AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-11-20 11:14

Oh wow, they're still continuing the Fix Figuration line? And it's another Wing Ka? Like come on, guys! Make a goddamn GFF of a rare MS, not another version of Wing!

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-11-22 23:40

Btw, here's a review of the Unicorn bust where the head can auto-transform:
All sequences from every OVA episodes & more:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-12-29 08:34

And now we have HG Archangel Catapult Deck :D

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-12-31 13:01

IBO figures are still going strong.

n0m@n 2022-02-19 20:49

Sweet. MGEX strike freedom. Now the SF won’t look crap when next to MG Freedom 2.0!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-02-20 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 6502265)
Sweet. MGEX strike freedom. Now the SF won’t look crap when next to MG Freedom 2.0!

MG Strike Freedom is far from crap.

https://www.1999.co.jp/itbig05/10051947t4_m.jpg

It's more faithful to the anime design and has great articulation. Heck, even the proportion still beats the newer RG, HGCE & MB. It's elegant in its simplicity.

Meanwhile, the MGEX only added unnecessary details into the design just for the heck of it:
I don't know about you, but adding a clusterfuck of things that's not there before is not my ideal MG. It's a redesign that stray further from the original appeal (just like MG Feedom 2.0). This is why MG 1.0 of Strike, Freedom, Strike Freedom & Infinite Justice are still precious to me. They embrace the anime design.

B214 2022-02-20 05:55

The MGEX Strike Freedom made the back look detachable like a striker pack.

n0m@n 2022-02-20 21:07

Oh I actually like the new gimmicks. I mean they would have to justify why this new SF would be costly. I passed the MGEX Unicorn so I’m looking forward to the very first MGEX I would be getting. Though I imagined Exia to be the one getting MGEX instead.

justavisitor 2022-02-21 10:42

Seed destiny may not be liked by many ppl, but bandai will forever give gratitude to Fukuda :D

Strike Freedom must have helped bandai collect a lot of money since its existence XD

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-03-07 14:48

This video is a month-old but glorious Ptolemy kit in stop-motion is glorious :D

SonicSP 2022-03-17 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by justavisitor (Post 6502445)
Seed destiny may not be liked by many ppl, but bandai will forever give gratitude to Fukuda :D

Strike Freedom must have helped bandai collect a lot of money since its existence XD

Not very liked in the West but Seed Destiny is fairly popular in Japan. Strike Freedom is also a fairly popular design over there.

justavisitor 2022-03-17 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 6504627)
Not very liked in the West but Seed Destiny is fairly popular in Japan. Strike Freedom is also a fairly popular design over there.

I still prefer freedom over strike freedom. Strike freedom is just an overkill (weapon load wise), but interestingly, I think strike freedom's backpack is easier to make compared to freedom (the wing from my rg freedom just keeps falling apart)

And speaking of seed...I thought they have a movie coming out this year ?

Back to model, bandai just finally creates Shenlong!!! But a bit disappointed with just one gundam announcement from banadi (besides sd)...seems like gundam model is slowing down??

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-04-27 12:24

I'm one year too late in promoting this video but it's seriously good:

The direction for the stop-motion, camera angles, effects & skit actually fused into one incredible whole that's more than the sum of its parts (no pun intended). His channel culminated into this one video which proves that this is a labor of love (to the point where he didn't upload anything after this. It's like the man is already content with his masterpiece).

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-05-10 19:30

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-07-28 11:20

Well, for those who want a 1:60 of Sazabi, here you go:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) English Sub available ^

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-08-04 15:15

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-08-12 11:57

Cool kit 👍

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-08-26 01:38

Illsteir 2022-09-28 22:15

Next Ver Ka. is the Zeta

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-09-28 22:47

And MGSD Freedom: