AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Sir Dearka 2009-02-14 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 2215626)
How do you guys afford all these?!? You guys are either really spoiled :p or are all out of college with good paying jobs.

It's the latter, though I still would not call it that much "good paying" ;) Stuill, I am quite happy with what I am doing now. Enough to buy lots of DVDs and model kits :P

vektar - good for you. I find too many of those babies too tempting not to buy. Have to make selection each time, here and there.

MakubeX2 2009-02-14 07:20

Gapla arn't really expensive toys to start with. Let me say this, what the wholesaler charge the retailers in Japan is roughly 25% off the retain price that is stated by Bandai. Could be more if the retailer buy direct from Bandai.

So from this you can gauge if you are ripped off by those selling you the kits, anything more than 25% above the retail price stated by Bandai in Japanese Yen is daylight robbery if you ask me.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2009-02-14 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2216067)
Gapla arn't really expensive toys to start with. Let me say this, what the wholesaler charge the retailers in Japan is roughly 25% off the retain price that is stated by Bandai. Could be more if the retailer buy direct from Bandai.

So from this you can gauge if you are ripped off by those selling you the kits, anything more than 25% above the retail price stated by Bandai in Japanese Yen is daylight robbery if you ask me.

...unless you live in Australia.

Look, we mark up in our shop in Melbourne, but we also pay through the nose with shipping. Never-mind the fact that the Yen price has recently skyrocketed and Boss is worried about shrinking margins. There are not many shops out there in OZ, we supply stuff to people as far away as Tasmania.

Yes, people can get a better deal buying direct, and I don't discourage that. But not everyone order stuff off the net.

MakubeX2 2009-02-14 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant (Post 2216083)
Yes, people can get a better deal buying direct, and I don't discourage that. But not everyone order stuff off the net.

It's up to the individual customer to decide anyway, I'm just stating what little I know about the profit margin is like in regards to Gapla in Japan.

In an almost saturated market like those in Hong Kong and Taiwan, Gapla prices can get outrageously low with some individual shop making as little as 10% off the wholesale pricing in a bid to attract customer.

But I believe if there arn't much competitors and the market is huge (like those of America, Canada and Europe), an merchant selling niche toys has the right to mark up their profit margin as they see fit.

LordStrike 2009-02-14 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2215308)
Man, was it you that takked to me about DETOLF last time? Cause I rearranged two of my wood-colored, too :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/DSCF6769.jpg

One can see my enlarging Dearka collection on the top shelf and my favorite MG Freedom vs MG Force Impulse shodown - can't get enough of just staring at them :) (Of course I also love my Lockon collection, Code Geass collection and Transformers/Star Wars goodies :P And of course the glorious Gold Frame Amatsu given to me by my best friend)

The top area of the right display case, next to the HG 1/100 Sword Impulse, is waiting for the MG Sword Impulse :)

man i so want your collection XD

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 2215626)
How do you guys afford all these?!? You guys are either really spoiled :p or are all out of college with good paying jobs.

lol i just graduated and im doing freelance jobs wile i search for a good paying job XD but i just save a lot so i can get my gunpla XD

Sir Dearka 2009-02-14 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2216106)
It's up to the individual customer to decide anyway, I'm just stating what little I know about the profit margin is like in regards to Gapla in Japan.

In an almost saturated market like those in Hong Kong and Taiwan, Gapla prices can get outrageously low with some individual shop making as little as 10% off the wholesale pricing in a bid to attract customer.

But I believe if there arn't much competitors and the market is huge (like those of America, Canada and Europe), an merchant selling niche toys has the right to mark up their profit margin as they see fit.

As VCV said, it depends where you live. In places far from Japan and within cultures with little understanding of Japanese mainstream it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get some things cheap.

LordStrikeYours is not bad, too, I guess. Care to share some pics? ;)

MeesesGlokmah 2009-02-14 11:40

I just wish my local hobby shops would either get newer kits, or mark down the ones they do have. I'm like the only one who ever buys Gundams where I live, so I have seen the really expensive kits (usually MG kits) just sit there for months with no suitors. I'd be more than willing to buy them, if they weren't so expensive :)

vektar 2009-02-14 11:42

I took this pic before the age of digital cameras for a photo class i was taking in college. I started collecting gunpla in 97 and stopped about 2001, Its pretty much all i would spend my money on when i was in high school and my first few years of college. Sadly most of my kits didnt stand the progression of time. Some got stored away and ended up getting broken, some fell from being on display, other got eaten away at the non plastic friendly spray paint i used on them. Im sure if i had a display case back then most of them would still be alive today:upset: this might be about 2001 not 1999 as it says.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...m/IMG_0252.jpg

RAVNEN 2009-02-14 11:52

OMG!!! it can't be...it is the Legion of Gunpla in black in white special effect.Man that a lot collection,I've already stop getting gunpla.My last would be 1/100 Astraea last year.:D

Is that the infamous GPO1 FB & the bulky GPO2A?:twitch:

Sir Dearka 2009-02-14 12:08

Spoiler for Vektar's collection:

Wow, that's a lot! Too bad some of them are not displayed in superposes. To me it's a waste when a posable Gundam is just standing there, dusting :upset:

vektar 2009-02-14 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVNEN (Post 2216369)
OMG!!! it can't be...it is the Legion of Gunpla in black in white special effect.Man that a lot collection,I've already stop getting gunpla.My last would be 1/100 Astraea last year.:D

Is that the infamous GPO1 FB & the bulky GPO2A?:twitch:

like i said a few post above ive more or less grew out of gunpla and get a kit maybe every few years or so, since those days. and yup i had all 3 GP mobile suites but my GP01 is the normal one not FB.

vektar 2009-02-14 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2216390)
Spoiler for Vektar's collection:

Wow, that's a lot! Too bad some of them are not displayed in superposes. To me it's a waste when a posable Gundam is just standing there, dusting :upset:

only way i could get them all in the picture:eyespin:

Sir Dearka 2009-02-14 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2216397)
only way i could get them all in the picture:eyespin:

Ah, I see. Maybe some pics what they look now? :)

AaKkisa 2009-02-14 14:04

I figured with everyone throwing in their two cents about their collections, I could as well.

Spoiler for too large:

There is about 10 or so of that collection that is still un-built. Just have to find the time to do them.
If anyone wants, I can take pictures but I doubt it. It's nothing really special.

p.s. I'm 22. in college, working full time during the day, school at night. Live at home. Company pays for car and cell phone. Not really many expenses to have.

MeesesGlokmah 2009-02-14 14:08

Okay, then my next question is how do you guys find time to detail your kits?!? Especially those of you with MG or PG kits. Or do most of you guys do straight builds.

LoweGear 2009-02-14 14:11

Taste's HG O-Raiser review

http://taste.image.coocan.jp/09020714.jpg

vektar 2009-02-14 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 2216542)
Okay, then my next question is how do you guys find time to detail your kits?!? Especially those of you with MG or PG kits. Or do most of you guys do straight builds.

i fully paint and detail every kit i build, it can take me up to a month to finish a kit a hour or so a day but it depends sometimes like right now i dont work on the weeknds so i can spend those days working on one. I just got done with my 1/100 virtue took me a good 3 weeks to finish.

helois 2009-02-14 16:13

i hate some people here.... ^_^

vektar 2009-02-14 16:20

Ok i just took some pics of the models i dont have in the last pic i did these are all ones i got in the past 4 years or so. I hate to use the flash on the camera so its a bit dark. Since i have my comp hooked up to my TV i just used a atmosphere wallpaper as the background, I think it came out pretty nice.

kk2extreme 2009-02-14 17:11

hmm... i did not see too many people put together sd models, i think they are incrediblily cute. I was planning to get the sd 00-gundam but it is out of stock :(