AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Favorite quotes, sayings, phrases,etc. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=57735)

Terrestrial Dream 2007-11-12 01:47

Favorite quotes, sayings, phrases,etc.

This thread would be for posting your favorite quote, sayings, phrases, etc. It doesn't matter if they are from anime, T.V, or movie. Though I would say that it shouldn't be offensive to other people.

Few of my favorite quote
I don't know his name but it was from a slam poet "You can't buy love with money, but love can't buy you shit!"
"If we are willing to fight to the death, we shall live, and if we are not, we will Perish." Yi Soon Shin.
"who the hell you do you I am!?" from Gurren Lagann.

I think this would be a sayings.
" People stay away from shit, not because they are afraid but because they are dirty"

Honda Boy Techy 2007-11-12 02:40

One of mine and my Dad's favorite for stuff that doesn't make sense. From Larry the Cable Guy. "It's like wiping before you poop. It just don't make no sense."

Chris Farley "Holy Shnikees" (I actually said this toady when I walked into Sunday School and there were a crap load of kids in there)

Kevin from the Screen Savers years ago, for anything messed up "Janked Up"

TinyRedLeaf 2007-11-12 02:44

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get."

I know, I know, it's really lame. But that's precisely why I still can't forget it. -___-

skyfirefly 2007-11-12 03:11

for me... coffee!! coffee!! coffee!! get some coffee!! heheh its because im always drinking cofee :D

innominate 2007-11-12 03:14

"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
Albert Einstein
... =/

The Chaos 2007-11-12 03:27

Keep your Friend close ...keep your enemy closer ...
don't ask why...... I heard it from anime (I forget The name)

Risaa 2007-11-12 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by innominate (Post 1250445)
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
Albert Einstein

I've always found that quote comforting whenever I've been in a troublesome situation. Not just that Einstein had greater things to worry about, but knowing there's always someone else out there who's having to wade through more [excuse me] shit than you do.

"Alas! regardless of their doom
The little victims play."
- Thomas Gray

jedinat 2007-11-12 03:50

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
-Abraham Lincoln

It is my excuse for being introverted.

Honda Boy Techy 2007-11-12 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedinat (Post 1250481)
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
-Abraham Lincoln

Now that one is just awesome.

Sephi 2007-11-12 04:11

*pulls out my .txt were i saved some quotes*

Don't remember who it was that said it except for one of them.

- Do, or do not. There is no 'try

- We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction

- Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe (Einstein)

And these two i got from Pellissier thread. :)
- In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you take, but how many moments took your breath away

- They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself

TinyRedLeaf 2007-11-12 06:14

Ok....after wracking my head a little bit more, I thought of another couple of quotes I like a lot (by the way, I loved that Abe Lincoln quote too!).

"Religion is a magic device for turning unanswerable questions into unquestionable answers."
- Popular bumper sticker?

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."
- Andre Gide

Klashikari 2007-11-12 06:15

while i'm a complete athe, I liked this sentence:
for all they that take the sword shall perish by the sword. (Matthew 26: 52)

and some others (well idioms so):
-If it works, don't fix it.
-Triumph without peril brings no glory.
-Speech is silver, but silence is golden.
-First deserve, then desire.

Animecentred 2007-11-12 08:26

:DMy favorite non-anime quote is

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright

:DMy Favorite anime quote is from Saiyuki:

"This is really a very disgusting hobby." - Son Goku

The one from Saiyuki always cracks me up

SolarNova 2007-11-12 08:44

Ok i can only think of a few that i use alot ..well maybe not use but i always remember them.

'He who controls the past commands the future, he who commands the future conquers that past' - Kane ( Command & Conquer - Orignal )

'Chance favors the prepared mind' - first heared this in 'Under Siege 1'

'Assumption is the mother of all fuc*ups' - again in 'Under Siege 1' < This one i actually use alot hehe

'Better to ask forgivness than permission' - Brom in Eragon

Ill think of more later .. im at work atm lol

-KarumA- 2007-11-12 09:28

"fortune favours the bold" ~fromt he Alexander movie =3 that one's my fav

Honda Boy Techy 2007-11-12 11:20

Forgot who said it (some comedian) "If you can't fix it with duct tape, it's broke."

And one I hear my dad say often. "If it don't go, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacin anyway."

KholdStare 2007-11-12 14:42

My favorite quotes are of course, anime quotes. Here's one of my favorites, and brownie points to the person who guess who said it!

"Summer is about to end soon. Seasons change from one to another, as if it were always that way. Have you ever thought of how lonely that was? I think about it...because I am the same as a falling leaf that feels the changing of seasons. Just like how the seasons continue to pass by without pause, people pass on and change. That is how anything living on this world should behave."

Papaya 2007-11-12 16:48

"tits or gtfo" --Is funnier in real life than online.

"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. " --Oscar Wilde, reminding me of the difference between Disney movies and real life.

"Great liars are also great magicians." --Hitler, from his meditations on Criss Angel.

"It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind." --Voltaire... rings true today more than ever, don't you think?

Ebichuman 2007-11-12 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animecentred (Post 1250718)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright

Ha! That's a good one.

I always liked, "Wish in one hand, shit in the other." and "Good deeds never go unpunished."

Aoie_Emesai 2007-11-12 18:05

"No people, no problem" -Joseph Stalin ^_^