AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Toradora! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Toradora! - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=74293)

Pellissier 2008-11-18 14:48

Toradora! - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Toradora!, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

typhonsentra 2008-11-18 16:19

Wait, it airs today? I thought this was a Thursday (In Japan) show.

Pellissier 2008-11-18 16:31

It airs wednesday at 17:20 (european time) - thursday 1:20 in Japan - as always.
I just opened the thread a bit earlier than usual. If this works, I'll open them at the same time on the next weeks, otherwise, I'll delay.

typhonsentra 2008-11-18 18:13

Oh cool, thank you.

BTW, the part of Volume 3 that corresponds to tomorrow's episode has been completed and is on B-T for those curious.

frubam 2008-11-18 19:53

Ack, I should have looked in the thread before running off to search for the episode =_=

Reaper-flora 2008-11-19 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 2061244)
Ack, I should have looked in the thread before running off to search for the episode =_=

lol i did the same thing :P few hours till i can watch :D

Peanutbutter 2008-11-19 07:42

From the preview, Taiga learns how to swim? :heh:

stormy001_M1A2 2008-11-19 07:51

I am looking forward to what Ami will be doing. She is reason why I watching this series.

margafred 2008-11-19 11:50

Spoiler for Episode 8 of Toradora!:

Utau 2008-11-19 11:52

i lost track of time, what the heck!

ep.8
- only seen half of the episode, darn.. why was Taiga mad at Ryuuji?
- lol at Taiga taking Ami's top off, that was WIN :naughty:
- liking this anime even more, it's probably because Taiga is not who she used to when it comes to Ryuuji cpmpared to before. She cared for Ryuuji when he drowned and actually cried. Really, good episode with Taiga and Ryuuji development.

margafred 2008-11-19 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utau (Post 2062417)
- only seen half of the episode, darn.. why was Taiga mad at Ryuuji?

Spoiler for Answer:

Utau 2008-11-19 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by margafred (Post 2062427)
Spoiler for Answer:

i see, so that's why. thanks.

Spoiler for ep.8:

Kinny Riddle 2008-11-19 13:47

That sure moved faster than I thought, though I more or less expected the duel to be wrapped up by the end of the episode.

I always wondered what Minori sleeping with a pair of fake eyes drawn on her eyelids would look like, and boy did I crack up when I saw her with those.

They should have allowed Taiga to use her wooden blade to strip Ami-tan of her bikini, instead of just her bare hands. She'll look more menacing that way, as befitting of her name.

And Taiga finally acknowledges for feelings, sort of. It wasn't too bad an adaptation, considering how JC Staff chooses to significantly downplay the angst and jealousy between Taiga and Ryuji caused by the cliffhanger on episode 6 with Ami flirting with Ryuji.

A new insertion includes Minori showing how envious she is of Taiga, having Ryuji take care of her. That scene was supposed to be in volume 4 but got moved forward.

Shiroth 2008-11-19 15:56

You really do have to respect the type of friendship the two have, especially after this episode. I'd go as far as to say the two do love each other, just not in the relationship way.

typhonsentra 2008-11-19 16:10

I certainly hope they don't skip the sumo match with the giant dog. Ever since I read that part I've wanted to see it animated.

Deathscyther 2008-11-19 16:58

Good episode =)

Although they skipped quite a lot, it was still a good watch. The most important scenes were animated and it's good to see some taiga x ryuuji development. They've downplayed the angst factor though.

gave it a 8/10:)

stormy001_M1A2 2008-11-19 21:42

Consistent writing wins. The series maintain nice flow so far.

And the omission of the wooden sword makes sense, no one carries it to the pool. Just my 2 cents.

Peanutbutter 2008-11-19 22:46

Wow, pretty deep episode. I don't know what to think of right now, but at the moment, I think Ryuuji's mum summed it up the best when she was clinging onto Ryuuji's leg.

I think I need to watch this episode a few times to consolidate my thoughts. ;)

Vexx 2008-11-20 00:19

I'm a sucker for Random Curiosity screen caps.... this time they've got me seriously anticipating this episode (as well as looking forward to reading the rest of the novels later).

ThoHell 2008-11-20 02:09

Was a random interesting episode, I liked it. Oh, POOR AMI!