AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Genshin Impact (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=155967)

Berzerker250 2020-10-19 11:07

Genshin Impact

I’ve been playing Genshin Impact for sometime now, and the game is just amazing. There are a lot of hidden chests all around the map with amazing loots, I actually found a couple of videos that showed amazing hidden chest that I honestly would’nt have found on my own.

[*SNIP*]

AnimeFangirl 2020-11-06 05:13

I've been meaning to try Genshin Impact. What's great about it apart from the chests and loot?

GDB 2020-11-06 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl (Post 6446532)
I've been meaning to try Genshin Impact. What's great about it apart from the chests and loot?

It's basically Breath of the Wild with waifus and no weapon durability.

Eisdrache 2020-11-06 07:48

Opinions are divided based on what aspect you're looking at:

Pros: The world is beautiful with tons of exploration, puzzles and secrets all over the place. So far only two out of seven areas are released but they are already very large. If the other five are even close in size then we're looking at a truly gigantic map. There is a good number of quests and a fairly linear progression system called Adventure Rank that increases the level of enemies every five ranks. Enemies drop rarer loot on higher levels so this is generally to your advantage unless you're severely underleveled. There are also a lot of interactable NPC and some might even give you some unexpected help or quests.

Cons: The game has a stamina system called Resin. Currently it is limited to 120, regenerating at a rate of 1 resin per 8 minutes. Apparently in one of the next patches that maximum is going up to 160. However you need Resin to claim many of the important drops. There are small dungeons that drop either artifacts (equipment), talent upgrade material, weapon upgrade material or bosses that drop ascension (every 10 levels you need to ascend each character) materials. Dungeons require 20 resin and bosses 40. You are blocked in progression very hard by simply not having enough resin to get all the materials that you need. There are two bosses that you can do once a week and they drop their individual loot that is required for higher stages of talents/ascension. Said loot is rare and might not drop at all.

On top of that it is basically impossible to play with more than your first party (4 people) because you'd need to gear all of them which is again blocked by resin as well as experience. Monsters in the overworld drop absolutely pityful amounts of experience. Most experience comes from books that you get from Leylines. Guess what? Leylines need 20 resin to claim rewards.

One of the major grievances is the gacha system. Genshin has banners similar to other games. Every 10 pulls you are guaranteed a 4* and every 90 pulls a 5* with a special system that you have a 50/50 chance to get a featured unit (or weapon) the first time with a guaranteed featured unit/weapon if you didn't get it the first time. That said the rate for a 5* is 0.6% which is about as trash as you can imagine. In the honeymoon phase of the game if you did a quick search on youtube you'd get numerous results of people spending thousands of dollars to get the units they want. There is an exchange currency called primogems that you can aquire by opening chests you find in the world and as various rewards for achievements and so on. However these sources are very front-loaded and once you get them they do not come back. Characters have an awakening system called constellation (up to 6 times) and in some cases a lot of their power is locked behind this. The 0.6% rate mentioned above? For full constellation you need to do it seven times.

As a closing remark many of the players who spent a lot of time in the game have discovered all the chests, secrets, quests, etc already and are now asking themselves what exactly is left for them to do. The answer so far is basically just mindlessly running around the map, farming the available resources, keeping their resin from overflowing and I guess logging back out. If you're an endgame player then content is looking pretty barren.

AnimeFangirl 2020-11-06 08:02

In other words, if I let the first two or three patches land first, there will be more content and a higher resin limit?

As for the gacha, there's nothing that can be done about that. As long as people continue to pull, companies will continue to have gacha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 6446534)
It's basically Breath of the Wild with waifus and no weapon durability.

I haven't played Breath of the Wild. Or any Zelda game.

Sheba 2020-11-06 08:36

The gacha system is more ruthless than FGO which says a lot.

AnimeFangirl 2020-11-06 14:35

And FGO is still the most successful gacha game right now, meaning that predatory rates don't actually turn people off.

Sheba 2020-11-06 16:10

To be fair, Fate had brand appeal and loyalty behind it. Mihoyo had the experience gained from their previous games, notably Honkai Impact. This one game have slowly gained a loyal fanbase. It may be one of the few games that plays as advertised. Unlike those like Raid Shadow Legends, State of Survival, etc....

Diluc 2020-11-06 23:54

Welp, since a lot people posted here i think the mod should rename thread as "Genshin Impact" for us to discuss Genshin Impact officially here rather left to die or bother someone create another thread which serve same purpose.

AnimeFangirl 2020-11-07 03:41

Good idea. It's good to have one thread for everything.

GDB 2020-11-08 02:15

I was planning to skip the Childe banner after seeing his leaked info (the cooldowns, specifically), but then I got a better look at Diona.

She's a calico.

Now I must roll, and I'll be sad if I get Childe and not her.

Shadow5YA 2020-11-08 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba (Post 6446626)
To be fair, Fate had brand appeal and loyalty behind it. Mihoyo had the experience gained from their previous games, notably Honkai Impact. This one game have slowly gained a loyal fanbase. It may be one of the few games that plays as advertised. Unlike those like Raid Shadow Legends, State of Survival, etc....

That's not true. The majority of FGO players had no prior Fate or Type Moon experience and this was their entry into the series. There's also some nuance in how the game is designed, where you can argue that it is fairly F2P friendly and clearable, even if you don't get the Servants you wanted.

Diluc 2020-11-09 05:03

Quote:

Baptism of Song Unlocked - Complete a Quest to Get "Shining Idol" Barbara (Hydro)!
Most likely Barbara quest.

I am still waiting for my girl Fischl appear in a quest, there is rumour she will appear in Liyue quest.

AnimeFangirl 2020-11-11 02:46

Is the 1.1 patch live yet?

Diluc 2020-11-11 03:12

It's out now

AnimeFangirl 2020-11-11 03:56

Nice, time to start!

mickbis 2020-11-14 02:40

1.1 end of Geo Archon chapter is very well done
The cinematic is extremely good for a chaptef 1 ending
( Anemo Archon chapter bring just a prologue )
Cannot wait for the Raiden, shogun of Inazuma chapter.

People complain about this bring lqck of content... however if we think of it is another console RPG then it did have a ton to offer

Diluc 2020-11-14 02:59

Well, this is free game so of course there is lack of content :heh:

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/gensh...aks-characters

Some info of update 1.2
I wish Mihoyo will complete every Mondstadt playable characters quest first before Liyue.

AnimeFangirl 2020-11-16 03:12

1.2 sounds good because of the new region to explore.

Diluc 2020-11-16 04:30

Yeah, I can't wait for the update!

Here we have a glimpse of Albedo, the master of Klee and Sucrose
https://progameguides.com/wp-content...er-900x900.jpg

Damn, he is hot.
Diluc get another beauty boys competitor again after Childe and Zhongli.

I swear Genshin Impact has perfect balance collections of hot waifu and husbando this is why they gain very fast popularity than Honkai Impact 3.