AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Something to watch between NHK. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=35493)

noisytime 2006-08-23 03:33

Something to watch between NHK.

Right now my anime viewing efforts are squarely focused on NHK, with brief detours into Akagi and Mushishi, and recently Powerpuff Girls Z and Kemonozume, but waiting for the next episode of NHK is becoming hazardous to my inner sense of serenity. So maybe someone can suggest a series to take my mind off NHK. Preferably something heavy on character development a la NHK.

Btw, please don't say H&C, (I didn't like Season 2 as much Season 1, so I put it on pause).

Budweineken 2006-08-23 05:05

What about Major or Capeta for some sports action? Both have enough character development in it, Major at least has plenty of drama in it.

mit7059 2006-08-23 11:18

Well have you watched the Melancoly of Haruhi Suzumiya? Most people compair NHK to that.

Akeval 2006-08-23 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mit7059
Well have you watched the Melancoly of Haruhi Suzumiya? Most people compair NHK to that.

I was thinking the same thing, both of these animes really make you wonder, i guess thats why i would compare them.

But yeah ill second that one, you should really see that anime, and dont let the 1st episode throw you off...it has nothing to do with the actual series

FireDetei 2006-08-23 15:24

well it does, but its with the ep listing being outta whack makes it kinda confusing.

noisytime 2006-08-23 16:24

Guys, I'm on the internet -- how could I possibly ignore Haruhi? I've been done with Haruhi for a while.

Major sounds good, I'll give it a watch. I just don't like this one part in the synopsis on AniDB: "But when an unspeakable tragedy visits the family, it will take everything they have to pick up the pieces and reclaim their dreams." I'm trying to avoid anime with: dead family members, handicappped overachievers, amnesiac victims of severe trauma, etc. because I'm a cynical prick. Still, thanks for the recommendations.

miaka 2006-08-24 08:50

xxxHolic - its very episodic that deals with story related to japanese folklore and horrors.
or you might want some dose of light comedy show like
Saiunkoku Monogatari and Ouran High School Host Club

Taylor-- 2006-08-25 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisytime
Major sounds good, I'll give it a watch. I just don't like this one part in the synopsis on AniDB: "But when an unspeakable tragedy visits the family, it will take everything they have to pick up the pieces and reclaim their dreams." I'm trying to avoid anime with: dead family members, handicappped overachievers, amnesiac victims of severe trauma, etc. because I'm a cynical prick. Still, thanks for the recommendations.

Major's a really good anime, but yeah it does have a depressing mood for awhile. But in a way it doesn't hit you as a suprise because for some retarded reason the opening itself spoils it for you.. maybe to soften the blow? :heh:

Isamu Daisen 2006-08-25 05:05

Nana is big in character development. Paradise Kiss is good too but its only 12 episodes.

CrYsYs 2006-08-25 06:40

Beck is another unique anime about this guy in school, who really doesn't know what to do in life, suddenly meet someone that made his own rockband. As he made acquaintences with him, he started to gain a lot of interest in playing the guitar and eventually singing. Great character development IMO.

Aishiteru ze Baby is another one. Although it may be a little too cute for you, it definitely has great character development that will simply touch you. A guy in high school is popular with the girls and is pretty much a player. One day his parents told him that he has to take care of their little girl nephew. He slowly accepts this and as he cares for her, you can see him change throughout the series as he starts caring for her as if he was her mother(XD yea mother).

Other than those two you might wanna try out Nana and Paradise Kiss as how the above poster stated.