AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

HasuMasu 2011-12-28 03:10

That is stunning box-art. :eek:

Appel 2011-12-28 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3921907)
That is stunning box-art. :eek:

its pretty much the same as the original unicorn ver.ka. but the weapons are adding a LOT of awesomeness to that boxart!^^

right now im done with building most of the weapons and those weapons that i wanted to paint are painted. now i decanted some tamiya flat clear out of a can which i will use as a base for my glow in the dark pigments. im just letting the solvent bubble out now, that stuff is COLD! XD

nyerk 2011-12-28 20:28

Question for anyone who's built the MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword G; Will using the green foil stickers inside the buster sword hamper the light piping effect from the LED?

suiton629 2011-12-28 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyerk (Post 3922850)
Question for anyone who's built the MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword G; Will using the green foil stickers inside the buster sword hamper the light piping effect from the LED?

I haven't built the kit yet even though I've had it for a while.

I assume they provided stickers for those without LED units and clear decals for those with the LED units so that it shines through a little.

If they did that, they I suggest you just not use the stickers so that it'll look really nice when lit up. =)

I plan to do that with my

MG Exia (turning this one into Repair 1 and using the red LEDs)
MG Exia Ignition Mode (making this as regular Exia with chrome blades & green LEDs)
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Qan[T]
MG 00 7 Sword/G
.
.
I also have 1/100 Astraea and 1/100 Astraea Type F. All I need is the 1/100 Avalanche Exia. But those 3 No Grade kits...I won't be using LEDs.

duotiga 2011-12-28 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyerk (Post 3922850)
Question for anyone who's built the MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword G; Will using the green foil stickers inside the buster sword hamper the light piping effect from the LED?

if you want the light effect, dun paste the foil sticker.....foil sticker is opague, not clear

see the manual carefully , it gives you 2 options


sames applies for the head also

pumpkins 2011-12-29 00:06

does anyone here have an unbuilt HG gundam 00 or its variants which comes with the updated foil stickers? ~ especially those stickers for the gn condensers with the light ring on it, picture from dalong below!



if it's possible can i have a scan of the sticker? i'm hoping to use this design for my gundam 00 kit. (it came with the old style stickers :() :)

Kitaeryu 2011-12-29 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyerk (Post 3922850)
Question for anyone who's built the MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword G; Will using the green foil stickers inside the buster sword hamper the light piping effect from the LED?

The stickers go on the opposite side of the light piping so it doesn't matter whether you have them or not.

suiton629 2011-12-29 00:51

Just don't use any stickers/decals on the areas that you want to have light piping showing through.

Chiu_fan 2011-12-29 06:14

My latest procurement.:D
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/DSC02210.jpg
Found it deep in a bargain bin at my local shopping district.:heh:

maknaedik 2011-12-29 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3923123)
Just don't use any stickers/decals on the areas that you want to have light piping showing through.

Well, there are clear stickers that can make the effect better.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-29 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3923433)
My latest procurement.:D
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/DSC02210.jpg
Found it deep in a bargain bin at my local shopping district.:heh:

How much do you pay for it?

Chiu_fan 2011-12-29 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3923466)
How much do you pay for it?

Roughly around US$32.00.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-29 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3923485)
Roughly around US$32.00.

Hmm... I just remembered that if we just want the Unicorn or Sinanju head display-stand, we can get it for roughly $18 at some store that I know. Still, it's pretty good deal you got there. It also save the shipping cost, right?

Chiu_fan 2011-12-29 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3923696)
Hmm... I just remembered that if we just want the Unicorn or Sinanju head display-stand, we can get it for roughly $18 at some store that I know. Still, it's pretty good deal you got there. It also save the shipping cost, right?

After doing the math; yeah, I got it at a great deal. If going by buying it separately, I would have spent $36 instead of $32. I wouldn't worry about the shipping cost because it is from a local shop.:heh:

They were also selling an HGUC Hazel, forgot which type, but is it any good?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-29 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3923785)
They were also selling an HGUC Hazel, forgot which type, but is it any good?

There are 3 types of HGUC Hazel: Hazel TR-1, Hazel Custom and Advanced Hazel. I have the Advanced Hazel and I can tell you that it's a really good kit. The articulation is good. The joint for the crotch can be a little loose if you often play with them, aside from that, all joints are fine. My favorite feature of Adv-Hazel would be the skirt arms (much like The-O) and the mask. For me, that mask is really cool and makes it distinguishable from any other gundams out there.

Hazel Custom is good too if you prefer simpler design and its white color is really nice.

Hazel TR-1 is the Ugliest of them all. The design is nothing special and it got this ridiculously huge white tail-fin that crash with the overall dark-blue color of the suit.

Chiu_fan 2011-12-29 12:51

Thanks for your insight. I might get it after finishing the Unicorn.

Butagami 2011-12-29 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3923805)
There are 3 types of HGUC Hazel: Hazel TR-1, Hazel Custom and Advanced Hazel. I have the Advanced Hazel and I can tell you that it's a really good kit. The articulation is good. The joint for the crotch can be a little loose if you often play with them, aside from that, all joints are fine. My favorite feature of Adv-Hazel would be the skirt arms (much like The-O) and the mask. For me, that mask is really cool and makes it distinguishable from any other gundams out there.

Hazel Custom is good too if you prefer simpler design and its white color is really nice.

Hazel TR-1 is the Ugliest of them all. The design is nothing special and it got this ridiculously huge white tail-fin that crash with the overall dark-blue color of the suit.

Went to look at it on HLJ. The dark blue one with the huge white tail unit is actually a prototype version. the normal TR-1 is white, without the tail...

edit: the box actually said hazel custom, so you were right... Sorry!

Also, the MG Hi-Nu is atm both in stock and on sale. Just saying...

Appel 2011-12-29 18:08

and here we are:

http://www.abload.de/img/img0952gkxs3.jpg

its enourmous. thats pretty much the only thing this thing has going for it XD

Bonta Kun 2011-12-29 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3924078)
and here we are:

*snip*

its enourmous. thats pretty much the only thing this thing has going for it XD

Well I'd also add the fact it is rather ridiculous yet oddly awesome.

Still think I prefer a IWSP compared to what you get with the FA tho.
The 2 hyper bazookas don't look cool enough imo.

Altho the beam halberd-esque thingys are wicked cool. Always been a fan of the Halberd for some odd reason:p

Kuroi Hadou 2011-12-29 20:30

*head tilt* They had an extra beam magnum lying around and no-one told me? :frustrated: :heh:

Akyra 2011-12-29 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3924078)
and here we are:

http://www.abload.de/img/img0952gkxs3.jpg

its enourmous. thats pretty much the only thing this thing has going for it XD

Lol...it's just over the top. But I like it!

That action base a special edition? I am planning to get the FA Unicorn as well, but I can't find any info on that base...:confused:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-29 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3924078)
and here we are:

its enourmous. thats pretty much the only thing this thing has going for it XD

Those are the most overkill weapons a gundam can carry with its arms. Still, it looks badass in a weird way. Just imagined if Unicorn use all those weapons at the same time in battle, the opponents would become cosmic dust :heh:.

HasuMasu 2011-12-30 00:26

Now you can spam weapons almost half as much as the Strike Freedom. :heh:

Appel 2011-12-30 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra (Post 3924315)
Lol...it's just over the top. But I like it!

That action base a special edition? I am planning to get the FA Unicorn as well, but I can't find any info on that base...:confused:

the base is a standard white action base. i made the decals myself.

Butagami 2011-12-30 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3924078)
and here we are:

http://www.abload.de/img/img0952gkxs3.jpg

its enourmous. thats pretty much the only thing this thing has going for it XD

I wish they'd have made some sort of locking mechanism to have it hold the weapons horizontally, instead of aiming at the ground. Still looks awesome though.

When are you going to add the glow in the dark effect?

Appel 2011-12-30 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3924781)
I wish they'd have made some sort of locking mechanism to have it hold the weapons horizontally, instead of aiming at the ground. Still looks awesome though.

When are you going to add the glow in the dark effect?

I already did :B id love to show it off but taking a photo of that with my phone is impossible. the photo is just black.

helois 2011-12-30 14:30

dalong has the HG banshee destroy mode...

i love it.. hope in a MG version.. ^^

Appel 2011-12-30 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by helois (Post 3925334)
dalong has the HG banshee destroy mode...

i love it.. hope in a MG version.. ^^

im not surprised. dalong owns every gunpla kit in existence :P well, almost all of them, i think he is missing most of the SD stuff.
but im sure we will see a MG banshee. im pretty certain we will get it after the next episode of unicorn, just like they did it with the delta plus: first it briefly appeared in the OVA, after that we got a HG and after the episode in which it was actually in combat they released the MG.

Butagami 2011-12-30 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3924839)
I already did :B id love to show it off but taking a photo of that with my phone is impossible. the photo is just black.

Get a better phone :P I MUST see how it's turned out, sounds epic...

Appel 2011-12-30 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3925549)
Get a better phone :P I MUST see how it's turned out, sounds epic...

the effect is actually rather faint and not easy to make out. i blame the terrible lighting in my apartment XD i think the pigments dont get enough light to charge up properly.
however, because the pigments have a very bright yellow-green color they make the psycho frame pieces look a lot more vivid in the daylight! it still looks like the original color, its just a little more intense^^ that alone made it worth it!
the shields glow a lot though because the psycho frame pieces in them are very big.

Bonta Kun 2011-12-30 23:41

So how come we haven't had any of the usual crew posting this crap?!:p

HG 1/144 G-Bouncer

HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-2 - Double Bullet

HG 1/144 Zeidora


And a little something for Nike, Exia Rasier!;)

HasuMasu 2011-12-31 00:57

^ Great finds, the Zeidora is looking particularly awesome. :bow:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-31 01:03

:uhoh: That Zeidora looks like a brother/sister of EVA 02.

HasuMasu 2011-12-31 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3926095)
:uhoh: That Zeidora looks like a brother/sister of EVA 02.

Wow, I didn't notice that. :twitch:

I admit the first thing I thought of when I saw it was Bionicle. :heh:

casval cehack 2011-12-31 04:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3925977)

And a little something for Nike, Exia Rasier!;)

The twin drives looks better on Exia.

MakubeX2 2011-12-31 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3924078)
and here we are:
its enourmous. thats pretty much the only thing this thing has going for it XD

How about you placed the FA Unicorn aganist the EX-S side by side to compare the size and bulk ?

And for those interested, the FA Unicorn is now in major retail stores (i.e. Toy R Us) from where I am selling at US$130. It sure weighs a ton.

Appel 2011-12-31 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3926273)
The twin drives looks better on Exia.

i dont think so. the exia wasnt designed for that bulky backpack, its way too skinny for that in my opinion!
the custom sword looks good though.

Butagami 2011-12-31 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3926273)
The twin drives looks better on Exia.

It looks as if they're supposed to be there, yeah. Then again, 00 with a drive-cone on it's back would look 'tarded.

Zeidora reminds me a bit of the reborns gundam, mostly the chest

Appel 2011-12-31 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3926395)
How about you placed the FA Unicorn aganist the EX-S side by side to compare the size and bulk ?

And for those interested, the FA Unicorn is now in major retail stores (i.e. Toy R Us) from where I am selling at US$130. It sure weighs a ton.

here we go:
http://www.abload.de/img/img1091fa49.jpg

the unicorn is taller with all the stuff added to it but the Ex-S is a lot wider all by itself. the unicorn still looks a little skinny :P but all the stuff added to the arms helps a lot!

$130 is a good price though in my opinion. including shipping and customs fees i paid 130€ for it which is about $170.

MakubeX2 2011-12-31 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3926615)
the unicorn is taller with all the stuff added to it but the Ex-S is a lot wider all by itself. the unicorn still looks a little skinny :P but all the stuff added to the arms helps a lot!

Overall, for 8000 yen, the Ex-S still held it's own aesthetic value. The FA unicorn just looks messy compared to the Ex-S. But the armaments of the FA Unicorn has their worth when it comes down to kitbashing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.