AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Router25 2016-09-21 19:34

Seven Swords and without the /G. What's next the XN-Raiser and inspection colors?

Bonta Kun 2016-09-22 06:59

Damn I was hoping to no pick up anything for quite a while but a RG Seven Sword, will have to get asap!

And a F91 Metal Build!

That I am very very tempted to get!

Tormenk 2016-09-22 09:05

You have gone too far Bandai. :( The P-Bandai tag hits everyone where it hurts eventually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5949540)

RG 00 7-Sword:
That thing is an exclusive?! :twitch: The price won't be pretty. Those who don't have a 7-Sword kit yet, save your money and buy the MG instead. It's a near-perfect kit that can hold and wield all of its weapons really well if you build it correctly, and it's reasonable bigger than the RG for added impact.

Size and time constraints draws me towards the RG counterparts of kits that are otherwise available in 1/100. Red Frame, Zeta, Exia and now this. On this note, I would buy a RG of the Heavyarms if it was ever made.

Personally, I really enjoy seeing a great amount of detail being packed into a 1/144 sized kit as well.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-09-22 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 5949859)
Size and time constraints draws me towards the RG counterparts of kits that are otherwise available in 1/100. Red Frame, Zeta, Exia and now this. On this note, I would buy a RG of the Heavyarms if it was ever made.

Personally, I really enjoy seeing a great amount of detail being packed into a 1/144 sized kit as well.

Don’t get me wrong though. My comment that you quoted is not a knock against RGs. I myself have a bunch of them (I mainly collect the SEED Deactive line and other exclusive RGs). I generally like RGs, but in that case of RG Exclusive 7-Sword, I predicted some negatives about it that will make the MG the better choice such as:
  1. Overpriced (for those not living in Japan or don't have reliable relatives or friends in Japan)
  2. Most likely not able to wield the GN Buster Sword main weapon in a satisfying manner
  3. AFAIK, it doesn’t have the GN Sword II Blaster which even the HG has
I can be wrong on those predictions but if I'm right, the MG 7-Sword doesn’t have those problems and it’s as detailed and reasonably bigger too for those who like big kits. And trust me, building RGs is not always faster than building MGs. It depends on each kit.

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus 2016-09-22 20:40

What makes me very sad is the relative absence of regular MG releases this year.
It's like September already, and the only regular releases we got are Freedom 2.0 and the Full Armor Gundam (with the Psycho Zaku coming up soon).

LoweGear 2016-09-22 20:51

Kinda sad that the Sword Impulse Revive is yet another P-Bandai exclusive, but damn it still looks great.

darkone45 2016-09-22 22:08

The next Line up of Mobile suit Gundam Iron-blooded Orphans kits are on the way http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2016/09...ndam-iron.html
Can anyone guess what it is :P

also 9 days before season 2 starts ;)

Tormenk 2016-09-23 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5949881)
Don’t get me wrong though. My comment that you quoted is not a knock against RGs. I myself have a bunch of them (I mainly collect the SEED Deactive line and other exclusive RGs). I generally like RGs, but in that case of RG Exclusive 7-Sword, I predicted some negatives about it that will make the MG the better choice such as:
  1. Overpriced (for those not living in Japan or don't have reliable relatives or friends in Japan)
  2. Most likely not able to wield the GN Buster Sword main weapon in a satisfying manner
  3. AFAIK, it doesn’t have the GN Sword II Blaster which even the HG has
I can be wrong on those predictions but if I'm right, the MG 7-Sword doesn’t have those problems and it’s as detailed and reasonably bigger too for those who like big kits. And trust me, building RGs is not always faster than building MGs. It depends on each kit.

Don't worry I understand your point. I was just offering my views why the RG 7-Sword is appealing to me, even with the known hurdles the kit might carry.

Next MG is the GM Sniper.

It looks pretty good.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-09-23 03:39

^ MG GM Sniper II looks nice indeed. Here's hoping it has brand new mold.

On another topic, I'm very tempted to get the Metal Build F91 coz so far, I haven't seen a great representation of F91 in 1/100 scale. The shoulder-fins on the MG is a joke. The HG 1/100 has great shoulder-fins but the overall quality of the kit is not great by today's standard. I'll see how good the shoulder-fins of this MB once we get a better look.

Bonta Kun 2016-09-23 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5950339)
^ MG GM Sniper II looks nice indeed. Here's hoping it has brand new mold.

On another topic, I'm very tempted to get the Metal Build F91 coz so far, I haven't seen a great representation of F91 in 1/100 scale. The shoulder-fins on the MG is a joke. The HG 1/100 has great shoulder-fins but the overall quality of the kit is not great by today's standard. I'll see how good the shoulder-fins of this MB once we get a better look.

Lets not kid ourselves here, we know you want it;)

Cause I mean look!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.co.uk/2016...play-56th.html

I know I'm getting it, thats for sure.

Am I right in thinking thats a price of 4104yen for MG GM Sniper?
Abit on the hefty side but is def one of the more recent MGs I'd consider getting.

Skye629 2016-09-23 16:03

What im most interested is if the new MG GM Sniper has a new inner frame, the possibilitites for future MG kits could be pretty darn cool.

Gimme MG Pale Rider Bandaiplz

xeviouses 2016-09-24 00:16

Ah the GM Sniper, I can finally die - no wait I can't, I need to build that masterpiece.

Bandaiplz Palerider and the Kestrel.

Sworra 2016-09-25 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5949499)
P-Bandai

Too bad they didnt sell the add on parts separately, they would have had my money then
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JckhOe6Yr...600/ertret.png

Here Sky, they do sell it separately http://genteikits.com/kits/mg-1100-n...expansion-set/

Skye629 2016-09-28 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 5951853)
Here Sky, they do sell it separately http://genteikits.com/kits/mg-1100-n...expansion-set/

Oh wut? Really!? shitttt I need to get that

Already have the Double Fin Funnel add-on

All I need is this HWS and the LEDs

Thnx man

Chibiloli 2016-10-01 22:05

Yeah, does anybody here know when option set 5 comes out? I can't seem to find it on Amazon.

Router25 2016-10-02 00:36

I think it's been released at the same time HG Barbatos Lupus comes out.

Skye629 2016-10-03 02:24

As a note though, even after release date Amazon dont tend to get the item till months later as far as gunpla is concerned, though they do put it up for pre-order so u can reserve item

Believe its coming out this month though

Chibiloli 2016-10-03 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5957220)
As a note though, even after release date Amazon dont tend to get the item till months later as far as gunpla is concerned, though they do put it up for pre-order so u can reserve item

Believe its coming out this month though

Is there a sort of "international" release date for Gunpla? Like how many months would it take to reach say a SEA country? Or is the release date worldwide? If I can'5 find it on Amazon, I might as well try the local Robinsons mall.

Router25 2016-10-03 08:15

From what I remember, there's a preorder for both the Lupus and the weapon set which might arrive some time in November. The shop's in Greenhills.

mangatron 2016-10-03 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Router25 (Post 5957345)
From what I remember, there's a preorder for both the Lupus and the weapon set which might arrive some time in November. The shop's in Greenhills.

One should take their release dates with a grain of salt. My Gyancelot pre-order, with an availability of September, behind everyone else, is still nowhere to be found. Meanwhile Lazada's Toytown had Gyancelot, sold out, had it again, wouldn't be surprised if it's sold out again. Too bad I can't cancel my pre-order. It was my first time pre-ordering, now it will be my last :/