and 5200 as the ignition mode version. i got the ignition mode exia because i wanted the chrome weapons and the LEDs :P

skyboy928 2011-07-19 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3696491)
they are not even all that expensive^^ the OOQ costs 3600 yen at HLJ and the exia costs 3040 yen as the normal MG and 5200 as the ignition mode version. i got the ignition mode exia because i wanted the chrome weapons and the LEDs :P

i just take a look at Gundamplanet, they are selling 00Q at $60 while regular Exia at $48, but the trans-am version at $74........

Appel 2011-07-19 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3696554)
i just take a look at Gundamplanet, they are selling 00Q at $60 while regular Exia at $48, but the trans-am version at $74........

im not a big fan of the trans-am mode models :P it doesnt look all that awesome and because of the gloss color its way more expensive... no thank you! :P
those prices seem reasonable though. at HLJ youd have to pay the same plus customs fees.
but still, i can totally recommend both models^^ i mean, you already have the OOR which has almost the same frame as the OOQ, so you know how good its going to be :P

skyboy928 2011-07-19 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3696575)
im not a big fan of the trans-am mode models :P it doesnt look all that awesome and because of the gloss color its way more expensive... no thank you! :P
those prices seem reasonable though. at HLJ youd have to pay the same plus customs fees.
but still, i can totally recommend both models^^ i mean, you already have the OOR which has almost the same frame as the OOQ, so you know how good its going to be :P

guess i will do that as soon as i finish those at home. thanks

Appel 2011-07-19 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3696598)
guess i will do that as soon as i finish those at home. thanks

no problem :P
i also like the exia because it has no weight issues since there is no huge backpack. posing it is pretty easy, even without an actionbase^^
its a really great model except for the pretty bad ankles and the weak hip.

skyboy928 2011-07-19 23:57

finally finished the SD Wing, it just look so damn good, especially when you see the older one side by side, this new SD Wing is like a PG for SD. it just so detail even without paint, but it does have some sticker that you might want to paint instead of put those on. but for now i will leave it like this.
Spoiler for my SD Wings:

Appel 2011-07-20 04:35

the new SD wing really does look stunning^^
and about that big sword, the normal wing cant do that of course but almost all SD kits have some sort of transformation thing where you pop off some parts and rearrange them into some kind of weapon :P

skyboy928 2011-07-20 06:24

Tonight if I have time I will start work on the SD 00R, sure can't wait


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.