AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kami nomi/TWGOK (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Kami nomi/TWGOK - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98479)

relentlessflame 2010-10-23 06:54

Kami nomi/TWGOK - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Kami nomi/TWGOK anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Kami nomi/TWGOK which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

felix 2010-10-23 06:57

What the hell is TWGOK in the title?

Ashaman 2010-10-23 06:59

short for The World God Only Knows, the english title.

Dist 2010-10-23 07:43

To be honest it looks and sounds stupid when you use both like that. Can't you really just fit The World God Only Knows there and leave the japanese out, or the opposite ?

Shiroth 2010-10-23 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3311300)
To be honest it looks and sounds stupid when you use both like that. Can't you really just fit The World God Only Knows there and leave the japanese out, or the opposite ?

Having both names in the title helps people find the series, seeing as though it's both known as The World God Only Knows and Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai. It's best keeping it this way. Doesn't matter if it looks stupid.

larethian 2010-10-24 21:06

erm, where did the other character discussion threads go to?

omimon 2010-10-24 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3313778)

I think this is a good choice to take them out, I mean this series has too many characters if we had one for all of them this thread will be too crowded.

larethian 2010-10-24 23:20

no, you misunderstood. there used to be ayumi discussion thread, which is gone! gasp!

omimon 2010-10-24 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3313932)
no, you misunderstood. there used to be ayumi discussion thread, which is gone! gasp!

No I didn't misunderstand. I knew that they were there I'm just saying its normal that they are gone.

larethian 2010-10-25 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 3313943)
No I didn't misunderstand. I knew that they were there I'm just saying its normal that they are gone.

then you must have meant subforum instead of thread in your above post?:confused:

omimon 2010-10-25 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3313976)
then you must have meant subforum instead of thread in your above post?:confused:

Yea, subforum.

risingstar3110 2010-10-25 00:22

Then where have the posts in those thread gone to ? I thought Ayumi's should go to ep 1 and Mio's to ep 3?

Dist 2010-10-25 09:54

Is there any point to have character discussion for anyone else besides Keima and Elsie, when all the girls will be forgotten after an episode or two, depending on when Keima '' clears the route '' ...

MeoTwister5 2010-10-25 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3314461)
Is there any point to have character discussion for anyone else besides Keima and Elsie, when all the girls will be forgotten after an episode or two, depending on when Keima '' clears the route '' ...

I could answer this question, but to avoid spoilers, suffice to say they don't simply disappear from the story.

Dist 2010-10-25 22:00

Oh.. Okay... Then I guess it doesn't make sense why the threads disappeared.

I got a question related to the CR thingy, maybe mod can answer : It says you will be banned. Is this ban temporary or permanent ?

pampz21 2010-10-26 05:47

Galge English?

Its about an english galge games for psp!
I wanna try it out,,, but too bad I don't know kanji so idk many stuffs!
Can someone give me the you know wat(cuz of forums rules)...if you have those can you guys PM for L>

Thanks!
I owe you one!

Daniel E. 2010-10-26 06:09

What's the deal with Elsie's name? Why are so many people using different spellings for her name?

I checked the Wiki and her name there is listed as Elsea, whereas Elsie is treated as a cute nick of sorts. However, I have seen people use (in this very same forum, btw) Elsee and Else instead.

Klashikari 2010-10-26 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3313778)

They have been removed because their lack of purpose for the time being (and an indirect spoiler as well), and it would also attract manga readers, potentially blurting manga spoilers at the same time.
They will be back when the situation will call for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel E. (Post 3315725)
What's the deal with Elsie's name? Why are so many people using different spellings for her name?

I checked the Wiki and her name there is listed as Elsea, whereas Elsie is treated as a cute nick of sorts. However, I have seen people use (in this very same forum, btw) Elsee and Else instead.

The problem is that there isn't much -official- material that states an official romaji of her name. Furthermore, Elsee is an actual first name, whereas the other versions aren't, IRCC

Kakkou 2010-10-26 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3315730)
The problem is that there isn't much -official- material that states an official romaji of her name. Furthermore, Elsee is an actual first name, whereas the other versions aren't, IRCC

Her character single cover spells it as Elsie in romanji, I think that should suffice as the true spelling unless future merchandise ends up contradicting it. The only thing still unconfirmed is the spelling of her full name.

risingstar3110 2010-10-26 08:23

Just like Kakkou said, Elsee is the name appeared in Manga since chapter 1(Else is the shorter form). We used that name for hundreds of manga chapters discussion, until her official name come out to be Elsie

Many still have the old habit of calling her Elsee

Daniel E. 2010-10-26 13:11

Thanks for the replies guys. :)

NecocYaotl 2010-10-26 15:41

Flag 73's cover have Elsea as her name. So I think her long name uses Elsea, while her nick is Elsie (based on the site), while Chihiro calls her Ellie.

Klashikari 2010-10-27 06:38

This is exactly the reason why I said there isn't "much" official romaji: unless one romaji has been countlessly used thorough a franchise, it ought to be fine. But rare instances, especially from random goods that cannot be exactly called "official" in its strict sense compared to the manga, are definitely not reliable.

Even authors themselves can screw up big time: heck, it is also likely the author used the real name "elsee" but could only figure its katakana reading, not the romaji reading. So I'm not really giving full credits it should be "Elsea" but that's definitely the "most" official name among all of them.

Seihai 2010-10-27 09:42

Alright, so I just felt like asking, but all the games Keima plays / played are galge and not eroge, right?
Are there even that many galge's out there? 10k heroines, that sounds really hardcore.

Klashikari 2010-10-27 11:17

... eroge is just a label for any kind of software with +18 content. A galge can be an eroge (but for habit sake, people say eroge, naturally talking about a +18 galge).
Considering the setup and the fact Keima is playing on the PSP, they definitely are regular galge.

Although I don't think there are that much on the PSP, there should be that much of galge around (if you factor 5-7 heroines per game).

Xacual 2010-10-27 14:32

A lot of people have commented on the number of galge he said he has played but his world doesn't have to be exactly like our world. I don't think it really counts as a spoiler but in the TWGOK galges are insanely popular in the game industry world wide, compared to real world where they are niche.

Shiroth 2010-10-27 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 3317923)
I don't think it really counts as a spoiler but in the TWGOK galges are insanely popular in the game industry world wide, compared to real world where they are niche.

You really don't know how popular the genre is in Japan, do you? :p

Xacual 2010-10-27 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3318003)
You really don't know how popular the genre is in Japan, do you? :p

No I have no idea, but I said they are a world wide huge genre in TWGOK, compared to real world where it's only mainly Japan and some fans outside.

pampz21 2010-10-27 15:46

well for me Im in the pursuit of happiness in my Otaku life! and God has lead me to play galge and Im still looking for it btw!

But according to my pursuit! its entirely popular in Japan! and other country! cuz theres an american version of dating sims called "The Sims" and it has up to 4 versions right now!

Seihai 2010-10-27 15:59

The Sims can't be compared to a galge. I don't consider it an American version of a 'dating sim' at all to be honest.

Thanks for the answers, though. :)

ImAKami 2010-10-28 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanish (Post 3317479)
Alright, so I just felt like asking, but all the games Keima plays / played are galge and not eroge, right?
Are there even that many galge's out there? 10k heroines, that sounds really hardcore.

Answers:

#1. Galge is really a loose term for any game that features pretty, anime-styled girls. To be technically correct though, you could say Keima plays RSG (Renai/Romantic Simulation Game).

#2. Yes, there are. Given that there are at least 4 "conquerable" characters in a game (Tokimemo 2 had +10), you would only need to play 2500 games... If you count the games from comiket alone.... What is really more hardcore is the insane rate Keima is capturing then...

fukarming 2010-11-03 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAKami (Post 3318830)
Answers:

#1. Galge is really a loose term for any game that features pretty, anime-styled girls. To be technically correct though, you could say Keima plays RSG (Renai/Romantic Simulation Game).

#2. Yes, there are. Given that there are at least 4 "conquerable" characters in a game (Tokimemo 2 had +10), you would only need to play 2500 games... If you count the games from comiket alone.... What is really more hardcore is the insane rate Keima is capturing then...

Besides Keima's definition of galge is broader than what most of us think. He goes to a batting cage continuously just because the digital announcer is an anime girl character. Keima definitely plays more than just romantic simulation game.

One of the chapters in the manga Keima is debating inside his head of the definition of galge.

zato_1one 2010-11-03 16:59

How many episodes of the series? I heard that there is already a plan for season 2. Is it true?

Kotohono 2010-11-03 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by zato_1one (Post 3330252)
How many episodes of the series? I heard that there is already a plan for season 2. Is it true?

13 episodes in this cour I believe, then a second season is planned to be aired in spring 2011.

Bombo 2010-11-07 07:49

From manga
Spoiler for S1:

Seihai 2010-11-07 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombo (Post 3335409)
From manga
Spoiler for S1:

Unconfirmed. Some people say it's easy to have her fit in these 13 episodes, others say it's unlikely. I'm personally leaning towards the latter but hey, I would be happy if I was wrong.

shibakun 2010-11-18 09:45

Please help, question on story.

Since there is no thread to ask for questions, I thought of just asking my question here.

So based from what I understand, Keima is tasked to 'capture' these loose souls , correct? Let's say in Konan's arc, Kanon has/is? a loose soul. Does this mean when Keima 'captures' the loose soul, Kanon disappears in real life?

Sorry I'm kinda lost in the agenda of the story.

Is this the gist of the hero's actions?
-----------------------------------------------
Keima looks for loose soul > Purge soul (satisfy what it is looking for) > soul passes on to the other world > Human containing the soul (in this episode it's Kanon) continues on with life / or is human container already 'dead' but just came back to satisfy what it was looking for (in Kanon's case, popularity and recognition)?

If anyone can please shed some light on this. I'm really lost on the hero's agenda and the sequence of events in capturing a soul.

Sackett 2010-11-18 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibakun (Post 3351420)
Since there is no thread to ask for questions, I thought of just asking my question here.

So based from what I understand, Keima is tasked to 'capture' these loose souls , correct? Let's say in Konan's arc, Kanon has/is? a loose soul. Does this mean when Keima 'captures' the loose soul, Kanon disappears in real life?

Keima looks for loose soul > Purge soul (satisfy what it is looking for) > soul passes on to the other world > Human containing the soul (in this episode it's Kanon) continues on with life / or is human container already 'dead' but just came back to satisfy what it was looking for (in Kanon's case, popularity and recognition)?

If anyone can please shed some light on this. I'm really lost on the hero's agenda and the sequence of events in capturing a soul.

No. You got it wrong. You might want to watch the first episode again, but here is the summary of what we know so far:

There are "loose souls" (ie evil spirits) that have escaped from Hell. They then find girls with "a gap in their heart" which allows them to enter the girl and hide in her.
Spoiler for Why only girls? Not a plot spoiler, but extra info that hasn't been mentioned in the anime:

Elsie is tasked with recovering them. She has chosen Keima to help her her as her "human buddy". His task is to fill up the gap in the girls heart so that the evil spirit is forced out and Elsie can capture them. Keima fills the gap by making the girl fall in love with him.

Sigsig 2010-11-18 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibakun (Post 3351420)

A loose soul is essentially an 'evil demon'. So the good demon (eg. Elsie) are tasked to catch these evil demons. So the process is like this:
Elsie finds loose soul >> Keima takes the place in the girl's heart to drive loose soul out >> Elsie catches loose soul
The process of Keima winning the girl's heart is almost totally (sorry cant elaborate more here) erased, and the girl forgets Keima after the loose soul has been apprehended.
Basically, you're wrong. The loose soul is just like a spirit taking shelter in a girl's heart. "Human containing the soul" will just go on with life, but will forget everything during the time where the person/object takes the loose soul place in her heart

ars89 2010-12-09 21:50

anyone know how many episodes or seasons the anime is?