AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112966)

s07195 2013-04-04 11:20

Well, I thought it was an okay episode, although I never thought the Soldier vs One-eyed general fight would be higher in tension than Hero vs Maoh. Hope the sequel hooks aren't just there for show.

Overall, an okay show, premise was good enough, but bad execution overall. Thank goodness Maoyuu exists as LN and manga also. Though whether this anime is going to help sales for them...

ginger02 2013-04-05 00:19

So many shows to watch, I think I'll check out a few episodes of this. Anything I should expect? Like does it take so many episodes to pick up, are there any particularly enjoyable episodes?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-04-05 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginger02 (Post 4621272)
So many shows to watch, I think I'll check out a few episodes of this. Anything I should expect? Like does it take so many episodes to pick up, are there any particularly enjoyable episodes?

This is a fantasy show about medieval economy, farming, politics and war strategy with some comedy element added. But I also have to warn you to not expecting much. This anime is a rush-job of a much better story (from the original novel and manga) crammed almost mercilessly into 12 episodes. For me, the first episode is still the best (even though still a bit lacking). The worst are episode 2-5, while episode 6-12 are mixed bag but mostly decent. Oh, and it has an open-ending.

Anh_Minh 2013-04-05 14:02

"Cut what you love", as they say. It seems those guys really, really loved the story. All my favorite parts, too...

Theo 2013-04-13 01:06

Christ, watching the last episode was like listening to a storyteller who got bored and went off to watch football or something.

NoemiChan 2013-04-15 03:58

Finished the whole series last night.. and I say... it better than SSY or PP.... its pretty interesting... wars, politics and economy could control the world.... I loved it.... I wished for a second season...

Deserves a 9/10.... Worth to be told, worth to be watch... It's a educational.... and the little maid is so adorable...

MrTerrorist 2013-04-23 07:10

Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, April 15-21

Quote:

5. MAOYU DVD 2: 2,303 copies

Newhope 2013-04-23 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 4649720)

2710 sales thats pretty unusual in a good way equal sales to the frist volume doesn't happen very often.

VTHokiePride 2013-04-24 17:46

The show was a mixed bag. In had a nice plot to it, but it felt a little rushed. I hope the open ending means there's a second season. It has the right elements to be a great series, but it just needs to be put together properly.

Haak 2013-04-26 16:44

The story ended up being one hell of a mess but at least the soundtrack is fantastic. Fatehgadrem is a particularly great track to listen to.

Gravitas Free Zone 2013-04-30 07:32

And then the Nendoroid. With the most embarrassing accessory.

~Yami~ 2013-10-20 04:41

well.. this show got so much similarity with Spice and Wolf... although executed quite boring
since the topic is macro-economy, it's harder to be understood

at least, I really love many developments in this series especially Onee-chan maid
This story is clearly isn't finished yet.. but if they didn't intend to continue the adaptation, I think I'm okay with this ending

8/10 from me... quite enjoyable.. although I'm looking forward to Merchant X Dragon Princess pairing... hohoho.. and more Mage please

MrTerrorist 2014-02-25 12:23

Sentai Filmworks Offers Maoyu – Archenemy & Hero on Home Video

Sacredus 2014-02-25 18:52

Maoyu – Archenemy & Hero? What? So Archenemy is title of the leader of demons world? Good to know.

Justice_Rises 2015-09-20 11:48

Well guys, here we are in 2015 going onto 2016 (THE DOMINATE YEAR OF SUPERHERO FILMS) and i am just now getting around to this.

With the open ending i really had hoped for a second season, but it's been so long since it aired i dont even know if there even will be one.

It saddens me because it had so much potential just like Lord Marksman and the Vanadalis (Which too was cut short in 12 episodes.)

It seems like none of these anime's can pull it off in 12 episodes (The only one that did was Snow White With The Red Hair, Campione, and a few others.)