AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Aria the Natural (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30625)

Proto 2006-04-02 23:27

Aria the Natural

Rightstuf / Nozomi Entertainment have announced the license for all of Aria, Aria the Animation, Aria the Natural, Aria the OVA ~Arietta~ and Aria the Origination.

Aria was produced by MFI, therefore we didn't list fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is licensed, the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Aria downloads or torrents.
  • Providing links to Aria downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Aria fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Aria.
  • Asking for playback help for Aria episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)

For all of us slow-paced anime lovers, the long wait (...3 months?) is over, since the first chapter of Aria the Natural came out some hours ago.

Spoiler for chapter 1:

One of the things that I enjoy about Aria the most is the fact that since it is so slow paced it is quite easy to follow the Japanese :D

poseur 2006-04-03 20:45

is this a sequel/prequel or OVA to ARIA the animation?

Burner of Anime 2006-04-03 21:04

Is sequel- has extra loli inside :heh:

Still think the show is a little too girl centric. That's not a bad thing, only it cuts out a lot of the comedy regarding Akatsuki and his impossible pursuit of Ms. Alicia.

Shiroth 2006-04-03 21:07

I've been very tempted not to watch the Raw for episode 01.. i think i can only last out one more day. >.<

poseur 2006-04-03 21:12

i was hoping for more alicia/athena younger days.........

Sety 2006-04-04 05:19

<3

Kitties! And my fave episodes were the ones with the adventures of Aria.

NoSanninWa 2006-04-04 06:17

My favorite episodes were all of them. As long as I get another 13 episodes of nothing happening in a peaceful and gentle way, I'll be happy. Kitties are just a bonus. Like Athena is just a bonus. Like time travel is just a bonus. Like everything in this show is just a bonus. Lest anyone say that my love for this show is excessive, I only have one thing to say, "Embarassing remarks are not permitted!"

Dragnfly@Gamefaqs 2006-04-04 06:18

It's good to see it's still going strong. I really enjoyed that but the starting creeped me out.

But they couldn't have possibly picked a better spot to pick back up. I loved that little bit in the manga and the minor changes to it were really refreshing.

Sety 2006-04-04 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
My favorite episodes were all of them. As long as I get another 13 episodes of nothing happening in a peaceful and gentle way, I'll be happy. Kitties are just a bonus. Like Athena is just a bonus. Like time travel is just a bonus. Like everything in this show is just a bonus. Lest anyone say that my love for this show is excessive, I only have one thing to say, "Embarassing remarks are not permitted!"

^
Summed up far better than I could ever hope to do.......My,my,my....

Radiosity 2006-04-04 11:51

100% in agreement with NoSanninWa. Except... I have to say i'm glad i'm following 'another' group, because 'Embarrassing remarks are not permitted!' kind of sounds wrong, too tense and unnatural (hah, pun not intended). Heh, almost sounds like an evil overlord to his underlings, very straight and pronounced with little feeling.

Well, either way I'm looking forward to this more than any other series currently :)

kron 2006-04-04 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProtoMan
Spoiler for chapter 1:

One of the things that I enjoy about Aria the most is the fact that since it is so slow paced it is quite easy to follow the Japanese :D

your spoiler is wrong. the first episode is an altered version of the manga vol 2 navigation 9.

Spoiler for not really spoiler but some background info from manga:

based on the title of next ep. it looks like it will be based on volume 3 navigation 13 of the manga which i also really liked. : D

Shiroth 2006-04-04 13:17

It was nice to see a episode from the chapter, though a lil' bit different with the appearence of Ai, nice touch.

Animation looks like its been done up a bit since the first season. Thats also a nice lil' touch.. i wonder if it'll carry on.

Also, i just adore how they're keeping the same music score from the first season, as well as adding a new OST.. can't wait to own it! >.<

Radiosity 2006-04-04 13:36

Woah! You mean we get to hear the ultra-lovely Undine, Rainbow and maybe even Symphony again? Hurrah! My Sex-o-meter just jumped off the scale :D

StarCreator 2006-04-04 13:43

Did I miss something? o.O

Looking forward to the next episode, if it's what I think it is.

kron 2006-04-04 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarCreator
Did I miss something? o.O

Looking forward to the next episode, if it's what I think it is.

treasure hunt for the win. :D

Shiroth 2006-04-04 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiosity
Woah! You mean we get to hear the ultra-lovely Undine, Rainbow and maybe even Symphony again? Hurrah! My Sex-o-meter just jumped off the scale :D

The Op & ED have changed for the new series, though some of the BGM's that appeared from the first season, and are on the OST - also appear in the second season. ^^

Radiosity 2006-04-04 16:25

Aww :( Oh well, i'm sure I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

Karedis 2006-04-04 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelsama
The Op & ED have changed for the new series, though some of the BGM's that appeared from the first season, and are on the OST - also appear in the second season. ^^

Just watched the first episode... the new OP & ED haven't sunk in yet. They seem a bit too artificial (or something...) to me. Hopefully after a couple more listens they'll become as soothing as the originals. Here's to wishing that a couple mainstays from the first OST make an awesome comeback!

As for the content, just what I expected. A nice slow-paced show perfect for unwinding after a stressful day at work. I haven't read the manga so I can't be nitpicky about specific plot details here or there, but I enjoy watching it nonetheless. So... time to sit back and watch another 13 episodes of the not-too-crazy adventures of our friends at Aria Company! :)

NoSanninWa 2006-04-05 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiosity
100% in agreement with NoSanninWa. Except... I have to say i'm glad i'm following 'another' group, because 'Embarrassing remarks are not permitted!' kind of sounds wrong, too tense and unnatural (hah, pun not intended). Heh, almost sounds like an evil overlord to his underlings, very straight and pronounced with little feeling.

You prefer "Embarassing lines are prohibited"? You think that sounds less tense and unnatural? Less like an evil overlord? Actually I think that "Embarassing lines are prohibited" is even colder! Are you going by another translation that I am unaware of?

Sorrow-K 2006-04-05 03:02

What a simply wonderful episode to start off the new season with! Loved this episode so much that it ranks among my favourites from either series of ARIA so far.

I instantly fell in love with the OP song. I can see why people might not be used to it at first, since "Undine" was such an integral part of ARIA, but I think it's a great song, and fitting for the OP. I didn't quite like the ED as much, though.

As far as the episode itself was concerned, I actually thought the little twist was really clever (and extremely cute as well). Haven't read the manga, so I don't know how it stacks up, but I didn't have a single problem with Ai's presence in this ep. The only problem I had with this ep was that the dance scene was prolonged a bit too much, but that's just nitpicking.

Also, is it just me or did Akari get a haircut?