AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Rozen Maiden (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Rozen Maiden (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=19318)

Onizuka-GTO 2004-10-25 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by daft27
I know exactly what you mean. In the first half of the episode, Jun just did nothing but disgust with his attitude towards everything. I was thinking that the Rozen Maiden sent to him was something of evil (judging from the opening sequence) but now it looks like the doll will actually help nuture Jun into a better person.

On another note, Jun's character design reminds me a lot of Neneko from DearS.

Actually Jun is suffering from depression and bullying

He is Hikimori (I think that's how you spell it)

Its the cultural condition suffered by 71% of male teenagers, that have no social interaction skills, suffering from bullying, fear of the outside they lock themselves in their rooms, play games, miss school and refuse to come out for nothing.
Some have been known to suffer up to 6yrs before slowly recovering and coming out again to pick up their broken lives.

Its a very serious problem and isn't help by the "softly-softly" approach ingrained into Japanese health professions and society in general, where even the parents fear getting help, in case the neighbours find out.

:(

It's great that Jun has a great sister, who is trying to help him.

I guess it takes a western approach to help Jun, hence his dutch wif- er i mean Rozen.

and dammn she's a cute little, doll killing thing.

I want to get one for my sisters. (honest! Not that i don't want one too....)
:D

ChainLegacy 2004-10-25 17:10

Well, with my schedule tightening up I find myself downloading more and more anime and this happened to be one of the new series I checked out.

My initial reaction was confusion, but looking back on this, it looks like it has the potential to be a cool series. Not sure how well it'll live up to that potential, though.

Melty Snow 2004-10-25 21:13

Being slapped and headbutted by a doll may make Jun even more depressed :(. Then get a whole harem of dolls to slap him..... Ugh if Jun turns out to have a harem of dolls then... that would be kind of cool. But what isn't cool is that his sister looks like she might have a brother complex. Enough with those already, most of those aren't even interesting.

Thelastguardian 2004-10-25 23:15

Spoiler:

Wandering_Youth 2004-10-26 03:35

I actually like the opening and the song was charming in a dark way. They did a fine job of drawing Shinku because she give's off that whole European doll look nicely . Ha, I usually hates those kinds of dolls because they're sort of creepy, imo...that and clowns. For a min after the doll fight scene, I thought Jun had sold his soul to Shinku or something, but I was wrong. It's still pretty bad though since he getting owned by a doll :). Anyway, this looks like another fun anime to watch, imo.

Onizuka-GTO 2004-10-26 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I actually like the opening and the song was charming in a dark way. They did a fine job of drawing Shinku because she give's off that whole European doll look nicely . Ha, I usually hates those kinds of dolls because they're sort of creepy, imo...that and clowns. For a min after the doll fight scene, I thought Jun had sold his soul to Shinku or something, but I was wrong. It's still pretty bad though since he getting owned by a doll :). Anyway, this looks like another fun anime to watch, imo.

Oh god. im absolutely petrified of those dolls (yeah, im a 21yr old bloke who's scared of dolls. its better then of spiders though)

I remember once, that auntie had some in a room, and they were on the shelves, and since she was painting the room, she had white sheets on the funiture. I remember running into that room, during hide & seek, and it was dark and the moon was shining in, and it fell onto one of the dolls. AND I FRIGGING SWEAR IT LOOKED AT MEE!!! THESE DOLLS ARE FRIGGING SATAN!!!
:uhoh: :help:

*cough*

um...yeah. I need to see a shrink or something, dammn that still scares me....

cindialai 2004-10-26 13:55

Dolls depends on how they look
 
Usually most dolls on the market looks like toys not human like so they aren't that scary like barbie...
I would personally want a talking walking speaking doll but not one that slaps me like the rozen maiden #5 doll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Oh god. im absolutely petrified of those dolls (yeah, im a 21yr old bloke who's scared of dolls. its better then of spiders though)

I remember once, that auntie had some in a room, and they were on the shelves, and since she was painting the room, she had white sheets on the funiture. I remember running into that room, during hide & seek, and it was dark and the moon was shining in, and it fell onto one of the dolls. AND I FRIGGING SWEAR IT LOOKED AT MEE!!! THESE DOLLS ARE FRIGGING SATAN!!!
:uhoh: :help:

*cough*

um...yeah. I need to see a shrink or something, dammn that still scares me....


KoroshiyaX 2004-10-26 14:29

Onizuka-GTO,

I heard Chucky makes a guest appearance in Ep4 =)

j/k

Himemiyadesu 2004-10-26 19:59

I definitely think a Boy-is-Girls-Slave theme is going to be a new trend! I like it better than the harem concept.

Rozen Maiden so far looks VERY good. I was skeptical about it, thinking it was just a lolicon-G&L anime, but so far the doll isn't "Wah I am so little take care of me!". I love the boy-slaps.

Wisely 2004-10-27 06:29

Dolls fighting isn't really my type, I am scared of dolls due to a certain movie...

The slave concept wasn't new but at least not as overused as harem concept, might just download a few episodes more to see what the main story is like

Btw, Jun is dislikable but at least his master Shinku is cute :)

Muir Woods 2004-10-30 17:49

I just watched Ayu's episode 02, and Ayu's sub seems to be in higher (video) quality and in widescreen! They did a wonderful job in Shinobu-den, so I'm switching to them now (sorry A-Keep :heh: ).

Spoiler:


I like it so far.

lamer_de 2004-10-30 18:30

Keep will redo 01 in widescreen as well, it's just that the widescreen raws are aired a good time later and weren't available the time we released 01 (at least to my knowledge).

CU,
lamer_de

Tiamat's Disciple 2004-10-30 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I just watched Ayu's episode 02, and Ayu's sub seems to be in higher (video) quality and in widescreen! They did a wonderful job in Shinobu-den, so I'm switching to them now (sorry A-Keep :heh: ).

Spoiler:


I like it so far.


I loved this episode, Shinku just gets better and better hehe

Spoiler:

Onizuka-GTO 2004-10-30 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taliesin
Edited:
Spoiler:


HIGHLANDER!!!!!


ah.. sorry. *cough*

I dunno what set that off.....

:D

But dammn i can't wait for this episode!

:D :D

Wandering_Youth 2004-10-30 21:36

Jeez, I knew her sis Nori was dense, but to try and catch a shoot star? :heh: I like this episode since Shinku got to show off some of her fighting skills and her cute sides. At the end of the episode I thought Hina was going to make Nori her medium, the seem to go well together.

Thelastguardian 2004-10-30 23:52

esp2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I thought Hina was going to make Nori her medium, the seem to go well together.

To give such a mentally unbalance doll the power to corrupt again? I will pass :) .


Rozen Maiden has just become the most anticipate series of this season. I could sort of see where is show is going and how the plot will float again. Frankly I have high hope on this show :D .

stormy001_M1A2 2004-10-31 00:18

Interesting series, but it could go wrong very easily

hunterx 2004-10-31 01:18

meh what's up with these people and dolls. From pokemon to GITS, this doll theme is quite pervasive. Rozen Maiden.. dolls with emotional problems? I'll stick around for a couple of more episodes to see how it turns out.

randall 2004-10-31 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I just watched Ayu's episode 02, and Ayu's sub seems to be in higher (video) quality and in widescreen! They did a wonderful job in Shinobu-den, so I'm switching to them now (sorry A-Keep :heh: ).

Spoiler:


I like it so far.


Thanks for your support but A-Keep is good too ;D
You should consider keeping both ^^

Tiamat's Disciple 2004-10-31 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by randall
Thanks for your support but A-Keep is good too ;D
You should consider keeping both ^^

the thing i like about your subs, over AK was the lack of the roses on the opening credits. They looked awsome true, but they made reading the subs damned near impossible for me. So yours gave me a chance to fully read the subs.

That said, anyone else feel a little creeped by the opening song :P


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.