AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Halo 2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13202)

GungFuFury 2004-05-07 11:38

Halo 2

Anyone else drooling over the thought of all the weapons and vehicles and multiplayer madness that this heavenly game is going to bring to us?! I mean... come on... Halo imo is the best game EVER... i got it when it first came out and i STILL play it especially online... its like a drug... but the only thing that will keep me from getting it right away is the fact that once i do... i can say goodbye to my GPA cause it would take over my life completely... i know... its sad.. :uhoh: but oh so true...haha :heh: by the way... does anyone know the date when this is coming out? im at work and cant get on any videogame sites :( also... please post anything u might know about the game or even the first game that anyone else might not know of yet... :)

FYI if u play in bloodgultch u can take a warthog and have it facing either base... then take a grenade and throw it under the warthog and as soon as it blows up... fire a rocket with a rocketlauncher under the warthog and it will send that warthog flying over and on top of the base and then u have an instant gun turret on top of that base... extremely fun to do on someone elses base and shoot them from there... haha :heh:

SwiftStar 2004-05-07 12:09

It will probably be out in time for what I like to call gaming season (Sept-Dec). EB says September on their website. I am guessing probably September or October. I know that the multiplayer Spartan models will feature damage. That's all I really know about it. I have been purposely ignoring it as much as I can because I dont want to die from anticipation. I know I will probably get no sleep that night though.

Oblodra 2004-05-08 09:35

halo 2... halflife 2... doom 3... arrgh³...

Village Idiot 2004-05-08 13:07

and with Half-Life 2 comes Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike 2...

And Halo 2 comes Red vs Blue 2 :)

SPINAL-BRAIN 2004-05-08 13:25

Only thing I could say about Halo 2 is that it will revolutionized the way you used to play games while you were sitting on your grandma's lap. Not only I am talking about the offline (single/multiplayer) but as well as the online. Except Half Life 2, may be! God I cannot wait any longer for this game... :cool:

P.S. Anyone playing online right now? Let me know which server you are connected to! Cheers.

kagetsu 2004-05-08 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Village Idiot
and with Half-Life 2 comes Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike 2...

And Halo 2 comes Red vs Blue 2 :)

Wouldn't that be season 2 which is already out.

Seriously I just want HL2 and Doom 3, those will be up there with best games of all time. Plus will finally see some games pushing graphics to what games should be for next generation and hopefully start spurting more games like them (graphics wise) with the popularity of the engines being licensed.

Oblodra 2004-05-08 22:11

i just wish theres more nice rpg games, cos all game companies r focused on making first person shooters... i mean, theres this company that wants to buy fallout 3's license, and make it into an fps!!! if u havnt heard of the fallout series, fallout and fallout 2 were the best rpg games of their year, and people playing it now still love it.
knights of the old republic is a step in the right direction =)

MwyC 2004-05-09 00:14

true there are a glut of fps games right now, but i can count all the good ones with the fingers on one hand
and ill have leftover fingers

any rpg with the level of fredom offered by the fallout series automatically makes it great in my books
the only thing i didnt like about F2 was the lame-ish first bit

Sid_Burn 2004-05-09 04:01

Can any1 here tell me the release dates of the ff. games...
>Halo2 (P.C)
>HL2
>Doom3
Help will be appreciated...

kagetsu 2004-05-09 04:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Can any1 here tell me the release dates of the ff. games...
>Halo2 (P.C)
>HL2
>Doom3
Help will be appreciated...

Nothing has been said officially about any of the games dates except fall of 2004 for all of them. Your probaly gonna see Halo 2 come out around xbox's birthday. Half life 2 around the same time. Which by the way is november. And doom 3 maybe some time before it but all gaming outlets have different pre order release dates for it going from june to august. Basically not for a few months and your sure to hear alot of news about it when its gone gold.

GungFuFury 2004-05-10 13:54

anyone else playing Halo online currently? it would be nice to play against some of ya guys on xbconnect :)

Oblodra 2004-05-10 18:57

ooh yea. EVERYONE hated fallout 2's opening. i can cross the temple with my eyes closed, AND kill every ant and scorpion in the process... AND disarm all the traps too... you could try baldurs gate. not icewind dale, though. baldur's gate focuses more on wat i call "townish quests" while icewind dale IS the dungeon crawler.

sid_burn, nobody knows. in fact, ppl r setting up bets to see when it comes out, and bets to see if it will be delayed again. :heh:

kagetsu 2004-05-11 14:10

Hey microsoft has just announced that November 9th will be the release date for Halo 2 if anyone is interested.

http://www.xbox365.com/news/news.cgi...xt_zc_template

Sid_Burn 2004-05-13 03:41

Well... i've read in a PCGamer magazine that HL2 is due to be released on Sep. 2003... well its now 2004... anyway wat HL2 you guys mean... is it HL2 for P.C or PS2 or Xbox!?...

Nobody knows the exact release date of Halo2 (PC)... oh hell...

kagetsu 2004-05-13 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Well... i've read in a PCGamer magazine that HL2 is due to be released on Sep. 2003... well its now 2004... anyway wat HL2 you guys mean... is it HL2 for P.C or PS2 or Xbox!?...

Nobody knows the exact release date of Halo2 (PC)... oh hell...

It was for Sept 2003 a long time ago when they were suppose to release it with the 9800XT and then all of a sudden right before release the code got stolen and to everyones viewing the game wasn't even close to being done. Also Half Life 2 is coming out for PC and xbox, first on the PC and then xbox probably in 2005 since microsoft said Doom 3 won't be out on xbox till next year so I'm sure theres no rush for either since PC is where the game really shines. Nobody evens know anything about a PC Halo 2 also as of yet cause nothing has been really said about it. Probably like the first one it'll be better on the xbox also.

a_nevels666 2004-05-13 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblodra
ooh yea. EVERYONE hated fallout 2's opening. i can cross the temple with my eyes closed, AND kill every ant and scorpion in the process... AND disarm all the traps too... you could try baldurs gate. not icewind dale, though. baldur's gate focuses more on wat i call "townish quests" while icewind dale IS the dungeon crawler.

sid_burn, nobody knows. in fact, ppl r setting up bets to see when it comes out, and bets to see if it will be delayed again. :heh:

Planescape Torment is great too, (RPG, by the same creators) it also focused more on talking to NPCs and such instead of dungeon crawling.

Oblodra 2004-05-13 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Planescape Torment is great too, (RPG, by the same creators) it also focused more on talking to NPCs and such instead of dungeon crawling.

dont tell me about it. its nonexistent now. no shop in the world has it, ebay dont have it, and the only place u can buy it from is from your most irritating classmate who happens to be ur enemy... its that rare. oh, seriously, though. my friend has it. he happens to be on another continenet now... wonder if i can persuade him to fedex me the game?

about hl2, kagetsu basically said the whole story, but its whispered in forums that valve could be faking the whole incident... forgot why -_-"

Sid_Burn 2004-05-14 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagetsu
Nobody evens know anything about a PC Halo 2 also as of yet cause nothing has been really said about it. Probably like the first one it'll be better on the xbox also.

Dammit!... there will be no Halo2 for PC!?..., I guess I have to rely on my Xbox emulator...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblodra
but its whispered in forums that valve could be faking the whole incident... forgot why -_-"

Hmmm... you are probably correct... maybe they just want to surprise the gamers bec. it will have more features... that's y they've extended the release date... I guess...

HK anime seeker 2004-05-14 06:31

Just feel like asking this question. Do you perfer Halo on the computer or the Xbox?

Personaly, I like it on te computer because I have a mounse. It means that I can sudenly turn around and its alot easier to aim. But i'm bias :hmm: Because I've never played it on the Xbox. :(

Sid_Burn 2004-05-14 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK anime seeker
Just feel like asking this question. Do you perfer Halo on the computer or the Xbox?

Personaly, I like it on te computer because I have a mounse. It means that I can sudenly turn around and its alot easier to aim. But i'm bias :hmm: Because I've never played it on the Xbox. :(

Ha! im w/ you... that's the reason why I expect a Halo2 for PC... bec. it will look much nicer if you play it on a PC..., just like Halo did...