AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

lycantivis 2007-02-01 23:04

contest? What contest do you speak of?

U<3Anime 2007-02-02 00:19

Man what the hell, MG strike noire??? Bandai better make MG Destiny next with god-like posability.(Since, destiny doesnt have much special gadgets >_>)

kct 2007-02-02 00:54

With the level of improvements Bandai is having on their MG kits, we can hope for that.

wavehawk 2007-02-02 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by krzglue2 (Post 818982)
MG is better now, and HG just getting worst.

- What part of THIS...

http://www.imageanime.com/hgrggmqu1p.html

...is WORST?!?!? :mad: The Hazel Custom was the first regular HG to feature double-jointed arms, and the HG GM Quel is actually better-proportioned (IMHO) than the MG. Have you actually been looking at the latest models?

Quote:

may be i just hate HG then,
- Then you are a motherfucking moron.

If you hate HG kits to begin with, you don't exactly have the right basis to tell us HG is getting worse. I work with both MG and HG kits and I can say the HGs are getting better.

Look, I screw up because of opinions. I feel that Resin kits aren't worth it--but there are guys who have worked with Resin and found them to be great. I admit I've got a bad opinion of them still, but I'm not about to say they suck, not anymore.

But if you say that HGs suck because you hate them--and then it's based on what someone else feels rather than your own opinion--that's a real stupid way of showing it. So your friend had a hard time with an OLD HGUC kit. Did YOU assemble it? Did YOU actually check out HGUC kits made in the past two months or so?

...at least my bad call on resin was based upon my own experiences and opinions. If all you 're doing is mouthing off your friend's opinions, then you're a fucking tool.

SNT1 2007-02-02 07:50

O.O model kits, dude... ain't no nuttin to cuss about.

But I agree with you!

And I wanna try out those Vicious Resin GSD conversions.... The Sword Impulse looks hawt,, and the Akatsuki conversion is more attractive thanks to Bandai Akatsuki's 27372983649 yen pricing.

kct 2007-02-02 08:07

Yes...the VP's conversion to the Impulse and Akatsuki are certainly getting tongues wet >.> . Unfortunately I do not get permission to get any new models right now, so that means I'm out.

Akyra 2007-02-02 10:38

how much is the bandai akatsuki anyway? I've seen 2 prices before...a 6300 yen and 7000 something yen...Goddammit...all hobbies are so expensive these days...

duotiga 2007-02-02 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra (Post 820170)
how much is the bandai akatsuki anyway? I've seen 2 prices before...a 6300 yen and 7000 something yen...Goddammit...all hobbies are so expensive these days...

the final price is 6300yen

BcBasher 2007-02-02 14:40

Old RX-78 kit

I came across this Old 1/60 scale RX-78 model kit by bandai and from experience with other plastic model kits I could tell this one is a "classic". It's not my hobby so i thought I'd ask some experts if this is intersting and if so how do I find somone who would apreciate this.

The box end says "M.S. normal type 1:60 big scale RX-78 Mobile Suit Gundam". The box art apears more 2 dimensional than any of the newer kits I've found online and has a small metal decal in the lower right corner of the box top. I could send pictures if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Thor

MakubeX2 2007-02-02 17:46

Anyway, MG Hi-Nu is due to be released on 22/2

Deus EpS Machina 2007-02-02 17:53

krzglue2 doesnt seem to be a fan of HGs so he badmouths them. If he had been buying the last few HG kits...he would know just how incorrect he is...One needs to simply get themselves and HG Strike Noir and make it...That is a true next-gen HG kit.

lycantivis 2007-02-02 18:31

Realy? I think I need to go get me a Noir then cause I got scarred by the endless waltz 1/144 HGs. They touched me in a bad place when I was a child.

kct 2007-02-02 19:46

Of course, it was a pity that Blu Duel and Verde Buster were rehashes of the old HGGS, when Noir is entirely something else.

I was hoping that the MG Noir marks a new direction for the SEED MGs, like the war the HG Noir did.

Fome 2007-02-02 22:50

I was never a big fan of the seed designs. Some of the armaments just seem ridiculously extravagant. Like how the strike freedom and buster gundam have the "ability" to stick their two guns end to end into one long gun. To me, that seems awefully childish, and trying to come up with an explanation for it inevitably sounds contrived ("Maybe one gun can amplify the power of the other gun?"). It's not the same thing as wing zero twin buster rifle, in which case combining them is equivilent to firing both guns at one target. And what's the point of the folding guns at the sides of the freedom gundam? Can't it just stay alongated the whole time, and just point downwards? If you try to argue that it "constricts movement," that arguement contradicts all the other pointy useless dingalings that stick out from everywhere else. Why does the gundam stick two lightsabers into one darth maul style duel lightsaber, when it would be far more effective just to use them separately? Why does the Justice Gundam have a backpack it could practically hanglide with

Now I understand artistic liberty, but aethetics without any good reason just makes things look trivial IMO. Yes, we are talking about giant walking robots, but thats already a given, and I have limits to what i think looks cool and what looks like a lack of creativity.

kct 2007-02-02 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 820877)
Yes, we are talking about giant walking robots, but thats already a given, and I have limits to what i think looks cool and what looks like a lack of creativity.

Freedom and the like actually points to the latter. Ask Okawara.

Fome 2007-02-02 23:32

Wait, just to clarify, that means we are in agreement?

EZNic 2007-02-03 00:04

Quote:

Why does the gundam stick two lightsabers into one darth maul style duel lightsaber, when it would be far more effective just to use them separately? Why does the Justice Gundam have a backpack it could practically hanglide with

Now I understand artistic liberty, but aethetics without any good reason just makes things look trivial IMO. Yes, we are talking about giant walking robots, but thats already a given, and I have limits to what i think looks cool and what looks like a lack of creativity.

hmm trivial? nope, not with the merging beamsabers. It's logical and with good reasoning too. Using 2 beamsabers will require "2" hands. so if you lose a hand/arm in battle how are you going to use 2 swords? In a normal hand to hand battle, you would normally block attacks with your hands which increase the chances of it getting injured much more so than your other body parts. If you are stuck in a corner and someone trys to hit you with something and the only thing you can do is block, what are you going to use??.. hmmm, before you can think your hands will automatic raise up to protect yourself.

There's also the fighting style too, I can't really discrible in detail but with just 1 swing of those 2xbeamsabers you are doing a double combo attack ( the swing starts with the forward sword and ends with the backward sword)

Also with the other hand free, you can use it to hold a Sheild, or another weapon. So giving those Beamsabers the capabitily to merge into one long double end sword that can be held with just 1 hand is perfectly logical.

oh, why is I-Justice having a backpack that you can grab on to unreasonable.:confused:

EZNic 2007-02-03 00:36

Quote:

I was never a big fan of the seed designs. Some of the armaments just seem ridiculously extravagant. Like how the strike freedom and buster gundam have the "ability" to stick their two guns end to end into one long gun. To me, that seems awefully childish, and trying to come up with an explanation for it inevitably sounds contrived ("Maybe one gun can amplify the power of the other gun?"). It's not the same thing as wing zero twin buster rifle, in which case combining them is equivilent to firing both guns at one target. .

I agree with you on some of the Seed designs, especially mobile suits from GSD:eyespin:eyespin: :twitch:

but how is Wing Zero's buster rifle combining less "childish" than the Rifles from SEED merging?

Sure, for Wing Zero, combining them is equivilent to firing both guns at one target. But when they hit, they are not hiting the target at the same spot. It will be a 20HPx2 attack,, but not a 40HP attack like the ones in SEED.

The merging of rifles in Seed can be easy explain by feeding your energy weapon with more energy so it can generate a much more higher output blast hitting a target at the same spot. when docked, the 2nd rifle doesn't fire, but instead the energy that would have been use for the blast will just be transfer to the 1st gun.

I'm surprise you didn't say anything about Saviors transformation, and it's huge cannons, or impulse parts flying in a cave.:heh:

Fome 2007-02-03 01:16

You know what, I take back what I side about the trivial things in GS. I guess it's acceptable if we're already taking for granted all the other strange things about humanoid fighting machines in general. I thought about EZNic's arguments and concluded that none of my complaints were any more convoluted than the very idea of a Gundam. I don't know, I guess I was just subconsciously biased against Gundam Seed.

Deus EpS Machina 2007-02-03 01:16

Quote:

I was never a big fan of the seed designs. Some of the armaments just seem ridiculously extravagant. Like how the strike freedom and buster gundam have the "ability" to stick their two guns end to end into one long gun. To me, that seems awefully childish, and trying to come up with an explanation for it inevitably sounds contrived ("Maybe one gun can amplify the power of the other gun?").

Id think it works the same way as if one were to use two flashlights instead of just one; better visibility, no?

Quote:

And what's the point of the folding guns at the sides of the freedom gundam? Can't it just stay alongated the whole time, and just point downwards? If you try to argue that it "constricts movement," that arguement contradicts all the other pointy useless dingalings that stick out from everywhere else.
Because theyre railguns. Im not entirely sure of the exact details of the weapon, but wiki and Gundam Official state similarly that it fires projectiles using electromagnetic enegrgy. So, looking at the railguns as though they were a maglev train track, the longer it is, the more force the projectile can be charged/fired with. You cant have a giant railgun on the hips, it would be bad mechanics, thats why they fold.

Quote:

Why does the gundam stick two lightsabers into one darth maul style duel lightsaber, when it would be far more effective just to use them separately? Why does the Justice Gundam have a backpack it could practically hanglide with
both beam sabres in one hand = one free hand. And Justice had the FLIGHTpack cuz it cant fly in the atmosphere on its own.