AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Deus EpS Machina 2007-04-07 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 893055)
Yes, anything that's not UC is an instant fail, isnt it :rolleyes:

yes, yes-it-is :rolleyes:

MakubeX2 2007-04-07 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 893055)
Yes, anything that's not UC is an instant fail, isnt it :rolleyes:

Nope, the MG Hi-Nu is much bigger than the SF and diesn't really need pianting to look good.

The SF ,OTOH, still needs a layer of Gold paint at the joints to make it look better whether it's FB edition or not.

And of course it doesn't help that the Hi-Nu is priced exactly the same as the SF FB.

gummybear 2007-04-08 00:13

OMIGOSH!!!! guess what I found in my basement buried in my "memory box" and I had fun building yesterday :blush:

Now guess what else I found :heehee:

Spoiler:

Deus EpS Machina 2007-04-08 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 893751)
Nope, the MG Hi-Nu is much bigger than the SF and diesn't really need pianting to look good.

The SF ,OTOH, still needs a layer of Gold paint at the joints to make it look better whether it's FB edition or not.

And of course it doesn't help that the Hi-Nu is priced exactly the same as the SF FB.

Strike Freedom needs no paint to look good, especially the FB with the extra finish. Nor does Hi-Nu, but its afact that the Hi-nu has some parts that needed to be, and should have been separate coloured parts...but were plain stickers. And honestly it doesnt matter for someone who paints their kits outside the base colour scheme.

If you like one design over theother, thats fine, buttheres really no point in trying to justify fanboyism towards one or the other.

jbui 2007-04-08 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyo171 (Post 892727)
hey can anyone help me out, i have bought and completed assembling my ORB-01 akatsuki 1/100 HG gundam. In the package it includes a decal for me to apply to the model. The question i wan to ask is that since i read in some other forums that the decal will smudge if i apply a clear spray coating onto the gundam. can i apply the decal after i have sprayed the coating?

Yes you can. Doing that will actually make it easier to apply the decal; more friction.

WaytoDawn 2007-04-09 06:07

DARN!!!!This is annoying!!!I'm at the LAST wing of SF and my spray paint just HAD to run outta paint!!:mad: :frustrated: :frustrated:

GameraBaenre 2007-04-09 18:45

Tekkoshocon Anime Convention April 13-15 2007

This coming weekend there will be a model contest at Tekkoshocon in Monroeville PA. There will also be a "How to Build Gunpla/Resin Figures Seminar" held on each of the three days of the event. The schedule for the seminar is below:
Friday: 2:30pm-4:00pm
Saturday: 6:30pm-8:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am-9:00am
More information about the model contest can be found here: http://www.tekkoshocon.com/modeling.html
And more information about the Tekkoshocon event can be found here: http://www.tekkoshocon.com/

zaft1412 2007-04-09 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver (Post 886075)
I just finished building my MG Gundam Noir Striker Omni Enforcer .

Damn coolest gundam ive ever assembled. I wonder its twin beam rifles+grenade launcher. How would it do in actuall combat.

I hope that there is a gundam stargazer game in developement.

Now thats nice. I have a HG 1/144 Strike Noir but i have not decided to get a MG. But if i do, i would place my MG IWSP pack on it^^. How much was yours?

Stargazer game? unlikely.......

zaft1412 2007-04-09 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deus EpS Machina (Post 894022)
Strike Freedom needs no paint to look good, especially the FB with the extra finish. Nor does Hi-Nu, but its afact that the Hi-nu has some parts that needed to be, and should have been separate coloured parts...but were plain stickers. And honestly it doesnt matter for someone who paints their kits outside the base colour scheme.

If you like one design over theother, thats fine, buttheres really no point in trying to justify fanboyism towards one or the other.

sorry for double posting. If i am not mistaken there is two release of the MG Strike Freedom. The other one comes with an extra finish like what you said. However, thats freaking expensive.

GameraBaenre 2007-04-10 02:45

Updated and improved on my model building tutorial, added more images, new videos, and a text document describing techniques. Gundam/Resin Figure model building tutorials ver 2.0

aikming 2007-04-10 03:45

Anyone knows anything about the coming 1/60 PG Wing Gundam Zero Custom Special Version. What's the special going to be????

Honey_and_Cleaver 2007-04-10 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaft1412 (Post 896794)
Now thats nice. I have a HG 1/144 Strike Noir but i have not decided to get a MG. But if i do, i would place my MG IWSP pack on it^^. How much was yours?

Stargazer game? unlikely.......

Im not familiar withthe meaning MG IWSP pack. I have a HG 1/144 Strike noir but its nothing compared to this MG. I just figured out its wings can be opened,it looks like a modified version of Strike Noir. Even the anime doesnt look like it.

Actually there is a Stargazer game i checked on the japanese website of the anime but it looks like a novel game.

duotiga 2007-04-10 09:33

Gunpla Expo 2007 limited edition kits
Shizuoka Parco's site has promo pics of limited edition kits to be available at Gunpla Expo 2007 on April 20:
HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam (gloss injection version) - 1,000 yen
HGUC Zeta Gundam (gloss injection version) - 1,600 yen
HGUC Zaku II S-Type (clear color version) - 1,000 yen
HG Destiny Gundam (clear color version) - 1,600 yen
MG Strike Freedom Gundam (clear color version) - 4,800 yen

http://www.parco-shizuoka.com/web/07gundam/

Frm Gunota

zaft1412 2007-04-11 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver (Post 897161)
Im not familiar withthe meaning MG IWSP pack. I have a HG 1/144 Strike noir but its nothing compared to this MG. I just figured out its wings can be opened,it looks like a modified version of Strike Noir. Even the anime doesnt look like it.

Actually there is a Stargazer game i checked on the japanese website of the anime but it looks like a novel game.

oh i mean the MG 1/100 Strike Gundam + IWSP(Integrated Weapon System Pack). I think the IWSP pack is compatible with Strike Noir and Strike Rouge.

kct 2007-04-11 10:03

And the 1/100 Akatsuki, since it apparently have the same plug with the MG Strikes.

WaytoDawn 2007-04-12 05:57

Whoo-hoo! FINALLY! I'm done! Here are some pics.

Comments are welcomed!!

Honey_and_Cleaver 2007-04-12 06:13

That Strike Freedom looks awesome.

takumi111 2007-04-12 20:18

I like the mod you did on the DRAGOONs to expose more of the gold frame underneath. Also, the V-fins look like they could really poke an eye out, nice!

WaytoDawn 2007-04-13 00:27

Haha! Thanks for the compliments! This is my first kit which i tried to paint and put up decals.(well, the right way at least...:heh: ) I didn't do a lot of mods, just to the fingers and sharpen the V-fin. The wings are not mods, just paint. they took A LOT and i mean A LOT of time to paint as i am not really good at hand painting so i used a roll of masking tape to do it...:D :heh: took me an hour or so to place the masking tape and 5 seconds to paint it...however, i did try to hand paint the little gold parts at the ankle armour and the shoulders.

aikming 2007-04-13 03:15

Too much decal in my opinion