AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/ Series FanFiction Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78223)

xris 2009-02-17 17:33

Fate/ Series FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the Fate/stay night FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for Fate/stay night fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun :)

Nerroth 2009-02-17 18:18

Okay!

These are the main works I've been working on so far, regarding Type-Moon fan works:

*A Moment of Truth - a fairly long-ish fic set two or three years after the UBW-Good ending of Fate/Stay Night, this tale introduces Seonac (Jonathan) Ó'Conaill, an Irish magus with the gift (or curse) of telepathy, as his interactions with the victors of the Fifth Grail War lead to a set of events in which things are not quite as they seem...

(I'll be planning to start a follow-up story called Crystal Valley when I get around to it.)

*Fate/Trans Form - another fairly long-ish fic (it's longer than AMoT) hybrid universal stream taking elements from both the Type-Moon and Transformers settings, a dramatic end to the Fifth Heaven's Feel sparks the onset of a new era.

(Eventually, I'll try to work on a follow-up, Fate/Trans Form: The Era of Consequence.)

*M3 - Only one part in this one done up so far, which may or may not be followed up on, it introduces Michael Mackenzie, a Nova Scotian with an unorthodox set of sorcerous abilities, who is sent by Waver Velvet to keep an eye on Fuyuki-shi - but while present, finds that he is drawn into the flow of events to a greater extent than he had realised.

*When Types have Troubles - A rather less than straight-laced one-shot, in which a trouble Gaia gets on the line to talk things over with her fellow Aristoteles...

Oh, and to give an example or two of something I've written up, here are a couple of short pieces I had entered into a short writing competition elsewhere.

Spoiler for Oni:

Spoiler for Priorities:

Paladinoras 2009-02-18 08:38

On the process of making one.

Prolly coincide with the UBW route, about a Japanese mage with a powerful gift of weapon projection and reality marble.

Fights against both Shirou and Archer.

aldw 2009-02-18 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladinoras (Post 2224104)
On the process of making one.

Prolly coincide with the UBW route, about a Japanese mage with a powerful gift of weapon projection and reality marble.

Fights against both Shirou and Archer.

I have a story idea almost ready to go, but I need to play Hollow Ataraxia to fill in the details before I can start. :(

DarkHonour 2009-02-19 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldw (Post 2224526)
I have a story idea almost ready to go, but I need to play Hollow Ataraxia to fill in the details before I can start. :(

All the best. :D

I've just finished fate/hollow ataraxia. I have a story related to it in mind too but I think I'll finish my 1/3 of my story on Fanfiction.net before I do anything about it. :eyespin:

Solafighter 2009-02-20 04:59

Nice! I didnt notice, that there are some fan fictions are out. Is there one, thats about Rin(and Emiya)? :D

Nerroth 2009-02-20 12:13

On one of the Type-Moon fan boards, there is a fiction tracker with info about various works that people have written, or are in the process of writing, if you are interested in taking a look.

DarkHonour 2009-02-20 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solafighter (Post 2227341)
Nice! I didnt notice, that there are some fan fictions are out. Is there one, thats about Rin(and Emiya)? :D

If it's about Rin and Heroic Spirit Emiya, I think there's a livejournal site peppered with tons of fanfiction based on their pairing.

Spoiler for Rin X Emiya/Archer fanfic site URL:

RadiantBeam 2009-02-23 20:47

So, um... hi.

Anyway, I know this is kind of... deserted, but I felt I should try posting this here anyway, just for reactions. I'm not completely done with it yet, but I'm almost past the halfway point and I'd enjoy some feedback so I can fix any mistakes/characterization/whatever.

As a note, I'm only familiar with the anime and manga of Fate/Stay Night. I know of the game through Wikipedia, and that's it.

Spoiler for Five Times Saber Didn't Kiss Shirou (incomplete):

After scenario 4, I only have one more "when she didn't kiss him" scenario and the one "when she did kiss him" scenario.

So what do you think? :heh:

Yu Ominae 2009-02-24 21:24

I like it.

Blank-Mage 2009-03-01 05:32

This may be one of the saddest examples of fan fiction out there, but I was (...am...) planning a Sonic sprite flash based on Fate UBW. I happened to play Sonic Rush and F/SN at the same time, now I can't help but think of Blaze the Cat as Saber. Just thought I'd put that out here...

denice25 2009-03-01 07:45

Thanks for posting....

RadiantBeam 2009-03-01 12:42

So I finished the last two "Saber didn't kiss Shirou" scenarios and am currently chipping away at the one time she did. Here's the whole thing, plus those two and the incomplete sixth one, which is causing me brain damage. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to tackle it, I'm rather stuck at the moment.

Spoiler for Five Times Saber Didn't Kiss Shirou (one more scenario to go):

Okay, yes, I used the dub dialogue for the fifth scenario and for Bedivere's final quote to Saber. It's basically the same either way, so I didn't think it was a big deal. The dub is actually quite good.

Yu Ominae 2009-03-06 20:32

I dig the sixth one. Has some WAFFY feelings.

ShinMasaki 2009-03-08 23:26

Work in progress on one. A work following after the true UBW ending. Not posting anything online till I at least have 5-6 chapters done. I have a bad habit of dropping stories in the intro and leave my fans hanging.

RadiantBeam 2009-03-29 20:41

So here's a piece that I started today and finished in about an hour or so, and posted on Fanfiction.net immediately after. Basically me just playing around with a few "what if" scenarios that could have drastically changed the events of the Holy Grail War and the characters in it.

Spoiler for Rewind:

... Meh.

Spoiler for Author's Ramblings and Notes:

FF.net link, for those interested in leaving a review: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4956479/1/Rewind

Nerroth 2009-04-23 17:15

Finished my F/TF fic!

Phew.

Deus_Ex_Obscurum 2009-05-09 03:42

*Caramelladansen's*

Woot! Go RadiantBeam! Never read that first fic of yours before, the five kisses one.

Very sweet. Would actually be good to see it animated. I'm just snickering at the thought of Saber saying "I blame the voices in my head."

*Cackles*

Hyperion 2009-06-11 00:31

I've looked on FanFiction.net, and only found a couple, but are there more RinxSaber pairing fics?

Deus_Ex_Obscurum 2009-06-19 06:29

There is one I found.

Rin and Shirou go back in time to find Arturia but it seems Arturia doesn't remember anything about the Grail War. Can't recall exactly where but I found it via a google image search somehow. The image was...I believe...Rin and Saber dressed up like old-timey kings or queens.

Really quite fascinating and well done.

Now I have to pose this idea to RadiantBeam, a Rin x Saber. >.>

She's gonna kill me.