AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Spice and Wolf (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Spice and Wolf - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=61318)

Skyfall 2008-01-23 07:32

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Spice and Wolf here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

Ichihara Asako 2008-01-23 08:33

Yay, more dedicated subject threads! ^_^;

I love the music in this series. The OP is absolutely gorgeous, the ED is charmingly cute, and the score is well suited to the series and blends in very nicely with the overall mood and tone, not being too overpowering like some OSTs are, nor too lacking as others have been. I look forward to the singles and the scores to be released... and of course hearing more music in the series as it unfolds. More excellence from the best series this season!

Westlo 2008-01-23 08:36

Anyway else love that um *checks aroduc's blog* flautist solo that seems to be Horo's theme, it's so addictive.

Masanori Ota 2008-01-23 09:58

OP and ED are coming out on Februrary 6th, entire soundtrack is due out March 12th.

FlareKnight 2008-01-23 10:38

The OP really was one thing that impressed me at the start. Something that said this was going to be a good series. A deep song reflecting their journey, but also that there would be tough times along the way.

Jer 2008-01-23 14:12

^ I couldn't agree more. The OP is unique. It has a very sad melody that I feel nostalgic every time I listen to it. An emotionally driven song IMO. Plus, the OP just hit the jackpot illustrating the journey and emotions the characters are going through like you've said. Simply beautiful. The melody kind of reminded me of a song from Zorro the movie; can't remember which movie and song title though.

edit: did some googling and found that the song was named "I want to spend my lifetime loving u" by Marc Anthony from the movie "The Mask of Zorro".

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-01-23 14:18

The OP is quite charming; I like its mellow and melancholy tune.

ED would be better if it had good pronunciation, because I think the song is very catchy and has clever lyrics, but urgh the pronunciation is god-awful and kinda turns me off to it... :(

TinyRedLeaf 2008-01-24 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
ED would be better if it had good pronunciation, because I think the song is very catchy and has clever lyrics, but urgh the pronunciation is god-awful and kinda turns me off to it... :(

The Beatles have done this before: Free As A Bird

That is, they've managed to splice John Lennon's voice into a brand new song, years after he died.

So......I'm wondering if there's any AMV creator out there skillful enough to "synthesise" a Beatles cover of Ringo Hiyori? :D

GuidoHunter_Toki 2008-01-24 20:25

These are defenitly some of my favorite themes in an anime. The OP has already caught my interest so much I'd probably place it in my top 20 favorite songs (not just anime songs). I wish I could listen to the full length song.

Bonta Kun 2008-01-24 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity (Post 1358057)
The OP is quite charming; I like its mellow and melancholy tune.

lol maybe its just me but I find the bad pronunciation charming, its what draws me to the song:D

all in all OST is not bad at all, everything goes pretty well together.

arkxkra 2008-01-25 09:32

o, so the op/ed released on Februrary 6th, and OST on march. Can't wait for the op, ed and OST. I addicted to the OP and ED song, and also the bgm...

valet 2008-01-26 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf (Post 1360635)
The Beatles have done this before: Free As A Bird

That is, they've managed to splice John Lennon's voice into a brand new song, years after he died.

So......I'm wondering if there's any AMV creator out there skillful enough to "synthesise" a Beatles cover of Ringo Hiyori? :D

Honestly, if you could magically swap the vocal performance like that, I think that song would fit right into the Beatles repertoire. Musically it sounds a lot like something Paul McCartney would have composed and lyrically it really isn't that far off from something John Lennon might have written. If you can't take the pronunciation, try to imagine it being sung like Ob-la-dee, Ob-la-daa and it just seems to work. I have to admit, I've kind of grown attached to the way it's sung now, but either way, to me it's the catchiest ED to come along in a long time. Seems like they always pop up where I'm least expecting them :)

Vexx 2008-01-31 12:58

The ED has gripped my brain ... at first it was a 'wtf" or 'SHOKKU!" but the damn thing won't leave me alone now.

The Ob-la-dee comparison is apt. Sometimes songs are just fun.

SLB 2008-02-04 05:27

When the first i hear the ED,I didn't know what language it was untill some guys told me it's english.BUT... don't you think the pronunciation is "moe"?

Mez 2008-02-04 05:52

really like the op, one of the best i've heard for awhile.

Ichihara Asako 2008-02-05 04:08

I still stand by my original statement that this OP is absolutely gorgeous... probably my favourite OP to date, actually. Full version just makes me love it all the more. I'm not a fan of a lot of OP/ED music, but this song is just beautiful.

The B side isn't terrible, either. Though the instrumental version is a little lacking; the lyrics really make it.

Rhyel 2008-02-05 06:41

The full OP is great, but the la lai ra... la lai ra at end is annoying. :(

In other way the full ED is perfect. :D

FlareKnight 2008-02-05 09:03

The full OP really is good. Had been looking forward to hearing it and the wait was worth it.

Shiroth 2008-02-05 09:24

Full ED is absolutely wonderful. I'll be making sure i'm listening to this as i wake up every morning --- what a way to brighten up my day.

Serenity85 2008-02-05 12:06

Never mind I found them^^