AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Nanoha/Vivid Franchise (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90525)

Rising Dragon 2011-09-07 19:55

You have also completely missed my point--that magic amplification is dangerous to the human body even by that time with Mid-Childa technology. We saw with Nanoha that constantly using big attacks and amplifying magic is dangerous--it nearly got Nanoha killed, after all, when it slowed her reflexes. Regardless of whether or not with a wave motion gun installed on a base, cartridges pumping in more magic power, or the Blaster System making Quattro shit her jumpsuit.

Sunder the Gold 2011-09-07 20:06

How is magic amplification any different from what they're always doing, just on a smaller scale than "Device the Size of a Spacestation" with "Spacestation engine" for a cartridge system?

Rising Dragon 2011-09-07 20:08

Simple--from what we've seen, the greater the amplication, the more dangerous it becomes. Magic is something to be used in moderation; that was a hard lesson Nanoha had to learn when she was 11 or 12.

Tiresias 2011-09-07 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaijo (Post 3758482)
From what I recall, the only time Precia's previous job was mentioned, was the either the movie or the movie manga, where she was working on a project that was a new power source. Something about extracting extra-dimensional energy or something.

Hmmm, yeah, I think it's something like that. Still can't remember where, though... :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 3758587)
You have also completely missed my point--that magic amplification is dangerous to the human body even by that time with Mid-Childa technology. We saw with Nanoha that constantly using big attacks and amplifying magic is dangerous

you do realize this is about a mentally-unbalanced nutcase who was already dying anyway? I don't think Precia would care about the "dangers"

Rising Dragon 2011-09-07 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresias (Post 3758610)
you do realize this is about a mentally-unbalanced nutcase who was already dying anyway? I don't think Precia would care about the "dangers"

Even with Precia being nuttier than squirrel poo, she wouldn't be so stupid as to kill herself before she could revive Alicia--why do you think Fate and Arf were doing most of the gruntwork?

Being insane isn't the same as being stupid.

Tiresias 2011-09-07 20:24

No, but it does risk her into having poorer grasp of her own condition - miscalculating the limits of her body.

Besides, she didn't use the super attack until half the story when she went "to hell with this!" and decided to make do with what she had, insufficient amount of Jewel Seeds be damned - these are the acts of someone desperate.

Akiyoshi 2011-09-07 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresias (Post 3758616)
Besides, she didn't use the super attack until half the story when she went "to hell with this!" and decided to make do with what she had, insufficient amount of Jewel Seeds be damned - these are the acts of someone desperate.

Yup, i agree with tyhat, by that point Precia was rushing things up so she decided to eliminate opposition and run with her plan before someone try to stop her.

Keroko 2011-09-08 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold (Post 3758600)
How is magic amplification any different from what they're always doing, just on a smaller scale than "Device the Size of a Spacestation" with "Spacestation engine" for a cartridge system?

Exactly what you said: The sheer amount. Mana overload is dangerous. Both Blaster and Starlight Breaker have pointed this out to us. The only time we've seen spaceship reactor powering a mage in action, it was done by a girl genetically manipulated specifically for that purpose, and even she had to be implanted with a Lost Logia for it to work.

Takamura Mamoru 2013-04-02 01:00

Not sure where else to post this, but the Movie 1st commentary track has pretty nice stuff. (☝゚∀゚)☝

Spoiler for Erio the pervert (waching Fate's henshin):

Spoiler for Magic colour:

Spoiler for Yuuno the ultra badass (lmao Vivio):

Spoiler for Fate, you shouldn't show your daughter these things:

Spoiler for Bardiche canonically confirmed as the coolest, most awesome device:

Spoiler for So gay I puked rainbows:

Demi. 2013-04-02 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru (Post 4616880)

Spoiler for Fate, you shouldn't show your daughter these things:

The lengths you go to defend that woman...

Sunder the Gold 2013-04-02 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 3759014)
Exactly what you said: The sheer amount. Mana overload is dangerous. Both Blaster and Starlight Breaker have pointed this out to us. The only time we've seen spaceship reactor powering a mage in action, it was done by a girl genetically manipulated specifically for that purpose, and even she had to be implanted with a Lost Logia for it to work.

That's boosting the mage directly, rather than just the spells. Devices amplify spells. Boost Devices like Keykerion and Askleipos are specifically designed to boost their user's spells rather than help crunch the numbers or auto-cast.

@soundstage stuff

Someone needs to write a fic where people meet Yuuno for the first time in a training exercise and have that exact misconception! "The Green Satan?!"

They don't cover what a green magical color means, but Shamal and Yuuno are pretty similar in character.

bhl88 2013-09-22 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold (Post 4617225)
That's boosting the mage directly, rather than just the spells. Devices amplify spells. Boost Devices like Keykerion and Askleipos are specifically designed to boost their user's spells rather than help crunch the numbers or auto-cast.

@soundstage stuff

Someone needs to write a fic where people meet Yuuno for the first time in a training exercise and have that exact misconception! "The Green Satan?!"

They don't cover what a green magical color means, but Shamal and Yuuno are pretty similar in character.

Green, calm, not strict..... different from Chrono's calmness.