AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Madan no Ou to Vanadis [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113982)

Belgaesh 2012-08-06 15:02

Madan no Ou to Vanadis [Light Novel]

http://i.imgur.com/0LzEvl.png
Original title: 魔弾の王と戦姫
Author: 川口士 (Tsukasa Kawaguchi)
Illustrator: よし☆ヲ (Yoshi☆Wo)
Publisher: MF Bunko J

Summary by Kira0802: (B-T Forums)
Quote:

In times of war, set in Western Europe, Ellenora Viltaria, is one of the seven Vanadis of Zhcted, leads the war into Brune. There are actually seven Vanadis, named like this because they each received a powerful weapon from the dragon, to reign over 7 territories, each possessing their own. The power of the Vanadis cause dread and fear towards their ennemies because of their power. An earl in the service of the country of Brune, a young archer called Tigre, got a taste of it after he got defeated on the battlefield by Ellen (Ellenora). However, Ellen decided to spare his life after seeing his skills. In exchange, he is asked to serve Ellen...

I started reading this after seeing the summaries of the series by zephyr325 on jCafe. It really is a great series, very fun to read and the heroines are great, like in DxD they don't get as embarrased if seen in compromising positions if compared to other series.

peinmaximus@ 2012-08-06 15:54

hey guys,whom (what girls) is in love with the MC?how many girls the MC have in his harem?
and who speak the vol.1,2,3 and 4 of this LN?

Athena 2012-08-06 16:06

This is extremely good. There's no settings such as strong MC + weak girls or weak MC + strong girls here. No annoying X wants to protect Y or what. There are no real girl that you can hate on. This is a novel based on action, strategy, fantasy and romance, though the latter occupies a reasonable place in the novel.

IMO, I like this better than Blade Dance or Dragonar.

(P-S: Typo. Madan, not "madam".

Kleeyook 2012-08-06 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ (Post 4292926)
hey guys,whom (what girls) is in love with the MC?how many girls the MC have in his harem?
and who speak the vol.1,2,3 and 4 of this LN?

Again?

Well, there are 2 girls who seem to be openly in love with Tigre. The cover girls for vol. 1-2.

The rest are... well, they'll become Tigre's harem members soon.

n0m@n 2012-08-06 17:30

Well, volume 5 cover is also out.

http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/book_detail/886

It will be released on 24th of August.

Another busty girl on the cover. She looks hawt.

PS. Volume 5 will be the end of first arc of Madan no Ou

Belgaesh 2012-08-06 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athena (Post 4292942)
This is extremely good. There's no settings such as strong MC + weak girls or weak MC + strong girls here. No annoying X wants to protect Y or what. There are no real girl that you can hate on. This is a novel based on action, strategy, fantasy and romance, though the latter occupies a reasonable place in the novel.

IMO, I like this better than Blade Dance or Dragonar.

(P-S: Typo. Madan, not "madam".

Fixed the typo, actually rf did it. And added that this thread is about the light novel only, there is a manga but there isn't a thread for it yet.

SoFarGone 2012-08-06 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleeyook (Post 4292945)
Again?

Well, there are 2 girls who seem to be openly in love with Tigre. The cover girls for vol. 1-2.

The rest are... well, they'll become Tigre's harem members soon.

thats like the only thing he/she ever ask

Richocet 2012-08-06 18:03

Am just looking at jcafe and reading the summaries, seems interesting and I'll be putting this in my must read

Kleeyook 2012-08-06 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFarGone (Post 4293084)
thats like the only thing he/she ever ask

Well, I meant about him asking "who's in the harem?" in almost any threads here.

willx 2012-08-06 20:07

I'd add that this LN is incredibly interesting. Zephyr's detailed summaries really make you think about the setting that the author created..

The attention to detail regarding the background histories and ramifications of each persons actions (and political intrigue to boot!) tell me that this is going to be a "must read!"

One thing that the story seems to be hinting at, and I hope it follows through with, is that there are many things that personal power alone cannot accomplish.

SoFarGone 2012-08-06 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleeyook (Post 4293142)
Well, I meant about him asking "who's in the harem?" in almost any threads here.

yea thats what I meant. Have you click on his profile and look at his posts? Pretty much all of it is "Who is in the harem? How many girls? Who are they?"

Athena 2012-08-06 20:15

Did zephyr go missing? Haven't heard of him/her since quite a bit.

Mars Mode 2012-08-06 20:42

I believe he posted that one of his family members is ill.

peinmaximus@ 2012-08-06 20:44

sorry guys,ask for harem, is only one of my mores,after all I'm a teenage boy that likes the girls with big oppai.
please guys, you can answer me what happen in each vol.?

Kleeyook 2012-08-07 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ (Post 4293329)
sorry guys,ask for harem, is only one of my mores,after all I'm a teenage boy that likes the girls with big oppai.
please guys, you can answer me what happen in each vol.?

Go to the site jcafe24.net and register to become the member.

Post 1 post in the forum in order to be able to see the spoiler.

Go to File Sharing Section, click on Novel Shoppu forum.

There are many threads providing RAW LN and some also have summary. RAW manga can be found on Winny Club forum.

The thread of this series is in both forums, one of LN, one for manga.

The LN thread has spoilers from vol. 1-4 provided by zephyr and whsie on page 1, summary by zephyr for vol. 1-2 on page 2.

^^ I don't think any more explanation is required.

But seriously, you even asked what happened in the series in some threads that have less than 10 pages. At least you should try searching for it yourself. It's not like every threads here have 30+ pages you know!

Belgaesh 2012-08-07 16:29

Adding some images of the characters with their names, that will serve somewhat as a description.

Spoiler for Volume 01 Characters:

Spoiler for Volume 02 Characters:

Spoiler for Volume 03 Characters:

Spoiler for Volume 04 Characters:

SoFarGone 2012-08-07 19:20

Liking the weapon designs.

kuroishinigami 2012-08-07 22:09

The only thing that worries me about this series is that this is published in mf bunko. I doesn't want to be prejudiced about a particular publishing ompany since the author is the one that writes the story, but considering a lot of mf bunko novel with interesting premise gets stale after a number of volumes comes out, I can't help but be wary of this.

willx 2012-08-08 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroishinigami (Post 4294964)
The only thing that worries me about this series is that this is published in mf bunko. I doesn't want to be prejudiced about a particular publishing ompany since the author is the one that writes the story, but considering a lot of mf bunko novel with interesting premise gets stale after a number of volumes comes out, I can't help but be wary of this.

Hm, food for thought -- as someone that doesn't know Japanese nor knows anything about LN labels, all I can do is judge the works based on the content I read. So far what I've read from Zephyr's spoilers is AMAZING work and it seems to be highly thought of by other active BT translators that I respect!

Riki 2012-08-08 09:46

hmmm i gave up following this series after vol 2(Dxd madness that time) so how'd it go after that? downhill or up??