AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Faux Mecha 2016-05-21 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5856558)
Thats quite possibly the most disturbing thing I have seen on this thread :uhoh:

you probably haven't yet seen images of him sexually molesting other characters.......... :uhoh::heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-05-21 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5855958)

Damn it, I just bought Form 6 and weapons support pack yesterday now I see Bandai planning to release the whole set anyway.

No biggy. If you buy the complete set, you can still use that Barbatos of yours for one of the forms considering the set only gives you two Barbatos(es) ;).

xeviouses 2016-05-21 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5856916)
No biggy. If you buy the complete set, you can still use that Barbatos of yours for one of the forms considering the set only gives you two Barbatos(es) ;).

Eh, model fatigue. As much as I love Gunpla, building the same thing 4 times is gonna get tiring. Heck, by the 4th model I'm sure I can build it without* the guide anymore.:heh:

Chibiloli 2016-05-21 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5856996)
Eh, model fatigue. As much as I love Gunpla, building the same thing 4 times is gonna get tiring. Heck, by the 4th model I'm sure I can build it with the guide anymore.:heh:

I know that feeling man, of all the parts I have to build in a Gunpla, I find leg assembly the most boring part.

Blazer-X 2016-05-23 11:01

HG REVIVE Blast Impulse... P-Bandai exclusive...

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!? First, you got no HG, then no MG, and now even the REVIVE HG is EXCLUSIVE!? Holy crap, Bandai. WHY!?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-05-23 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer-X (Post 5858139)

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!? First, you got no HG, then no MG, and now even the REVIVE HG is EXCLUSIVE!? Holy crap, Bandai. WHY!?

Money and less production cost. That way Bandai can minimize product surplus and make sure that every copy (or close to that) will be sold either by collectors or resellers. I gues you can blame it on the economy.

LoweGear 2016-05-24 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer-X (Post 5858139)

Not surprising really. The Blast Impulse never even got its own HG SEED model nor an MG. Considering that, I've always expected it to be a P-Bandai exclusive if they ever came out with it, and they did. Hell, that we're even getting it at all is reason enough to celebrate.

Router25 2016-05-25 06:17

Just saw RG Qant's frame runners. I'm somehow thinking of a way on how to make the dual binders work (seeing that the drive holder has holes on both sides)

Galaxian 2016-05-25 20:37

Trying to decide between RG Wing Zero EW, RG Destiny, and HG Barbatos From 6.

The difference between RG and HG is only around $7, but I already have HGs of Wing Zero (both version) and Destiny while I don't have a single model from IBO.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-05-25 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5859550)
Trying to decide between RG Wing Zero EW, RG Destiny, and HG Barbatos From 6.

The difference between RG and HG is only around $7, but I already have HGs of Wing Zero (both version) and Destiny while I don't have a single model from IBO.

I'd get Barbie if I were you. I'd like to try something new (unless you've never build RGs before). Those regular RGs aren't going anywhere. You can always buy them later.

kgrodriguez 2016-05-25 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5859563)
I'd get Barbie if I were you. I'd like to try something new (unless you've never build RGs before). Those regular RGs aren't going anywhere. You can always buy them later.

I'd echo this.

Go with something you've never built before, plus, Barbie is fun to build.

Faux Mecha 2016-05-26 07:25

am i the only one who finds U.C. suits with 'bicep curl' default arm position outright awkward stupid & impractical looking?
which is much worse if the kits follow the original line art strongly,
i mean some had shields mounted on the underside of the arms as opposed to at the side of the arms, this sometimes due to larger sized shields causes them to bump against the torso, back pack, or shoulder armor if you try to pose the arms in a front facing elbow bend that sometimes render the fully articulated arms useless, unless the shield mount has some sort of articulation on itself,

also another rant that some guns, like the Zaku Machine gun for example, had huge rear stock that was static, with no way of folding them up thus causing them to bump onto the arm itself when holding the gun, causing the wrists to bend downwards thus unable to hold the gun straight,

so i guess the old retro original U.C. designs aged so badly that we need Katoki to modernize them up for convenience, what is up with suits that hold their weapons with in an awkward bicep curl "free hugs" pose.

Galaxian 2016-05-26 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5859563)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5859565)
I'd echo this.

Go with something you've never built before, plus, Barbie is fun to build.

Keeping in line of something I haven't built before, what would you guys recommend between Barbatos and Lightning Zeta, which just got restock.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-05-26 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5859935)
Keeping in line of something I haven't built before, what would you guys recommend between Barbatos and Lightning Zeta, which just got restock.

I'd still choose Barbie coz it offers something more fresh (mostly the HG inner frame) compared to the usual modern HGUC. But here's something to consider: Barbie still needs some painting for the detailings while Lightning Zeta will look gorgeous after only a straight-build. Your choice.

xeviouses 2016-05-26 11:43

Quote:

Go with Barbie, its as fresh as it can get. Better wait for the Form set, if you want all forms of Barbie.

Lightning Zeta has no wave rider form. Which depending on you, could be a plus or minus.

kgrodriguez 2016-05-27 02:38

Quote:

I haven't personally built the Lightning Zeta yet, but I've read reviews about it and have friends who already did, so just take that into consideration.

That being said, I'd still build Barbie. I feel like it offers something fresh and new, though I do agree that a straight build Lightning Zeta looks a little more complete compared to a straight build Barbie. But this is not to say that a straight build Barbie looks bad or anything.

Go with Barbie. It would be fun.

wavehawk 2016-05-27 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5860404)
Go with Barbie. It would be fun.

- I'm so tempted to make a Ken joke here somewhere but I don't know how to force it in.

Don't build an RG if you've got trouble with very small parts or have never built an MG before. RGs are abasically like MGs but smaller, so if you can't deal with that...

Mech42ace 2016-05-27 13:28

Quote:

I've built both kits, and both are very solid. Personally I'd choose the Lightning Zeta over the Barbatos, just because of the Barbie's horrid foil stickers for the shoulders and knee plates.
Though if you have plans to paint it, it would look pretty sharp, but you do get a more complete looking straight build with the Zeta.

Galaxian 2016-05-27 20:53

The Straight Built look is very important to me since I'm horrible at trying to paint models.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-05-27 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5860883)
The Straight Built look is very important to me since I'm horrible at trying to paint models.

Maybe I can give you an alternative: If you want IBO kit that looks good after straight-built then I suggest you get HG Kim, HG Gerde or one of the HG Grazes. They won't disappoint (except for Grazes' hidden ball-censors that looks bad on stickers). Given those are available, of course.