AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   [Game] Ougon Musou Kyoku ~ Symphony of Golden Dreams (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99207)

DaBackpack 2010-11-20 17:10

I just thought of something very interesting.

In this screenshot:

Battler seems to try to grope Shannon. Do you think this means that the characters have special moves versus certain other characters? Or are we going to be able to see Battler groping Ronove? O_o

I'm hoping for the former.

Klashikari 2010-11-20 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 3354834)
A character's canon strength means nothing in fighting games... Rosa could be top tier...

Exactly, otherwise Arcueid would just be the -atrociously tier 0- along with Nero Chaos (unless you count her Shinso Hime form from Actress Again).

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 3354835)
Battler seems to try to grope Shannon. Do you think this means that the characters have special moves versus certain other characters? Or are we going to be able to see Battler groping Ronove? O_o

It is very likely that if the opponent is female, you can activate this special move.

SilverSyko 2010-11-20 17:22

Specials against specific characters is a little complicated, and locking out certain attacks based on the opponent is quite unreasonable. Though the visual effects changing depending on who the opponent is sounds a little more reasonable, since while the attack looks different, it could have the exact same output.

Also it's looking like the game will have 2 on 2 tag-in fights a-la Tatsunoko VS Capcom.

catastrophe8 2010-11-20 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 3354835)
I just thought of something very interesting.

In this screenshot:

I'm hoping for the former.

I hope so... or else you can make Battler grope Ronove. *hears yaoi fangirl squeel in joy*

Witch of Uncertainty 2010-11-20 17:38

Any plans on translating this, Witch-Hunt?

Klashikari 2010-11-20 17:43

As I stated on my twitter, it depends if we can have a hack, or better yet: actual source code.
Either way, Episode 8 is our utmost priority considering Twilight, Tsubasa and Ougon are released at the same time.
We will see if we will have enough time for the latter 2, although Ougon probably will require translation only for its story mode, assuming there is one.

And I still want to find out about "chiester" because that will definitely turn me insane if we were to correct that.

DaBackpack 2010-11-20 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3354873)
As I stated on my twitter, it depends if we can have a hack, or better yet: actual source code.
Either way, Episode 8 is our utmost priority considering Twilight, Tsubasa and Ougon are released at the same time.
We will see if we will have enough time for the latter 2, although Ougon probably will require translation only for its story mode, assuming there is one.

And I still want to find out about "chiester" because that will definitely turn me insane if we were to correct that.

You don't need it translated to play it, unlike the VNs. You just have to learn the controls.

And those Japanese paperback books (the Umineko guides by that one guy) referenced the Siestas as Sister Soldiers of Siesta, not "Chiester". But then again "Virgilia" was "Walrugia" or something.

momobunny 2010-11-20 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 3354878)
You don't need it translated to play it, unlike the VNs. You just have to learn the controls.

I think he was talking about the story mode... if there is one then it'd be nice to be able to understand what's going on.

Klashikari 2010-11-20 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 3354878)

You don't teach me anything new. Please read what I exactly mentioned: only for its story mode.

DaBackpack 2010-11-20 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3354891)
You don't teach me anything new. Please read what I exactly mentioned: only for its story mode.

I know; I was agreeing with you. I'm just saying that translating the fighting game wouldn't be as important as translating the VN because the VN cannot be understood by non-Japanese readers at all, while the fighting game CAN be enjoyed a bit without knowing Japanese.

rogerpepitone 2010-11-20 18:06

Well, if it's anything like Higurashi Daybreak, I can probably get an extractor working.

LyricalAura 2010-11-20 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3354873)

Siesta -> Chiester -> (Win)chester?

Klashikari 2010-11-20 18:10

That is the only explanation, but I was implying about whether or not it is the romaji Ryukishi is intending to use. It may be a bit more credible than the nakanai "wergilia" incident.

Kite22 2010-11-20 18:21

This looks pretty good, but it would be even better if we could get UminekoXBlazBlue:Calamity Witch. I don't care how "impossible" it is, this is a dream I will demand be accomplished someday!

Will Wright 2010-11-20 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3354813)
That mess raises one major question though: why is it in French...?

Because French is the language of love, and love is best communicated through fists.

Renall 2010-11-20 20:17

So much of the plot of Umineko could have been resolved faster through fisticuffs.

Though Battler going all MMA on Beatrice is canon I guess.

UsagiTenpura 2010-11-20 20:27

Arguably Clair's name is also another reference to french.

... That failled french epitaph should be babel fish back in japanese and sent to Ryukishi lol...

Edit: Ah uh for those who wouldn't know clair means basically pale/bright, fitting Clair.

Von Himmel 2010-11-20 21:07

Quote:

It would be boring if it didn't have a versus mode.
Fighting game without a versus mode is not a fighting game :(
Anyway---I wonder how the gameplay is for this game. I mean, is it going to be fast-paced like melty blood or perhaps like GG/BB ? ;_; Well I won't hope too much this time...I guess I should try it first when it comes out later.

AlexiaCarcera 2010-11-20 21:13

The chars I want most are probably
Spoiler for Umi 5-7 (partial patch):

Marion 2010-11-20 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura (Post 3355060)
Arguably Clair's name is also another reference to french.

... That failled french epitaph should be babel fish back in japanese and sent to Ryukishi lol...

Edit: Ah uh for those who wouldn't know clair means basically pale/bright, fitting Clair.

Calir's name is more likely referencing again to Dante Inferno, as the name of the last guide is Bernard of Clairvaux