AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll [2009 added ep. 6] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83978)

monir 2009-07-15 23:07

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll [2009 added ep. 6]

Welcome to the discussion thread for Suzumiya Haruhi (2009), Episode 06.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

CrowKenobi 2009-07-15 23:17

Unfortunately, I'll be at work so I can't watch it "live." Hopefully we'll get out of the loop this episode (unless there are six E8 eps!).

Just trying to guess how many posts we'll have when I log in after work, and how many (if we don't get our resolution) will be of the cranky variety... :heh:

EDIT: The episode hasn't aired yet! How come someone voted??? I think that the poll needs to be closed until a couple of hours after the first airing...

Double EDIT: Monir: :heh: Too true... As long as the blame is rightly placed. :D

monir 2009-07-15 23:23

Some divine retribution is in need to show the lost sheep in those production companies the way. Taking ones viewers for granted is never a sound business practice.

aegisofrime 2009-07-15 23:31

morgus is from the future, boys. And he says that Endless Eight ends today!

morgus 2009-07-15 23:34

I wasn't paying attention. :(

jeffp 2009-07-15 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegisofrime (Post 2517871)
morgus has voted before the episode started, and can no longer be trusted. :D

He must be from the future! meaning the future now exists...therefore the E8 loop ends!

Ikonomi 2009-07-16 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffp (Post 2517880)
He must be from the future! meaning the future now exists...therefore the E8 loop ends!

Meaning he must be in league with Mikuru Asahina's organization... So exactly how old is she, anyway?

aegisofrime 2009-07-16 00:16

Ok, updated my earlier post to speak the truth!

monir 2009-07-16 00:20

I think we have embarrassed Morgus enough. Let's divert our attention to the episode at hand.

What does it have in store for us? My state of mind is like a lab-rat's who is afraid to touch the cheese because it provides a painful electrical jolt. Another Endless? Continuation? Hopefully, I'll be brave enough to download and may even open it in the media player to find out.

Myssa Rei 2009-07-16 00:41

I'm just wondering if this thread will beat the one from last week in sheer number of posts (or ranting for that mater). Now where was my T-51b kept again?

My Laptop's primed and ready regardless.

Jintor 2009-07-16 00:53

Some have come forth from America, Britain, Australia, all to leech ones and zeroes from the fabled land of Japan to discover how next the plot will unfold. Will today be the day we discover the resolution to the Endless Eight? Or will we crash and burn into another failed cycle, yet another loop from which there is no escape? TONIGHT, ladies and gentlement, tonight we shall discover what has been pre-planned and pre-ordained, what has been in the making for months on end. TONIGHT, we discover our FUTURE!

That is to say, if Mazui's not subbing this, am I going to have to wait for AFK subs? D:

Eak 2009-07-16 01:00

I do hope Mazui is going to sub this episode... they're quite fast! (kudos to them!)

OkamiNoKaze 2009-07-16 01:20

I think we're going to see Kyon watching baseball, Mikuru crying, Yuki buying a mask, and I really hope for once, they animate with sound the karoake session, maybe get a cool insert song out of this whole mess, oh and I hope they get out of the loop.

Peanutbutter 2009-07-16 01:42

I'll watch it live again and amuse myself with more raging later, again. :heh:

Kaioshin Sama 2009-07-16 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 2517930)
I think we have embarrassed Morgus enough. Let's divert our attention to the episode at hand.

What does it have in store for us? My state of mind is like a lab-rat's who is afraid to touch the cheese because it provides a painful electrical jolt. Another Endless? Continuation? Hopefully, I'll be brave enough to download and may even open it in the media player to find out.

It'll be "Haruhawesome". Where that lands us on the regular awesome scale and just how it converts remains a mystery, but I figure I'll try to phrase my expectations in a positive sounding manner that I can then rationalize after the episode has aired. :cool:

calorie 2009-07-16 01:50

Something tells me if they've gone this far there might actually be eight episodes of EE. Nevertheless I will watch the whole thing as I have been doing so far.

Dante of the Inferno 2009-07-16 01:59

And we'll answer all your dark and burning questions, LIKE:

How many cycles does it take to break the Endless Eight?

Does Haruhi really think that's a "nice plane?"

Why does Mikuru talk with spoiler tags?

And why does Kyoani torture us so?

Myssa Rei 2009-07-16 02:31

*insert Warhammer 40k quote*

HOPE IS THE FIRST STEP ON THE ROAD TO DISAPPOINTMENT.

Also, while I'm not exactly expecting snow bunnies and roses, it still remains to be seen if viewers will keep their heads regardless of the result of the episode, or be frothing at the mouth screaming "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" (to be retorted immediately by "Harriers for the cup!") and making a beeline for the Kadokawa Shoten offices.

Ikonomi 2009-07-16 03:03

It's funny that most of the posts in Endless Eight threads are actually meta-discussion -- discussion about fan reactions, Kyoto Animation's and Kadokawa's motives, implications of repeating Endless Eight, whatever else. There's been so much more of that than discussion of the episodes themselves!

I guess it's kind of inevitable.

Anyway, in all likelihood we're going to have another unresolved loop today. I'm hoping for a really off-the-wall episode where Kyon and the others are told exactly how many times they've discovered the loop and as a result go buckwild attempting to break out of their endless recursion.

...only to have it fail next week.

The craziness would be worth yet another iteration of Endless Eight.

Jonbob0008 2009-07-16 03:12

I also hope we actually get to see Kyon's reaction to Itsuki's idea that he himself tells Haruhi that he loves her when Kyon declines to do it himself. I'm sure his reaction will be full of win.