AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Danganronpa (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=145097)

Klashikari 2016-09-15 13:45

Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

darkofficer 2016-09-15 15:54

i knew that she's gonna die but still, it's brutal the way she died

NovelReader 2016-09-15 16:19

I cried......

Freeter 2016-09-15 17:07

I could feel the sadism dripping from the creator during the whole Chiaki labyrinth scene. Makes me glad we didn't actually see Ruruka's death animated.

Did we really need that moment with her and Izuru at the end though? That just screamed cliche.

HandofFate 2016-09-15 17:10

that's some nice material for the fujoshis with munakata x boxer dude.

Nanami was brutal, and kind of hot if your into that kind of stuff.

SilverSyko 2016-09-15 17:10

Well, Chiaki is indeed killed and her death is what drove her classmates into despair. The despair arc isn't even over yet though, so it makes me wonder how they're going to conclude it all.

Didn't expect Juzo to actually be in love with Kyosuke. Anime is usually never that great at having subtle homosexual characters I find, they are always in-your-face with it.

And even though Izuru's memories as Hajime have been shut away, his heart still can't help but feel sorrow. Makes me feel hopeful for the Hajime/Izuru we saw in Future arc.~

AC-Phoenix 2016-09-15 17:38

This episode left me heavily confused:

- While I expected her to be the one to beat Juzou how the heck did she do that without getting wet? There is no way those random people there could have managed that.

- So, the punishments and the elevator down to the trial chamber in DR 1 are actually all right under the school inside that secret research facility - but how are they connected to the main building? I mean the room where Nanami got shoved into the elevator is the same the 78th class later on enters the elevator from, yet they never left the building to do so while the 77ths class had to go through a tunnel in the frontyard.
Moreover how was it not sealed after Jin turned the school into a bulwar :rollyeyes:

- Are we still in the DR1 casts first year or already in their second?

----
Other than that Juzou's weakness suprised me - until Junko said it I really thought it was Chisa he was after. :heh:.
That also explains what Munataka meant by 'you know why' - probably referring to Juzou having known about Junko all along.

Also.
Junko's attention span - 3 seconds :heh:

Marina2 2016-09-15 17:47

I see, it actually good ending for her..

http://i.imgur.com/5wxAciF.jpg

Homura7 2016-09-15 17:48

You know, I expected her to die. Afterall, she was an AI in SDR2 because of a good reason.

But this... this was just too much. It was like her execution in SDR2... except this one wasn't any simulation of sorts!!!

Chisa, you're not at fault for this, I know that.

The last scene broke my heart. Now I pray for the love of God that Kirigiri is alive in Future.

DMurphy 2016-09-15 18:05

I'm actually quite impressed at Danganronpa for having an LGBT character who is both part of the central cast and isn't an offensive, caricature-ish stereotype. Like, that's pretty rare in television at all, let alone in anime.

Dengar 2016-09-15 18:38

My heart. I totally get how this scene, along with the subliminal messaging and such sent the rest of the class off the deep end.

I did say that Nanami couldn't die unless the stage was set. And what a stage it was.

Am I the only one completely unsurprised that Sakakura was in love with Munakata? I thought it was obvious.

This also neatly wraps up the loose ends as to how Enoshima's involvement in these matters remained under the radar.

Homura7 2016-09-15 18:51

Junko is confirmed a compulsive liar. But not like we didn't know already.

"Izuru murdered the Student Council". The only one that got killed by Izuru's hand was an act of self-defense.

"I made the despairs join me one by one". Like hell you would have been able to get guys like Gundam or Nekomaru join you through just some trash talk.

"I broke Izuru's spirit". More like you revived Hajime.

No wonder she broke down in DR0, right after she killed her boyfriend. Even Junko herself can't understand her own Despair fetish.

DMurphy 2016-09-15 19:13

Tbh, I had caught on that they were implying it, but I hadn't expected it to be outright confirmed. I'm actually really glad it was.

As far as Chiaki dying -- you know, I was rolling my eyes a little as soon as Junko started talking about the Despair Video (I'm okay with the brainwashing idea, but the whole Despair Video thing is very -- kitschy, you know? It's a little too Demon Headmaster for my liking), but they actually pulled it back by having Chiaki's death, which was genuinely horrific to watch, be what turned them all to despair.

Because, kind of critically I think, I could believe that that brought them to despair even if they hadn't added in the brainwashing elements, which makes the brainwashing stuff work a lot better, as it enhances rather than takes away from the horror of what Junko does.

stray 2016-09-15 19:18

Juzo was not really surprising but I'm with DMurphy, I'm still sort of impressed they revealed it outright rather than keeping it implied or as a bromance that was a little too intense.

I um... I'd really recommend against getting attached to hope of any kind right now. Just sayin. Enoshima time :love: isn't over yet...

Homura7 2016-09-15 19:20

Mitarai learned of this? Because man, I can understand him now. The poor guy must have felt like shit knowing he unknowingly helped out a batshit insane crazy psycho with a Despair fetish achieve her goals.

AC-Phoenix 2016-09-15 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha Knight (Post 5945794)

The last scene broke my heart. Now I pray for the love of God that Kirigiri is alive in Future.

Well actually - remember that scene in DR 1 where Hagakure foresaw all 3 remaining males having a child with Asahina?

Well now 33.3% of his prohesies turn out true...

Himself: 33.33%
Togami: 33.33%
Naegi: 33.33%
------------------------
=== 99.99%

(Important note: I know both the prophesies AND the math don't work like that - it was just too tempting :heh: :heh: )

Nvis 2016-09-15 20:36

Now I'm glad Naegi beat Junko.

xellos2099 2016-09-15 20:59

I wonder if next week opening it will show hinata 's becoming strong again in the opening.

Stark700 2016-09-15 21:00

Poor Nanami...

Not even slightly surprised by Chisa being corrupted by despair. It was just unbearable to see her like that with her classmates. Junko really is a master manipulator of despair.

stray 2016-09-15 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix (Post 5945790)
- Are we still in the DR1 casts first year or already in their second?

Its 78's first BTW.

DR timeline is nebulous but as I understand it Junko and Mukuro's school life fun with 78 mainly happens after Despair and Zero so things maybe return to "normal" for a time. I sort of expected Despair to go into the Tragedy and such but maybe not... Despair might end where Zero begins.