AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Angel Beats! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Angel Beats! - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92999)

Pellissier 2010-04-14 09:36

Angel Beats! - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Angel Beats!, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Dextro 2010-04-14 17:26

I guess I'll try to jump start the discussion a bit: I thought that the first episode felt a bit off. The pacing wasn't quite right as they tried to present us with the scenario and the characters while trying to establish the show as a comedy.

The end result was me getting completely lost when the characters names were being presented and the jokes coming out a lot worse than they were meant to.

Still I ain't one to give up on a show on the first episode and this has Key and Jun Maeda behind it so I can't but help give it a chance. Also Lia is doing the OP and I've really enjoyed her work so far so I'm eagerly anticipating that (pity we have to wait till the end of May for the single).

Kyero Fox 2010-04-15 12:02

so this anime is about girls with guns... little girls i might add, I hope their not NORMAL. if they are, I'll prob skip this one too.

Haak 2010-04-15 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 3005153)
so this anime is about girls with guns... little girls i might add, I hope their not NORMAL. if they are, I'll prob skip this one too.

Erm...I think you've got entirely the wrong impression, here.

Just...watch the first episode....

Uchiha Soul 2010-04-15 18:52

i loved the first ep .. it was funny :p

gonna watch the 2nd

Himeji 2010-04-16 20:58

8 out of 10 : Very Good

Very enjoyable, but not epic (at least not yet ;))

Takeuchi 2010-04-16 21:01

It wasn't enough to copy Haruhi's appearance, the girl acts like her too. I don't know what's going on with this anime but it looks interesting so I'll watch.

Roloko vi Britannia 2010-04-19 20:50

Its nice so far I give it a 8/10 pretty funny and nice art too

Crontica 2010-04-23 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeuchi (Post 3007190)
It wasn't enough to copy Haruhi's appearance, the girl acts like her too. I don't know what's going on with this anime but it looks interesting so I'll watch.

Just imagine her as a Haruhi that got the interesting life she wanted.. at a harsh price >_o

Marcus H. 2010-04-24 02:23

Just picked up this series after having a drought at my Watching List on MAL. :heh:

My first impression is that Angel is similar to a GM (or Game Master) in an MMORPG with totally few players and lots and lots of NPCs. And SSS doesn't like being bossed around by a total stranger such as Angel so they formed a group which aims to overthrow her.

On the first moments of the first episode, I thought it would be similar to a slice of life slash action series. But I saw Key and has some hunches about it being a more serious story.

Effects are very good, but the story? Yeah, I think they shoved too many genres in one episode.

Rating for first ep: 8/10.

Mikoto Misaka 2010-04-27 11:16

P.A works seems to be good at drawing battle scenes. I love also CANAAN:)

risingstar3110 2010-04-28 12:18

Wow! It was a long while since last time when i definitely have to rate an episode 10/10.
If it's an 10.0/10 for Episode 1. Probably would be since Haruhi

Hope i won't be disappointed as the show process ( it's too good to be truth through)

SkyFlames 2011-03-01 22:10

My head just got in a mess after it... Got to stop a lot of times to assimilate the plot of the anime and don't get lose. And STILL, after watching it I still didn't got it completely clearly what was going on :p

Hooves 2011-03-01 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyFlames (Post 3512540)
My head just got in a mess after it... Got to stop a lot of times to assimilate the plot of the anime and don't get lose. And STILL, after watching it I still didn't got it completely clearly what was going on :p

Are you just starting out Angel Beats? Or is this a rewatch? :heh: well to make it simple.

Male lead is dead - he meets the supposed leader of the SSS Yuri - He disbelief the idea that he is dead, and that the girl that Yuri is pointing a rifle towards is an angel so he goes to talk to her - This is his own fault, but he asks for proof that he is dead, so the girl stabs him revealing her powers - after seeing those powers, the male lead recovers from it and gets a clearer view of the situation he is in, and now lives in a place where the world is like a computer game, where the people that are actually alive are joining the SSS. While those people who are around the school are merely NPCs programed by "God" to try to get people to fit into a school environment to fulfill their lives of school. The girl Yuri was pointing a rifle towards "Angel" an agent of "God" said to be brought down to make sure people fulfill these lives..

Wait did I go too far?

SkyFlames 2011-03-01 22:17

Oh I actually got it in the 3rd episode, I just said that after ending this for first time I didn't get the full picture. And yeah, it's the first time I watch it, kinda trying to don't consume all the episodes in a week and rush into the final as I always do :p