AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   [Game] Umineko - Spoilers, Theories, Interpretations (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83581)

Nyura Kousen 2009-08-05 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukito (Post 2559605)
But who is the extra person then? My guess would be Nanjo, as there were some hints in EP3 for him not being there even when we could see him. Also his death in EP3 was a bit too strange. Unfortunately we have many red truths about Nanjo that contradict with him not being on Rokkenjima. But what if, and this is where I try to desperately save my theory from falling to pieces (:D), what if there is someone else called Nanjo among the 16 people? After all, we still don't know Kanon's real name or Shannon's family name. Yeah, I guess that's a bit too far fetched.

In my opinion, there's no need to remove another person. Because there are 17 in the island, yes, but I think Battler is a player.

yukito 2009-08-05 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyura Kousen (Post 2560662)
In my opinion, there's no need to remove another person. Because there are 17 in the island, yes, but I think Battler is a player.

Meta-Battler is a player, but the Battler on Rokkenjima must be a piece. In fact I think Battler must be the white queen (;)), because defeating him (making him believe) is the condition for winning.

metronome 2009-08-05 09:46

Hardly wait for the release of Ep 5
How long should we wait?

Ttak 2009-08-05 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukito (Post 2560791)
In fact I think Battler must be the white queen (;)), because defeating him (making him believe) is the condition for winning.

You mean white king, no? :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by metronome (Post 2560799)
Hardly wait for the release of Ep 5
How long should we wait?

It will be launched on the next Comiket, 15th of august.

metronome 2009-08-05 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttak (Post 2560809)
It will be launched on the next Comiket, 15th of august.

10 days more! goodness:D. it feels long, especially during summer. (damn my summer courses:P)

Ithekro 2009-08-05 11:34

If the 17 people are considered chess pieces, than one of them is the black king (culprit) while the rest are Battler's white pieces.

Unless we and Battler have it wrong. In which case, perhaps some of the 17 are black pieces and some are white pieces and the Meta characters fill in the remaining gaps in each side, with Beatrice and Meta-Battler as the players...unless the players are actually Bern and Lambda.

Keriaku 2009-08-05 11:36

I personally think we will keep having less people than we think until they actually say exactly how many people we have in red.
Since there must be a reason they keep insisting on having <X people.

Jan-Poo 2009-08-05 11:59

in my opinion it's just because dead people do not count as people.

If you think about it, considering that in ep1 the identity of every unidentified corpse is confirmed, then that body in the boiler room is definitely Kinzo. It is also said that there are no body doubles. So if we make a sum of people alive and people dead we get 18 which is denied by the red truth that states there's 17 or less people.

That means dead people do not count on the limit, and that also means that everytime someone dies the number of people on the island decreases. For that reason it is impossible for Beatrice to say that there are "X" people on the island in every game, because the exact number is variable.

LyricalAura 2009-08-05 13:04

Even better, once somebody dies, additional people could come from outside the island and fill in the gaps, like our supposed shipwreck victim. There could be all kinds of extra people as long as the hard limit of 17 living humans isn't exceeded at any given moment. In the worst case, somebody could get sniped from offshore during the first twilight and a special ops team could land or something.

Used Can 2009-08-05 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 2560965)
unless the players are actually Bern and Lambda.

I thought that's how it was after episode 4. Beato doesn't really want to win, and in fact, she's being used by Lambda. Battler is also being used by Bern, somehow. I guess if we're going by chess pieces, both of them would be the black and white kings respectively.

momobunny 2009-08-05 13:28

This may be stupid. But I remember reading about different ways to play Chess.

Quote:

Armageddon: a single game guaranteed to produce a result, because Black has draw odds (that is, for Black, a draw is equal to a victory). To compensate, White has more time on the clock.
If it really is Lambda and Bern playing against each other, then it would make sense for Lambda to be on the black side since she wishes for an eternal draw. Though, the "single game" and "What has more time" parts are a little hard for me to explain.

Unless the rule translates to:
Bernkastel can affect the game board using outside sources.
Lambdadelta is limited to affecting the game board only inside of the game board.


This might explain how Bernkastel gets Ange into the game... but once again, I'm probably way off.

yukito 2009-08-05 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttak (Post 2560809)
You mean white king, no? :p

Haha, what was I thinking. :uhoh:

Graskell 2009-08-05 18:57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B0IqPjNXaY

Preview for ep5's motion graphic. No don't ask me how this is even possible, I'm still wondering that myself. Probably my one of my favorite songs out of the series if this clip is anything to go by.

Marion 2009-08-05 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graskell (Post 2561751)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B0IqPjNXaY

Preview for ep5's motion graphic. No don't ask me how this is even possible, I'm still wondering that myself. Probably my one of my favorite songs out of the series if this clip is anything to go by.

This motion graphic is just the first four molded into one with new art. No EP 5 spoilers and what not - considering they're releasing this at C76, where EP 5 will also be released, it's impossible for them to make it so fast.

gtr06 2009-08-05 20:31

Chess has 16 pieces, there should only truly be 16 people on the island.
Should we guess who's playing double?

Ithekro 2009-08-05 20:51

Who is to say one (or more) of them aren't playing for the other side? There are 16 pieces...per side, in chess.

metronome 2009-08-05 20:53

interesting theory
17 pieces, 16 pieces on the white side, and another 1 black piece that looks like white (while actually is black) and its other 15 black side hidden somewhere:P. You could say ronove, gaap, 7 stakes, including that goldsmith etc are the black piece as the counterpart of the white side.

well, bernkastel is not that good either, so she may be is one of the 2 chess player.
you guys are really creative ~~

if this umineko follows higurashi patterns, we gonna soon see that beatrice may not actually bad, like that oyashiro-sama from higurashi. people just use her and oyashiro for excuse of everything.

Mikachiru 2009-08-05 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 2561939)
who is to say one (or more) of them aren't playing for the other side? There are 16 pieces...per side, in chess.

I would consider Maria on the black side since she's all for witches and magic. And whether Kinzo is alive or not doesn't matter b/c he would be on Beato's side. That makes 16 for the white side.

gtr06 2009-08-05 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by metronome (Post 2561941)
interesting theory
17 pieces, 16 pieces on the white side, and another 1 black piece that looks like white (while actually is black) and its other 15 black side hidden somewhere:P. You could say ronove, gaap, 7 stakes, including that goldsmith etc are the black piece as the counterpart of the white side.

well, bernkastel is not that good either, so she may be is one of the 2 chess player.
you guys are really creative ~~

if this umineko follows higurashi patterns, we gonna soon see that beatrice may not actually bad, like that oyashiro-sama from higurashi. people just use her and oyashiro for excuse of everything.

I believe Beatrice was saying something about chess. I'm assuming she was talking about (if the humans were black pawns) black pieces being over black squares thus hiding themselves amongst each other.

Azure Flane 2009-08-05 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teletha (Post 2548118)
if you still want it, a summary was posted on the Umineko community @ LJ

http://twin-dreamers.livejournal.com/5948.html

It's not all that relevant at all, but it's pretty adorable. :blush:

What is this "White Day" that's being referred to? I browsed over the translation, but I was wondering how it fits into the Umineko story line. Is it a side story or something in Episode 5?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.