AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Maria-sama (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [POLL] Favourite Maria-sama ga Miteru character (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7309)

SleeplessHeart 2004-02-13 08:39

[POLL] Favourite Maria-sama ga Miteru character

Who is your most favourite character?

Rosa Chinensis for me: Wisdom, leadership and beauty within a person

pkgirl163 2004-02-13 08:58

I like all the characters a lot (well, Eriko is kind of weird and we don't know much about her yet, so everyone but her), but after the end of ep 6 I guess I have to say Sei. :love:

lordwu 2004-02-13 09:14

My vote goes to Rosa Gigantea as well. She has so many different characters in her. She can be naughtily playful at times and extremely caring at others. She can be cheerful and sentimental. Although I like all of the characters in marimite, Sei is still the best. :)

Lanimoo 2004-02-13 09:15

seino houga sukidesu!!!!! I think sei is pretty much the most straightforward person out of the bunch. the voice actress for sei is the prettiest too!

SleeplessHeart 2004-02-13 18:01

Quite an unexpected result so far. Rosa Gigantea is the most favourite person

lordwu 2004-02-13 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart

It's not quite unexpected. ;) I think japanese fans also like Rosa Gigantea the best.

kj1980 2004-02-13 19:25

Quote:

Not really...out of the three former oneesama-gata, Rosa Gigantea makes the most appearances in the novels, and she does tend to be with Yumi-chan alot.

By the way, you have your "titles" wrong:

x Rosa Chinensis petit soeur (Yumi)
x Rosa Foetida petit soeur (Yoshino)

they should be:
o Rosa Chinensis en bouton petit soeur (Fukuzawa Yumi)
o Rosa Foetida en bouton petit soeur (Shimadu Yoshino)

kj1980 2004-02-13 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
Not really...out of the three former oneesama-gata, Rosa Gigantea makes the most appearances in the novels, and she does tend to be with Yumi-chan alot.

they should be:

...either way, I chose Shimadu Yoshino for her energetic behavior...

Keitaro 2004-02-14 01:52

This poll really belongs in the General Anime Forum. Remember the Fansub Forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs.

Thread moved -> General Anime Forum

SleeplessHeart 2004-02-14 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keitaro
This poll really belongs in the General Anime Forum. Remember the Fansub Forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs.

Thread moved -> General Anime Forum

Sorry, I believe you are wrong on this. Maria-sama ga miteru is only available in fan-sub since it is just started in january 2004.

Could any admins return the thread to the fansub forum?

Keitaro 2004-02-14 05:28

Quote:

Sorry, I believe you are wrong on this. Maria-sama ga miteru is only available in fan-sub since it is just started in january 2004.

Could any admins return the thread to the fansub forum?

Yeah I was wrong and I apologize. I had Nosanninwa move it back to the fansubs forum.

xris 2004-02-14 05:38

Quote:

Sorry, I believe you are wrong on this.

Each to his or her own...

Polls like this are borderline as to where they should exist. The Fansub forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs. This sort of poll isn't really about discussion of the series but just requests a 'one-shot' opinion (yes, yes, I know that opinion will form part of discussion but the poll by it's nature doesn't invite debate).

IMHO, it's only the posts by kj1980 (which as usual provide some interesting insight into anime from a Japanese point of view) which raise this thread above the rather meaningless "What type are you" class of threads.

So, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be in the General Anime forum, I certainly prefer to see the Fansub forum contain threads about debate and discussion and a lot of the polls there do not provide this. And don't take that as a negative view to this thread, I'm just as interested in the topic as are many others and I don't want to inhibit people from post to it. It's just that Keitaro felt it was better suited in this forum and I see no reason to disagree with him.

Lanimoo 2004-02-14 14:16

ahhh!!! Yumi is catching up with Sei! We need more people to vote!!! 25 folks is not enough....

laurore31 2004-02-14 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanimoo
ahhh!!! Yumi is catching up with Sei! We need more people to vote!!! 25 folks is not enough....

lol I voted for Sachiko. but I lengthily hesitated between Sei and Sachiko. I thought that Sei would be the first, this is why I voted for Sachiko.

SCR512 2004-02-14 20:27

I voted for Rei, cause she looks like a guy and that show needs more guys.. muhahaha

Lanimoo 2004-02-14 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCR512
I voted for Rei, cause she looks like a guy and that show needs more guys.. muhahaha

ahhhhhhh!!!!!! tsk tsk bad excuse... so you would've voted for Yumi's brother or even Suburu if they were on the list? aww...

SleeplessHeart 2004-02-15 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980

they should be:

I just borrowed a margaret magazine from my friend.
I think you are right. The manga convention is using "Rosa Chinensis en bouton petit soeur" term. From Anime episode one, Rosa Chinesis told Sachiko that she is the "Grande Soeur", so I assume that Yumi will be automatically become his "petit soeur".

Back to the current result, I assume that shoujo fans prefer energetic, independent and care-free characters like Rosa Gigantea (Sei).

Kurara 2004-02-15 01:06

I'm not sure if I remember the names correctly.. But so far, Yoshino is my favorite because I can relate to her. I also like Shimako because she seems to be very gentle and nice.

laurore31 2004-02-15 21:33

Quote:

I just borrowed a margaret magazine from my friend.
I think you are right. The manga convention is using "Rosa Chinensis en bouton petit soeur" term. From Anime episode one, Rosa Chinesis told Sachiko that she is the "Grande Soeur", so I assume that Yumi will be automatically become his "petit soeur".

Back to the current result, I assume that shoujo fans prefer energetic, independent and care-free characters like Rosa Gigantea (Sei).

They are french words.

"petite soeur" = younger sister
" grande soeur " = elder sister
i think you know.

in fact, there are Rosa : Sei, Youko and Eriko. their sisters are " rosa ... en bouton ".
and the sisters of " rosa ... en bouton " are the "petites soeurs ".

in fact the "bouton" is a good symbol :
in flower term, this is a stage of development of the button during which the bud is still closed, but the scales open at the top leting foresee the pink point of the petals
(ontoni gomenasai : for my english)
so, " rosa .... en bouton " is in progress to become a beautifull flower (as their older sister) :-)

the "petites soeurs" are not sown yet :-) lol

i really like this symbol.

Loikol 2004-02-15 21:48

I voted for Sachiko because I like that type of person. She seems smart and gentle but strong willed, and of course, she is beautiful. After all, it was Sachiko's character what grabbed me to download marimite.

SleeplessHeart 2004-02-23 23:21

as the creator of the poll, is it possible to add additional option to this poll? How?

sparrow 2004-02-24 00:04

eee... don't expect the white rosebud to have so little vote compared to her sister.

adding up things, how's the next generation of Yamayurikai anyway ? did Yumi changed the image of the red rose family ? because it seems like each family had their image (eg: the white rose family seems to be filled with eccentric peoples that do things on their own pace) and Yumi's image looks a lot different from Sachiko and Youko (that looks quite the same type)

aniforever 2004-02-24 10:28

hmm it's either sei or rei i pretty much like them both. though since i can only vote for one i'll go with sei she's so darn funnie.

Spoiler:

laurore31 2004-02-24 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniforever
hmm it's either sei or rei i pretty much like them both. though since i can only vote for one i'll go with sei she's so darn funnie.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Göönk 2004-02-25 18:19

I voted for Rei because she knows how to cook, and it matters to me !

NoSanninWa 2004-02-25 18:32

Quote:

as the creator of the poll, is it possible to add additional option to this poll? How?

Sorry, but I believe that only a moderator can add additional options to a poll. (I corrected the titles of the two "en bouton petit soeur") I can't say for sure that you can't add options to a poll in this version of vBulletin, but if you can the option would be in the "thread tools" pull down menu. What options do you want to add?

Incidently, I voted for Shimako because I was so impressed with how she handled her relationship with Sei. Despite her illness she is so strong. Perhaps even because of dealing with her illness she has become strong. Finally she decided to have the operation so that she can lend more of her strength to the one she cared about.

Definitely Shimako.

sparrow 2004-02-25 19:57

isn't that Yoshino ? the yellow rosebud ?

aniforever 2004-02-25 20:14

yea i think you have them mixed up yoshino is the one that had the operation.

SleeplessHeart 2004-02-25 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Sorry, but I believe that only a moderator can add additional options to a poll. (I corrected the titles of the two "en bouton petit soeur") I can't say for sure that you can't add options to a poll in this version of vBulletin, but if you can the option would be in the "thread tools" pull down menu. What options do you want to add?

I would like to add Rosa Kanina. But it looks useless, since people can't change their votes in this forum.

Lanimoo 2004-02-26 10:46

bah, if this poll was made after rosa canina came into the anime, I would've voted for her instead >.<

bluemist 2004-02-26 18:38

It's gonna be Yoshino for me. I like a character who's more energetic than she looks.

Göönk 2004-02-26 18:53

I changed the japanese characters to Romanji of the picture I found on the web. i don't remember what official site it was. maybe Tokyo TV website

enjoy :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hagstrom/ajeter/persoUKv2.jpg

pkgirl163 2004-02-26 19:02

I didn't look closely before, but shouldn't it be "petite" soeur? "Soeur" is a feminine noun as far as I know, so the adjective preceding it should be feminine ("petite") rather than masculine ("petit"). Any French speakers please correct me if I'm wrong . . .

Göönk 2004-02-26 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkgirl163
I didn't look closely before, but shouldn't it be "petite" soeur? "Soeur" is a feminine noun as far as I know, so the adjective preceding it should be feminine ("petite") rather than masculine ("petit"). Any French speakers please correct me if I'm wrong . . .

yes it's "petite soeur"

actually, it's "petite sœur" with the special "e in o" letter...

If anyone wants my french language, I would trade it for japanese language because it's boring to read english subtitles!!!

LoveOfAnime 2004-03-27 14:49

Hey I get to post the first reply for Yumi. She is just too cute for words. She has an innocent air about her. YYYAAAYYY Yumi.

Kizoa 2004-03-27 16:51

Rosa Gigantea~~~

Fun to watch when she's making fun of Yumi~:D

himalayan 2004-03-27 18:24

sachiko: smart and HOT ! *drools* just the opening of marimete says it all... i personally think sachiko is the prettiest of 'em all. ^^ yumi you lucky girl..XD

..talk about facism.

Muir Woods 2004-03-27 23:26

I voted for Rosa Gigantea (Sei), for reasons previous Gigantea fans stated, and mainly because she's the most amusing character of them all. Yumi comes at a close second because some of her facial expressions are so funny and cute as well. Oh, on a side note, I really need to praise Yumi's voice actress for doing a great job on her.

Moon The Cat 2004-03-28 00:46

Rosa Gigantea.............anything else to say?

Is there a fan club or anything like that :love:

aniforever 2004-03-28 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moon The Cat
Rosa Gigantea.............anything else to say?

Is there a fan club or anything like that :love:

if there are i wanna join. sei-samaaaaaaa.