AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sports & Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II (July 2011) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104973)

PopeAlessandros 2011-07-19 06:44

I'm going to go see this one soon, but from watching the first one? Not expecting too much....

Chiibi 2011-07-19 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa547 (Post 3695717)
This flick is currently 97% on RottenTomatoes.

Book-to-movie adaptations will inevitably result in changes to make it much different from the original. So I'm not surprised about the complaints coming from hardcore fans, just like what happened with the adaptations of other books such as LOTR, A Time to Kill, Da Vinci Code, Christine, etc.

I can see that and understand it....but the thing with me is, SO MUCH happens in books that I can never remember it all. So if they make small changes, unless I read the book VERY recently, chances are, I won't even notice....:heh:

*ADD person* :eyespin:

Asuras 2011-07-19 17:02

At least it wasn't another Eragon. :rolleyes:

HasuMasu 2011-07-20 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asuras (Post 3696670)
At least it wasn't another Eragon. :rolleyes:

b-but i like eragon :eek:

sa547 2011-07-20 06:38

Watched it today, and it was all right. Understanding that changes have been made to the storyline to fit it within an economically feasible amount of time, some parts have been omitted, but otherwise the film was enjoyable.

Spoiler:

Lilith 2011-07-22 15:52

*ahems*

As my birthday's treat, I finally watched ti today and it was GRAND. I absolutely lovedlovedloved Alan Rickman's performance as Snape. Snape's backstory made me weep (seriously). I so wanna a prequel about Snape, Lily and James. >_<

And the epilouge made me weep, too. It was so... bitter sweet.

Since I didn't read the books, some parts felt REALLY disjointed:
1) For a second I didn't even recognize the house and Weasly eldest brother
2) Dumbledore's brother and sister??
3) Luna was with them at the house, then she's at school...
4) The DEATHS!! Just showed their corpses, like that...
5) The romance was so... argh. Ron and Her's kiss made us GIGGLE. Ginny was like so stiff. And since when Nivelle had a thing for Luna?!

Overall... I think it's a nice conclusion for a wonderful story. I'm gonna start reading the books. :D

solidguy 2011-07-22 18:52

really enjoyed the ending of such a fantastic series, particularly the epilogue. Hermione is a MILF!

tomtkp 2011-07-23 08:54

Just watched the movie yesterday.It was pretty enjoyable to me than the Part 1 of The Deathly Hallows.
Surely there are changes to some scenes compared to the novel,but I prefered the novel version of final fight between Harry and Voldemort,especially in the second round.
Spoiler for the second round of final fight between Harry and Voldemort in novel:

Alchemist007 2011-07-23 14:39

I would so watch this:

Spoiler for size:

james0246 2011-07-23 15:17

^Dobby looks pretty weird, otherwise great pic.

Lilith 2011-07-23 15:26

LOL @ Dobby comment.

Seems the same artist of this fanart (posted in the thread of Part1). Don't know them, but I really like their work!

Xion Valkyrie 2011-07-23 18:50

^ Snape is waaaay too good looking. Actually, everyone is just way too good looking.

Xagzan 2011-07-23 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist007 (Post 3701163)
I would so watch this:

Spoiler for size:

That is an epic picture. Jeez, Bellatrix is definitely my favorite there ;)

I finally saw it today, it was about as good as the movies generally were. I even think they handled the epilogue nicely. And Alan Rickman's performance was just the biggest treat to watch.

As was Emma Watson :love:

Mr Hat and Clogs 2011-07-24 02:28

I enjoyed it, as a movie series it was quite good. I've read the books, so there were some things I'd have liked to see in there but can't win em all. As it was I liked it, except.. the ending did seem a little anti-climatic. I'd almost have preferred not to have the epilogue. I guess it was kinda sweet though. I was kinda hoping for a little more.. punch.

Yeah, Alan Rickman was great

amyotaku 2011-07-24 03:12

It's so short and lacks fighting scenes, For instance Voldemort and Harry part. Bellatrix and Ginny's mother. She killer her easily.

Tenken's Smile 2011-07-25 22:07

SPOILER:

The scene when Draco tries to save Goyle from fiend fire is, to me, one of the most memorable scenes in HP, but it isn't even in the movie.

THE PRINCE'S TALE - the best and most powerful moment of the entire series - is inadequately done.

In the book, Harry takes Snape's "neither-gas-nor-liquid" substance into a flask; in the movie, Snape asks Harry to take his tears (?!)

They could at least have zoomed in on Harry's eyes at this moment...

"Look... at... me..." is still there, but is followed by "You have your mother's eyes", then Snape dies looking AWAY from Harry's eyes.

In the book, the snake bites Snape once but the movie kinda let it eat Snape alive (5 bites!)

James Potter was barely in the flashback.

Harry's eyes are blue (in the film) but somehow they managed to cast a brown-eyed Lily. Good job!

And where's the "Mudblood!" scene?????

And where's...

... "I'm sorry."
"Not interested."
"I'm sorry."
"Save your breath."
???

The final showdown:

- Neville's supposed to draw the Sword of Gryffindor from the Hat and slice the snake on the spot. The movie let the snake play around with Ron & Hermione for a while...

- Harry and Voldy were supposed to "circle each other" instead of chasing and falling down "hugging" (or it seems to me) each other.

The epilogue:
- Why cut out Teddy Lupin?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

One more:

At King's Cross, Harry was supposed to be 100% naked. But I wouldn't mind how it's done in the movie =))
Also at King's Cross, Harry asks Dumbledore, "My mother's patronus was a doe and so was Snape's, don't you find that curious?"
So he didn't get anything out of the Pensieve, how disappointed!

I was angry mostly because I was looking forward to THE PRINCE'S TALE the most. But what was I excited for? Look at all the things they invented which were not in the book. The movie drags on UNimportant scenes/details and skips really important ones. When they make changes like those, it makes me think they haven't even understood the books.

The only thing that was good was the ACTING:
Alan Rickman's performance was impeccable, as always; he deserves an Oscar.
Daniel's performance at the scene of Snape's death was very moving.
Dumbledore's satisfactory.
Young Snape, Albus Severus and James were cute :D
The music was nice, too.

So I give it 5/10.

RadiantBeam 2011-07-25 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile (Post 3703868)
James Potter was barely in the flashback.

Considering how much material they had to cover to show the friendship between Snape and Lily (without the benefit of the Mudblood flashback way back in Order of the Phoenix), it's understandable that James wasn't involved much in the flashback. They had enough to worry about focusing on only two characters.

Yui Is My Wife 2011-07-26 13:35

The ending:
Spoiler:

Alchemist007 2011-07-26 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife (Post 3704567)
The ending:
Spoiler:

I was more at odds with their internal compatibilities than their physical appearance together.

cheyannew 2011-07-27 12:53

Hehehe... Dang I have to spoiler this!
Spoiler for Just IMO:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife (Post 3704567)
The ending:
Spoiler: