AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   (L) [Manga] Umineko no Naku Koro ni (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68716)

kj1980 2008-07-13 01:54

[Manga] Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Completely forgot about creating Umineko manga thread when it has been released. Created in manga section, most likely will be moved over to its own sub-forum once anime is aired.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wikipedia
Umineko no Naku Koro ni on wikipedia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of June 21, 2008:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Ep. 1 Legend of the Golden Witch
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...tGW-manga1.jpg http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...tGW-manga2.jpg http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...tGW-manga3.jpg

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Ep. 2 Turn of the Golden Witch
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...tGW-manga1.jpg

Meirin 2008-07-15 11:00

I saw a copy of the tankoubon in my local Japanese bookshop the other day and was debating whether to order it from Amazon.jp or pay 3 times the original price. :rolleyes:

The cover features Maria and Battler, click the thumbnail for the larger version.
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5...s500up4.th.jpg

unasuvas 2008-07-24 21:17

Hello! This is unasuvas of Sea Cat Scans, the group that scanlated the first 3 chapters of the Umineko manga. I'm glad to say that after months of waiting, we finally got a hold of the raws for chapters 4 - 7 for Episode 1: Legend of the Golden Witch, as well as the first chapter of Episode 2: Turn of the Golden Witch. (Thanks to the people at jCafe and the people at this forum that pointed out the way :heh:)

Serenade_beta will be translating them all and I'll be editing as usual but it might take a while until we release it. But I just wanna give you guys a heads up.

Meirin 2008-07-26 07:21

That's excellent news! Many thanks to unasuvas, serenade_beta and everyone at Sea Cat Scans. I'll be looking forward to the releases. :)

Dreamiel 2008-07-30 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by unasuvas (Post 1754273)
Hello! This is unasuvas of Sea Cat Scans, the group that scanlated the first 3 chapters of the Umineko manga. I'm glad to say that after months of waiting, we finally got a hold of the raws for chapters 4 - 7 for Episode 1: Legend of the Golden Witch, as well as the first chapter of Episode 2: Turn of the Golden Witch. (Thanks to the people at jCafe and the people at this forum that pointed out the way :heh:)

Serenade_beta will be translating them all and I'll be editing as usual but it might take a while until we release it. But I just wanna give you guys a heads up.

Can't wait ^_^

Woodskull 2008-08-04 19:20

(Sorry for being so slow. Didn't see this thread earlier^^)

This is great! You did a great job on the one chapter I've read by SeaCatScans!

Anyways, does anyone know how close to the story in the games the manga is? I'm currently debating wether or not I should try to play the games, or if I can just read the manga. Wouldn't want to miss out on a lot of story^^.

Nabiki Asakura 2008-08-05 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodskull (Post 1779840)
(Sorry for being so slow. Didn't see this thread earlier^^)

This is great! You did a great job on the one chapter I've read by SeaCatScans!

Anyways, does anyone know how close to the story in the games the manga is? I'm currently debating wether or not I should try to play the games, or if I can just read the manga. Wouldn't want to miss out on a lot of story^^.

The mangá is the same, the difference is that they just cut off in the mangá unnecessary and boring scenes like the one when they keep talking waiting the airplane in the game. Well, that's what I think, maybe other people can consider this scenes important XD

Spoiler:

Klashikari 2008-08-05 10:02

They don't always cut "unecessary" things. In some instances, they skipped a bit too much. For instance, the siblings combined attack against Krauss and the reversal of the situation was so digest that the tension is almost laughable.

It is keeping its essences, but the manga is taking sometimes toop much shortcuts.

Asmodeus 2008-08-08 09:20

But...Did you all see the manga's ending ?

d-one 2008-08-08 09:53

the manga not end yet

Asmodeus 2008-08-08 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-one (Post 1787926)
the manga not end yet

Ok..thanks...
Did anyone know what is the last episode from the manga at the moment:confused:

Woodskull 2008-08-09 03:38

I think it's chapter 6, "Eternal Promise". It's the first chapter of the second volume!

Asmodeus 2008-08-09 03:43

Ok thanks...
and anyone knows a page where I can see the manga until chapter 6 ?

Woodskull 2008-08-11 16:52

If you look at the third post in the thread you will see that unasuvas is working on chapters 4-7 as we speak. So, you'll just have to wait. They're doing a great job, and great jobs take some time : >

Ayu-ayu 2008-08-14 18:33

Enjoying the manga a lot, thanks unasuvas and the Sea Cat team! I prefer this translation style over that of the sound novel so far, in fact. Will still follow both of course...

Little Machi 2008-08-28 03:45

How is the translation coming?O_o

unasuvas 2008-08-28 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Machi (Post 1843801)
How is the translation coming?O_o

Still working on it. Slowly... but surely. Serenade_beta has done a fantastic job on the translations but I still have to clean the pages and typeset it. But if you would like to see the scanlation status, I posted a little something on my LJ. It shows exactly how many pages are done so far, so I hope that helps.

So please, be patient. We're really working hard on this. :heh:

Little Machi 2008-08-28 04:09

Don't assume someone is being impatient just because they're asking for an update after a while.^^;

unasuvas 2008-08-28 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Machi (Post 1843844)
Don't assume someone is being impatient just because they're asking for an update after a while.^^;

:heh::heh:
I wasn't assuming you were impatient or anything. 'Be patient' just sounded like the right thing to say since I knew that Sea Cat Scans was taking a while for it's release. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Sterling01 2008-08-28 11:25

@unasuvas: just so you know Chapter 8 of episode 1 is out and floating around

unasuvas 2008-08-28 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 1844616)
@unasuvas: just so you know Chapter 8 of episode 1 is out and floating around

Thanks for the heads up! :D
If I manage to find the raws before I finish scanlating the current chapters, I'll try to release all of them at once.
But I can't seem to find them at jCafe at the moment. I'll just have to keep searching~ :heh:

d-one 2008-09-01 04:39

Get the raw for chapter 8-9 :cool:

but What the-!

Spoiler for Umineko manga chapter 9:

that's creepy....

vandakiara 2008-09-02 08:13

ano... I was trying to wait but my addiction is bigger...
well, I can't buy the game since my country is like, the end of the world.. -.-
and I can't read japanese either.. so all I have of umineko is what's online... and translated..

unasuvas I know you want to release everything at once, but you already have chpater 4 finished right? if you could just send it to me or release it...
I know I'm being selfish and everything and I don't even know if I'm allowed to ask... it's just that I want to know what happens so bad...

thanks in advance ^^

Proto 2008-09-02 08:17

Quote:

Both Paletweb and HimeyaShop have shipping available to Portugal, so no worries there. As for the game, the first episode has been translated by The With Hunt. Check the game forum, umineko translation thread for more information.

vandakiara 2008-09-02 13:00

Quote:

Both Paletweb and HimeyaShop have shipping available to Portugal, so no worries there.
oh yeah, I had already seen it... problem is I don't have a credit card *naturally cuz I'm still underage* and my parents don't either so it's impossible for me to order it... :'( *I have the english patch on my pc already... but I still need the game :(*

but I'll see that thread thanks :)

Nabiki Asakura 2008-09-02 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandakiara (Post 1860163)
ano... I was trying to wait but my addiction is bigger...

two here, I understand how you're felling, not a chance to realease the manga in Portugal?(Even in Portugal, since it's portuguese too I can read normally S2)

Onee-chan doing her good job like ever, The Seacat Scans have already a site?

vandakiara 2008-09-02 19:15

Hmm, even if they release it in Portugal it'll never be in portuguese.

Everytime I search for manga here it's always either english or french...

Well, not that I mind the english since I'm used to it so yeah.

Even if the released it only in english it would so perfect... unfortunately, that's not the case... :(

oh well, I can always wait for the nice people who release the translated and cleaned chapters.

Quote:

oh yeah, that's right. The Seacat Scans should have a site. I actually googled it but got no results so I guess there's no site yet :(

unasuvas 2008-09-03 01:18

Here's a little update! As of right now, serenade_beta has completely translated ch. 04 - 07 of Episode 1 and ch. 01 of Episode 2. I should be finishing the scanlation for ch. 05 by the end of this week. As for the other chapters, I'm not all too sure but I might be able to finish them in two to three weeks time at the earliest.

Proudfer of the Spanish scanlation team is helping me clean some of the pages so that will pick up the pace quite nicely. Thank you all for being so patient. I hope you all will be satisfied with the end result.

Oh and the raws for ch. 08 - 09 have been received (courtesy of Sterling01) as well as ch. 02 of Episode 02 (courtesy of jCafe). They won't be included in the 'package' so you'll have to wait a bit longer for those scanlations. So sorry~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura (Post 1862016)

:heh::heh: Thanks for the compliment onee-chan, though I don't even know how to make a personal site... that's why all the scans so far are posted in my livejournal or hosted by Gaku Gaku Animal Land.

serenade_beta 2008-09-03 20:43

A few thoughts of the story so far:

Episode 1-

-...Well, the art is great. Shows plenty of emotion and the "crazy" moments are done really well... Ah-ah, creepy (in a good meaning).

-I'm not going to bother speculating on who is the killer/reason of death. Whether it's Beatrice, Leon, Barney, Light or someone else, I'll find out sooner or later... That, and more important info get revealed later... That, and just 'cause...
Still... Whoever did the murders is really, really sick... *prays the corpses don't pop up in nightmares*

-George is, surprisingly to me, not that much of a wimp (hetare)... Though too bad his death was confirmed the moment he appeared in this series... Wonder how many times he and Shannon will get killed before the end.

-Maria... is just freaky... Horribly, horribly freaky... Rika was one thing, but Maria really is just creepy. And not even her usual "cuteness" can negate it... Chapter 9's Maria was exceptionally creepy, talking about Hebrew language and other occult stuff with that broken expression.
(Oh! Kaiba... *laugh*)

-Who's Enje...?

-I'd be least saddest when Eva dies... Keh.

-Wah... I'm going to have some fun trying to figure out all of those hard-to-see kanji in the black area in chp.9... First time I thought the scan quality is bad... (>_>)
...I'll have to try and keep chp.8 as non-vulgar as I can... Too much swearing by characters...

--

Episode 2-

-*deletes file* *re-downloads*...When did this become some romance story...

-...And here we have half the page amount for each chapter. *laugh*

-The art... isn't all that great for some characters. Shannon and George look good, but Eva and Natsuhi have gotten older and Jessica looks younger (though since Battler isn't here, I guess this takes place in the past)...

-The word "yandere" pops up in my head...

Sterling01 2008-09-03 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1864979)
-Who's Enje...?

She's Battler's sister... BTW it's read as "Ange"
Quote:

...I'll have to try and keep chp.8 as non-vulgar as I can... Too much swearing by characters...

Well with Battler's mouth in episode 2.... I wish you luck:heh::heh:
Quote:

-...And here we have half the page amount for each chapter. *laugh*

That's because they can't have some "things" happen until episode 1 is done

Asmodeus 2008-09-09 15:02

How long it lacks for leaves chapter 4 in English?
I want to see all cahapters...but I don't found the raws on Internet...

Klashikari 2008-09-09 15:04

Quote:

-*deletes file* *re-downloads*...When did this become some romance story...

It isn't. But there are serious romance in the whole franchise, episode 1 included anyway. Episode 2 just unfolds more about that, but it will be hardly the central theme.

Benny1 2008-09-12 06:12

I found something at a japanese bookstore related to Umineko, with "The First Case" on the cover. Was it a doujin collection or what? I didn't buy it out of sheer lack of interest, though :<

Sterling01 2008-09-12 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny1 (Post 1891701)
I found something at a japanese bookstore related to Umineko, with "The First Case" on the cover. Was it a doujin collection or what? I didn't buy it out of sheer lack of interest, though :<

Yeah, it's a doujin collection. It's pretty funny

vandakiara 2008-09-20 12:58

wow since when are umineko threads this... unactive? x')

I thought this would have about 10 pages by now... and there's only 2 O.o
well, probably because there's only been 3 chapters translated and released untill now, but still...

Oh, about that... does anyone *editors/translators/...* knows when the next chapters are going to be released?
like if it's in the next few weeks or by December... *just to have an idea and not to be so anxious everyday waiting :p*

unasuvas 2008-09-20 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandakiara (Post 1916531)
Oh, about that... does anyone *editors/translators/...* knows when the next chapters are going to be released?
like if it's in the next few weeks or by December... *just to have an idea and not to be so anxious everyday waiting :p*

Sorry it's taking so long. School life is the main reason I haven't been scanlating as fast but I'm also waiting on another cleaner who offered to clean some of the chapters. I think a rough estimate of when we'll be done with Chapters 04 -07... bafore the end of October? I know it's a long way off but we're working on it! :heh::heh:

vandakiara 2008-09-20 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by unasuvas (Post 1916573)
Sorry it's taking so long. School life is the main reason I haven't been scanlating as fast but I'm also waiting on another cleaner who offered to clean some of the chapters. I think a rough estimate of when we'll be done with Chapters 04 -07... bafore the end of October? I know it's a long way off but we're working on it! :heh::heh:

oh it's alright ;) I have my own busy school life too so I understand :p

thanks for the estimate :D *and for working on it too :) if you dind't do it I dunno how I could read it :p*

HigurashiRika_04621 2008-09-21 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by unasuvas (Post 1862888)
Oh and the raws for ch. 08 - 09 have been received (courtesy of Sterling01) as well as ch. 02 of Episode 02 (courtesy of jCafe). They won't be included in the 'package' so you'll have to wait a bit longer for those scanlations. So sorry~

When you say package...please don't tell me you'll group chapters 4-7 in one giant file. @.@ Oh the fears of a noobish girl with dialup. >>"

unasuvas 2008-09-21 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 (Post 1920275)

When you say package...please don't tell me you'll group chapters 4-7 in one giant file. @.@ Oh the fears of a noobish girl with dialup. >>"

Don't worry, I'll split them up for you and anyone else on dial-up when I post them. (Oh, I remember those horrible, horrible days when I had dial-up as well, so I feel for you guys!)

vandakiara 2008-09-24 04:14

oh that's right, just a question

I usually read it on onemanga... but you're going to release it for download, right unasuvas? if that's the case, were will I be able to download it after it's been released?