AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fan Creations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Malkuth fighting boredom (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113013)

Malkuth 2012-06-29 23:10

Malkuth fighting boredom

Last spring (2011) I started drawing to fight boredom waiting for an overseas client to call in the middle of the damn night.

For the complete and "not safe for this forum" staff, you can check pixiv and e-hentai (both require registration and deactivating the R-18 filtering).

COMPLETE

Spoiler for Miu@PapaKiki:

Spoiler for Kirika@C3 (NSFW):

Spoiler for MariaxKobato@Haganai:

Spoiler for Yozora@Haganai (color):

Spoiler for Hastur@Haiyore!Nyaruko-chan (color) (NSFW) (safe for forum part):

Spoiler for Anaru@AnoHana (lineart) (NSFW) (safe for forum part):

Spoiler for HarunaxSera@KoreZon (color):

Spoiler for 10000%cuter@KoreZon (NSFW) (futa) (2-page-manga):

Spoiler for DownThereBloodIsTastier@KoreZon (NSFW) (yuri) (2-page-manga):

Spoiler for Tsubasa@Kizumonogatari chapter 7 (NSFW):

Spoiler for Tsubasa@Kizumonogatari chapter 8:

Spoiler for Tsubasa@Kizumonogatari chapter 10 (censored):

Spoiler for Minato Fumi's naughty senpai (trace):

Spoiler for Ino'ue Kiyoshiro's princess by the metro's window (trace) (NSFW):

IN PROGRESS

Spoiler for Tsubasa@TsubasaTiger:

Spoiler for debut p.1-2/7, based on Nene ch.7 (NSFW):

Spoiler for Seitokai@HighschoolDxD (lineart) (NSFW):

Spoiler for AkanexTsubaki@HighschoolDxD (lineart):

Spoiler for SounaxTsubaki@HighschoolDxD (lineart):

Spoiler for MegurixRurukoxYura@HighschoolDxD (lineart) (safe for forum part):

Spoiler for Sera@KoreZon (lineart) (safe for forum part):

Spoiler for Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari (lineart) (NSFW):

Seitsuki 2012-06-30 07:35

Eek! Ropes! (alright that was only a few, but still)

You only started last year? Those are looking great! Depicting some.. interesting.. elements, but that's ok, my Absolute Purity filter is online and working fine!

I'm assuming those are digital and with mouse? Much better than what I could manage.. ~_~

For practice, I still think traditional pen and pencil on paper is best-- it's quick, easy, and manageable anywhere (such as during lectures or in the middle of exams). I usually just open a few images of styles I like and have a go trying to capture the 'flow' of the pictures; I find that it's the curves which are really difficult, such as hair or clothes: the rest are rather basic and can be solved with simple plans. I think your face shapes are done really well, as well as the proportions, that's something I still really struggle with orz. The only thing that stands out at the moment really is the fluidity of the lines- smooth those out, and your pics would look even better!

Keep it up, can't wait to see more of your work! *casually checks filter*

NoemiChan 2012-06-30 08:19

Checking the Drawings*:eyebrow:

Jaw drops... perspiring.... breathing deep... What the hell?!:twitch:

To be fair, as a lover of hand drawn art. I say they're quite naughty.. I meant impressive....:D

10/10... keep it up!!!.:)

Malkuth 2012-06-30 10:00

Hehehe, thanks guys, I am glad you like them.

Now about the way I drew them... I started by printing my favourite panels and tracing them until I got a hang of postures, perspective, depth (that took about a month). Then I begun altering postures in existing drawings with the help of photos, mirrors, memoery. Now usually a start with a photo or sketch and distort it.

For equipment, I used just pencils, and GIMP for filtering, then moved to a cheap mouse and photoshop elements, now I am using a trackpad.

Oh! and I never managed to improve in two things:
  • coloring
  • clothing
:heh:

I also want to start drawing gore, but it's kind of hard to find good reference images.

And I love drawing different facial expressions, actually that feature is why I love manga/manhwa-style so much more than western ones :D

mangatron 2012-06-30 19:54

Wow, you did this when you're bored? I wish I was that creative when I'm bored, the only times when I'm bored is when I have so much things to do, I get a brain freeze, brain shutdown, restart and then I go "what am I supposed to do" :heh:

And I feel so ashamed at not remembering the DxD seitokai's names. It's not my fault their screen time was so little! :upset::heh:

Oh, and the Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari drawing really makes me want to finish Nisemonogatari (yeah I didn't finish it, you can shoot me now:heh:)

Malkuth 2012-06-30 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 4232111)
Wow, you did this when you're bored? I wish I was that creative when I'm bored, the only times when I'm bored is when I have so much things to do, I get a brain freeze, brain shutdown, restart and then I go "what am I supposed to do" :heh:

Well, I was struggling to become an electrical engineer (therefore I can hand-draw straight and curvy lines), but ended up using my programming hobby as the main source of income... so when I get bored and/or frrustrated with RL, I regree into ideal imaginary rope-play and greco/roman-upper-class depravity :heh:

On the other hand, when one has striven how to do all these stuff, he/she will obviously escape into something else when work/studies become unnecessarily choking :(

Quote:

And I feel so ashamed at not remembering the DxD seitokai's names. It's not my fault their screen time was so little! :upset::heh:

I hope I have contributed with that shameful feeling :p

Quote:

Oh, and the Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari drawing really makes me want to finish Nisemonogatari (yeah I didn't finish it, you can shoot me now:heh:)

Oh! do watch, as well as read Naruco Haneharu's Nene which contributed the models I worked with to end up with short-haired Tsubasa! I'll PM the uncensored sketches, but Nise- is just deliciously subverting our ecchi-loving norms :heh:

But to put things into context and fully enjoy Nise-, one has to follow the writing timeline, so you'll have to wait for the Kizu- movie or enjoy it through the novel's text and various artists' depictions of the author's words :naughty:

Ray 2012-07-03 19:23

Oooh, so you decided to make yer own thread in the Fan Creations sub section? Awesomes.

As I've said before, the Kirika@C3 and the Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari drawings are my favourites; you should draw more of those two. :3

NoemiChan 2012-07-04 03:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkuth (Post 4231457)
Oh! and I never managed to improve in two things:
  • coloring
  • clothing
:heh:

Same here but compared to others techniques in animating... hand drawn will always the best and the most used technique.:)

Malkuth 2012-07-08 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphrah (Post 4236819)
Oooh, so you decided to make yer own thread in the Fan Creations sub section? Awesomes.

As I've said before, the Kirika@C3 and the Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari drawings are my favourites; you should draw more of those two. :3

Well, I am slowly working a story with a protagonist having Tsubasa's proportions, actually extending Naruco Haneharu's Nene chapter 7... one of my favorites. As for Kirika, well another BSDM drawing with a pony-tail is in the works, but this one features Saras teaching Sera BL.

For both I have some prelilinary drawing here already... safe for the forum, of course :uhoh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4237309)
Same here but compared to others techniques in animating... hand drawn will always the best and the most used technique.:)

Indeed, recently my mouse-pen broke, and I realize that using one finger (on the trackpad, instead of three for pencil/mouse-pen) yields very unstable results... on the other hand, drawing directly into PS or GIMP has the advantage of configuring the resolution and more than two layers to work with.

NoemiChan 2012-07-08 07:36

A GIMP user two?! High five!!! Same here!!

Seitsuki 2012-07-08 18:35

Welcome back~

How's GIMP compared to PS/Illustrator? All I know about it is we had a Biosci lab where we used the clone tool to 'touch up' images and a lecture at the end 'don't do this with actual scientific results'..

Malkuth 2012-07-10 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 4245100)
Welcome back~

Thanks, I'll be dropping in this thread once per week, but will abstain from the rest of the forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 4245100)
How's GIMP compared to PS/Illustrator? All I know about it is we had a Biosci lab where we used the clone tool to 'touch up' images and a lecture at the end 'don't do this with actual scientific results'..

I only have PS/Elements for OS X, and compiled GIMP using X11... so my experience might differ.

PS generally is more intuitive to use, but has two main issues... total lack of scripting capabilities, and almost no vector graphics.

Therefore I end up using both.

... and a small update

DEBUT p.1-2/24
This a preview for a story based on Nene ch.7 by Naruco Hanaharu.

http://i3.lulzimg.com/6fcbfc20cd.jpg

there are five more pages, way to unsafe for this forum :heh: You can see all seven at e-hentai forum ;)

So currently I am thinking about Yukari's (the girl's) hairstyle... I don't like her original, and prefer something closer to Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari and Wanko@Sankarea, but with bangs. Also since these panels were drawn at very different points in time, they are not very consistent... have to work on that too.

EDIT: To be more specific on hairstyle... I am torn between the original Yukari from Nene 7 (IRL image of Ohashi Momoka who has the same hairstyle and body type, minus her cup-size :p)...

http://i.imgur.com/SXgIIl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/DXjvnl.jpg

... and Wanko/Tsubasa short hair, maybe with less dense and shorter bangs and no pinchers/clippers and ahoge, but reveal the back of the neck, which is a bitch to draw, but if done properly is extremely attractive :heh:

http://i.imgur.com/knpyjl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/m6AUfl.jpg

NoemiChan 2012-07-10 22:42

Malkuth... ecchi...:heh::heh::heh:

Those are like taken from a manga.. nice work!!!

Malkuth 2012-07-10 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4248792)
Malkuth... ecchi...:heh::heh::heh:

Those are like taken from a manga.. nice work!!!

It is supposed to expand a short chapter from 2004 into a longer (20-30 page) doujinshi. Some panels are reworked traces from the original... nonetheless, it's still a preview, since I decided on the panel arrangement and dialogue for the first nine pages... so now it's consistency time and decide if I keep the original character design or change to one of my favorite* hairstyles :heh:

* A twin-tail pettanko inspired by another old short chapter from 2008, but looking more like Anaru from Ano Hana is also in the works, but nowhere close the above's stage of progress :(

Seitsuki 2012-07-11 02:50

Ha.. haha.. you sure are good at anatomy huh? *coughcouuugh*

And admit it, judging from those you've never drawn a pettanko in your life :P

Malkuth 2012-07-15 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 4249040)
Ha.. haha.. you sure are good at anatomy huh? *coughcouuugh*

And admit it, judging from those you've never drawn a pettanko in your life :P

OK, OK... pettanko was maybe an exaggeration, since I do not consider anything undeveloped as worthy to spend "ink" on... even for MariaxKobato@Haganai (above), as well as a sketch of Tsubaki@MiraiNikki (way to stuffed to post even parts of it) I sped up their biological development :heh:

Seitsuki 2012-07-17 03:25

Blasphemy! How could you not appreciate the aesthetic perfection of a smooth aerodynamic body.. the serene, graceful, slender form.. that beautiful, fleeting charm..

(absolutely nothing to do with my boob physics being terrible >_> )

Malkuth 2012-08-23 20:33

Another shot at coloring (before shadows and highlights)...

http://i.imgur.com/mUznPl.jpg

Kimidori 2012-08-25 06:58

^
can i have the lineart of this? i wanna try to color this.

Malkuth 2012-08-25 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimidori (Post 4319803)
^
can i have the lineart of this? i wanna try to color this.

Here you go

http://i.imgur.com/wEwDHl.jpg

(click for larger version)

Feel free to color it, just remember to post the result here... coloring is definitely not my thing :heh:

Here is the color reference I tried to use

http://i.imgur.com/mvTRGl.jpg

I hope it works for you... I really loved the work you did with Kobato@Haganai :D

Malkuth 2012-09-17 01:11

new one... censored, of course :p

http://i.imgur.com/NA1nCl.jpg

Seitsuki 2012-09-17 17:27

Ooh.. getting better! Especially the hair and feet, those are beautiful. As in an aesthetic way. Not in any other way. Especially not in that way.

Malkuth 2012-09-18 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 4357210)
Ooh.. getting better! Especially the hair and feet, those are beautiful. As in an aesthetic way. Not in any other way. Especially not in that way.

Thanks :D Actually her crotch is even more detailed, but not in a way would be acceptable in this forum.

Anyway, I think I overdid the details on the socks her left foot, maybe I should change some of the to shadows instead of outlines; plus I definitely have to thin her bangs in order to look more like Yukari.

Malkuth 2012-10-28 21:35

A short update...

cover line-art almost finished...

http://i.imgur.com/zEXpXl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PVZRSl.jpg

obviously everything else is not for these mods :p

Kimidori 2012-10-28 22:43

woa, you got a lot better in anatomy!

can you send me more of your recent works? I'm been trying to draw lately and really need reference.

Malkuth 2013-01-13 16:32

First try, drawing Miu-sama@PapaKiki:

http://i.imgur.com/dpdq3l.jpg

I want her to look older than 10, since the rest of the drawings I am working on are not stuff for kids :heh:

Ray 2013-01-13 17:55

Ooh nice. You're improving. Shame it's SFW, though. :3

Kimidori 2013-01-14 07:18

anatomy is good but I think you need to work on expression and eyes, they look kind of soulless.

mangatron 2013-01-14 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkuth (Post 4511803)
First try, drawing Miu-sama@PapaKiki:

http://i.imgur.com/dpdq3l.jpg

I want her to look older than 10, since the rest of the drawings I am working on are not stuff for kids :heh:

Wow, that's good :D that makes me want to..... work on my stagnant skills, heck that makes me look terrible :heh:

Malkuth 2013-01-14 23:28

Lineart should be better because I got a dirt cheap mousepen the other day, and wanted to use it for something... plus I started reading several manga here (since again they are dirt cheap), hence the SFW-clothing :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphrah (Post 4511881)
Ooh nice. You're improving. Shame it's SFW, though. :3

Don't worry, I will PM links when I need input on the sketches about her private audition :naughty:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimidori (Post 4512583)
anatomy is good but I think you need to work on expression and eyes, they look kind of soulless.

I happen to love rape-eyes, makes feel more empathetic towards the characters. But nice catch, I just did a rapid coloring on the lineart to find errors, but looked decent so I posted it... it's by no means finished, and there are actually two version, this one, which needs some work to look more cheerful and vibrant, and a nude one where the expression came from, looking jaded, tired, but pretending to be cheerful and energetic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 4512874)
Wow, that's good :D that makes me want to..... work on my stagnant skills, heck that makes me look terrible :heh:

:nono: I still think that I suck ass (I am better though than a lot of "artists" that I went through their work in Comiket, particularly the first two days); nevertheless, I draw because I really enjoy it, not because I want to become an artist :heh:

So give it a shot, I am curious to see what your mind comes up with, whether your hand accurately follows it :p

In between, thanks for the Airi@Oni-chichi suggestion (despite wishing to see her gang-raped, her bust size was a "no-go"), but it instantly reminded me of Miu@PapaKiki and all the comparisons between the two :heh:

Seitsuki 2013-01-15 17:18

Malkuth drew a loli! The world is going to end!!

First major note: you really should draw your lines faster. At the moment they look kinda shaky, rather than smooth and comfortable; it does stand out. Second as Kimi said the proportions are great, the head and hip look slightly off but all aside you're better than me in that aspect. Third, when are you going to treat us to a fully shaded colour pic? :P

bhl88 2013-01-15 19:06

A yandere loli!
Malkuth: It's not a yandere!
.... it's not?

Malkuth 2013-01-15 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 4514333)
Malkuth drew a loli! The world is going to end!!

I have drawn younger looking girls before, Tsubaki and Yuno (Mirai Nikki), Kobato and Maria (Haganai), Kuuko and Nyaruko (Haiyore)

Quote:

First major note: you really should draw your lines faster. At the moment they look kinda shaky, rather than smooth and comfortable; it does stand out.

I must have missed some... but it's not a matter of speed in my case, rather when I draw vertical lines now I usually have to move my whole arm, rather then just my wrist (as with horizontal ones), which less stable and lines end up too shaky... if I am not to tired I usually rotate 90° draw horizontally and rotate back... but not always :heh: Another solution is to use paths in GIMP, but this is even more work, and takes out a lot of the fun.

Quote:

Second as Kimi said the proportions are great, the head and hip look slightly off but all aside you're better than me in that aspect.

They are off, when I tried to remove the clothes (i.e. draw her naked) her pelvis was much closer to Yukari's in proportions, rather then Miu (even post-pub) :eyespin: well that's not a big deal, I will cut her right leg, rotate it a little counter-clock-wise.

Quote:

Third, when are you going to treat us to a fully shaded colour pic? :P

colour no time soon, shading when I decide story -> background art -> panel arrangements, which in my case takes forever :heh:

But if you want to have a look at how much I suck with colors, take a look at a couple I have posted on pixiv. Shades/Highlight it's a hit or miss sometimes I make them work, others they just look plain weird :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl88 (Post 4514437)
A yandere loli!
Malkuth: It's not a yandere!
.... it's not?

Yandere? well, that's one path that the story might take :heh:

Malkuth 2013-05-13 14:56

More Miu@PapaKiki... I plan to color these... in time due time of course and since I'll have an IRL model handy next month, I'll try to finish these before I return to Tokyo year :p

http://i.imgur.com/lxJuGnSl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/oxFV1Cfl.jpg

My main problem with Miu is that the original character designs have very wide heads (at least for my taste)... and I am torn between being loyal or modify in accordance to my preferences :heh:

Also, I still try to find the best clothes for Miu... there is a fine balance here between gyaru/yasui and yamato nadeshiko, that is really hard to understand and manipulate :(

PS: I have done a lot more line-art with Yukari@Nene and Tsubasa@Monogatari, but since even Monir had to delete images from this thread, I guess this is not the best place to share art-work :rolleyes:

winhlp32 2013-05-15 01:31

Your lineart is looking pretty nice now. Keep it up.

On coloring: If you're having problems picking colors, there is always the eye dropper/color picker tool in GIMP/Photoshop/etc. Get a good picture of Miu/Tsubasa/whoever, and use the colors the professional illustrators are using. Do this long enough and you should start to be able to judge on your own what colors are okay for skin or clothing and what colors makes the skin too dark, etc.

Ledgem 2013-05-18 16:44

Impressive works, it looks like your skills are coming along nicely.

Vexx 2013-05-20 17:35

Catching up on the art stuff .... yeah, the lineart is very cute.

Malkuth 2013-07-09 03:25

My perverted mind can't help but extend every opening animation stills into 18+ material :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/lLxQmITl.jpg

... so I traced and modified a little Tsubasa from the opening's title still, and now I will indulge myself into undressing her, and adding 5 guys enjoying that awesome silhouette, since her pose is so convenient :naughty:

PS: monir, no worries, I won't post it her ;)

PS2: No more Miu@PapaKiki for this season... guilt is a very bad thing even when it concerns fictional character :p

PS3: The other day, I was at JapanExpo@Paris (to hear angela live for the first time, awesome in between) with some pro-wanna-be-friends that spent half the expo trying to draw manga characters, and I was amazed that despite using a touchpad to draw for a couple of years now, I can still work pretty well with pencil'n'paper, particularly without any model (living or drawn), afterall practice really pays off... I hope I can get back to my scanner back in London soon, so I use both approaches (analog and digital), not one or the other :(

Seitsuki 2013-07-09 03:36

It's Shaft. They totally knew what they were doing. Perverts.

Btw where'd her left leg go? :heh:

Malkuth 2013-09-10 10:46

I guess the beginning of the story should be safe enough for the forum :uhoh:

http://i.imgur.com/RuU6aJul.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/W1wCFUil.jpg

It starts like the original from Naruco Haneharu, but as some of you already know takes a very dark turn pretty soon.

Oh! and drawing clothes is really hard :heh: