AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 705 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118821)

marvelB 2013-04-10 02:40

One Piece - Chapter 705 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Gonna let Aohige take care of the summary this week. ;)

aohige 2013-04-10 02:41

Thank you.
Spoiler:

marvelB 2013-04-10 02:51

Thanks for the summary, as always!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 4629393)
Fujitora heads to Green Bit, and orders three warships from the HQ.
He finds the number of people they need to protect is more crucial than the number of enemies that must be defeated.

Wait, so does this mean that Fujitora is NOT the blind man after all? Or does this mean he left the stadium? :confused:

Quote:

Law's group disguised themselves and arrived at the Green Bit bridge. While they're having tea and gathering info, CP-0 appears.
Official name is Cypher Pol Aegis Zero

Holy crap, I totally called a new CP group appearing in the NW. I was expecting a CP10, though. Either way, this is awesome. :)

Quote:

Meanwhile, Sanji is taking out a sniper for Violet.

Wait, does this mean that Sanji becomes a sniper himself, or the guy Violet wants dead is a sniper? I'm a little confused here. :confused:

Also, can't wait to finally see that Balto Romeo guy (or whatever he's called)! Dude sounds like a real beast if he's ALSO capable of making fodder out of a VA....

aohige 2013-04-10 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4629402)
Thanks for the summary, as always!

Wait, so does this mean that Fujitora is NOT the blind man after all? Or does this mean he left the stadium? :confused:

Holy crap, I totally called a new CP group appearing in the NW. I was expecting a CP10, though. Either way, this is awesome. :)

Wait, does this mean that Sanji becomes a sniper himself, or the guy Violet wants dead is a sniper? I'm a little confused here. :confused:

Also, can't wait to finally see that Balto Romeo guy (or whatever he's called)! Dude sounds like a real beast if he's ALSO capable of making fodder out of a VA....

Sorry, left out the first part of the T spoiler
No, T confirmed the blind man is Admiral Fujitora, and his name is Isshou.

So he left the colosseum it seems. And Sanji seems to be taking out a sniper, at Violet's request. (as in, probably kicking the sniper's ass)
Not much details on that matter since T hasn't read it, he's just going off on what his wife has.

marvelB 2013-04-10 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 4629408)
Sorry, left out the first part of the T spoiler
No, T confirmed the blind man is Admiral Fujitora, and his name is Isshou.

Thanks, that was the main thing I wanted clarified. Glad to see Oda already got that out of the way and saved us several more chapters of baseless speculation. :)

Rawrz 2013-04-10 04:43

Fujitora confirmation is awesome. Now all mystery is up to earth logia or something gravity based.
CP0 is meh. I wonder if they are just replacements like the rest of those agents in sea train. Because this arc already has more than enough main villains. However, adding sthem into this eems interesting.
Im glad that CP is becoming a more frequent threat.

While at it, I'd really like Lucci to appear here. May sound random at first but he has a few reasons to join into this. Killing without penalty being the simplest one...or CP0 being here... (If Spandam controls all CP cells but 9 that is)

james0246 2013-04-10 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4629411)
Thanks, that was the main thing I wanted clarified. Glad to see Oda already got that out of the way and saved us several more chapters of baseless speculation. :)

Pish Posh. Baseless speculation is the bread and butter of Animesuki. :).

Can't wait to see more of this Balto Romeo character now. Sounds fun.

Also, can't help but appreciate the large amount of movement in this character. Lots of story development all in one sitting.

Eleutheria 2013-04-10 09:10

Rather disjointed chapter, even though Oda usually excels at multiple subplots interweaving into one major storyline / major message. I'm hoping he'll pull it off in the end, but at this point there's zero connection whatsoever in between most of the developments in this chapter.

Best_name_ever 2013-04-10 09:26

Its actually CP10 if I'm not mistaken.

More intro's to new character and finally get conformation of the blind man being a marine soldier (admiral fujitora) but I'm waiting for the English scans for more verification.

Seriously though, I think its pretty obvious now that Doflamingo is really connected in the underworld with all these guys popping up now, there bound to be chaos soon. It also is a testament as to how dangerous Joker is, which is all the more reason Luffy needs to gain more battle experience (the Colosseum) since I have said before, Luffy is the type of guy learns with pain and experience rather than talent or self-training methods.

Best_name_ever 2013-04-10 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawrz (Post 4629481)
Fujitora confirmation is awesome. Now all mystery is up to earth logia or something gravity based.
CP0 is meh. I wonder if they are just replacements like the rest of those agents in sea train. Because this arc already has more than enough main villains. However, adding sthem into this eems interesting.
Im glad that CP is becoming a more frequent threat.

While at it, I'd really like Lucci to appear here. May sound random at first but he has a few reasons to join into this. Killing without penalty being the simplest one...or CP0 being here... (If Spandam controls all CP cells but 9 that is)

Or it could be managed by Spadine (Spandam's father). Who knows.

Best_name_ever 2013-04-10 10:06

Random note here guys.

Will still don't know much about Rebecca's past but she does seem to hold a grudge against Doflamingo that's for sure.

She maybe a Straw hat candidate to become the next crew member or maybe not.
She may be the one Luffy decides to give the Mera Mera fruit or maybe not.

If she does obtain the Mera Mera fruit by the end of the arc, how long will it take to master it? It's not easy to perfect or training your devil fruit power and it takes lots of time. And since the straw hats are in the New World, its only would make it more complicated for Rebecca now, since the New World is no joke, however she may be a genius or talented unlike other people (Luffy). Remember that when Ace left Fuusha village to adventure the ocean and seek new crew members, he didn't have a devil fruit power then and managed to become a notorious rookie in less than 3 years with his devil fruit power (Ace obtained the Mera Mera fruit during his adventure). It took luffy approximately 14-15 years to master the basics of his devil fruit power. I like Luffy but he is slow minded. Will see though.

ronin myael 2013-04-10 10:38

holy crap, i noticed that there are currently 230 guests checking out this thread! where the heck is the chapter?! it should be here by now. :confused:

Trax 2013-04-10 11:02

Looks like things will get a lot more complicated than expected, with the marines taking inventory of possible adversaries, CP-0 showing up, and the blind man revealed to be Fujitora. Awesome! Law is rightly concerned that the country is NOT in chaos, which would have made it easier to get their plan underway. There are a ton of plot threads ongoing, with the factory group being entirely split up now and doing their own things. Oh boy.

Look like Bartolomeo will win block B, apparently he's a pretty nasty fellow.

james0246 2013-04-10 11:29

Bartolomeo for crew mate!

Decent chapter. A little too much going on, but it's nice to get the mystery of the Admiral out of the way (though it begs the question of why he was even partially hidden to begin with). And Caeser in costume was hilarious.

ronin myael 2013-04-10 11:30

too much going on in this chapter, a little difficult to follow but still pretty interesting. i'm just glad that oda just went out and confirmed fujitora's identity, i was worried he would drag it on for several chapters.

mrShady 2013-04-10 12:16

Damn, this arc could be huge, just defining all the different story arcs will take a couple of weeks and then there's the original mission.
This might well take a year or 2... Awesome, but confusing at the same time.

danielevo 2013-04-10 12:17

I want to ask, who exactly stole zoro sword? is it really a fairy or just an ordinary person? then who is the winner between Bartolomeo and VA ? im so confused here :eyespin:

Onibur 2013-04-10 12:26

^Bartolomeo, so much for the new VA and henchman >.>
Oh, and a fairy took his sword.

Kanon 2013-04-10 13:09

That Bartolomeo fellow sure seems dangerous. He took out a VA like it was nothing. He's definitely going to win the B block.

I'm liking Fujitora more and more. His first priority is to protect the innocent citizens of the country. I'm a bit surprised Akainu chose a person like him to be admiral. I thought his admirals would be a bit more ruthless and bloodthirsty.

SilverSyko 2013-04-10 13:38

So many sub-plots. It'll be a challenge balancing all of these at once.

To summarize:

Luffy - Fighting in a tournament for the Mera Mera no mi
Zoro - Chasing after a "fairy" that stole his sword, seems whatever stole it indeed isn't human
Nami, Chopper, Brook and Momonosuke - Guarding the Sunny, seems there may be an unexpected guest onboard
Usopp, Robin, Law and Caesar - Going to cross the dangerous bridge to Green Bit, but have an unexpected run-in with Cipher Pol Aegis 0
Sanji - Mucking around trying to impress Violet, hard to say who that sniper was and what he was trying to do though
Franky - Following the only lead they have about the factory from the toy soldier
Kinemon - Confronted by thugs at gunpoint who have knowledge about Kanjurou

Kind of funny how Franky is the only productive member of the factory team right now. :heh:

And is it really any surprise the blind man was Fujitora? I'm getting Sabaody flashbacks, but I guess the Strawhats should be able to hold their ground much easier this time around.

Balto Romeo is probably going to win the B block. It'd be funny if Cavendish is the one of the guys that gets owned by him. :p