AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) World Trigger New Season (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=154687)

Stark700 2019-12-20 22:54

World Trigger New Season
 
https://i.imgur.com/XWl1n2g.jpg?1

World Trigger is getting a new season from today's announcement. Date is unknown though.



Source
https://twitter.com/W_Trigger_off/st...32534527492096

Stark700 2020-03-31 21:05

New visual for the upcoming World Trigger 2 anime

https://i.imgur.com/Fd9dk6G.jpg?1

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/statu...70079710375936

Stark700 2020-10-01 10:06

New character visual is out for Season 2

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/wt/news/2020100201.html

Stark700 2020-10-30 09:13

A special new PV is out for the upcoming anime

https://twitter.com/Anime_W_Trigger/...79085213159424

LG-MAX 2.o 2020-11-28 21:46

New pv

https://twitter.com/Anime_W_Trigger/...91521834307584

Blaat 2020-12-19 05:50

Third season has been announced. Or to be really exact the January 2021 series is going to be a split cours series and they're calling the 2nd cour season 3. :heh:

James Rye 2021-01-07 18:31

Tomorrow is the day. I hope the quality really got better, heard first season was made for Children as main audience and now they changed it to adults and are now allowed to make the Trion gas look black and gas-like and not green and cube-like. That alone will help a lot in my opinion.

Stark700 2021-01-09 14:07

First episode is out on Crunchyroll

That OP song fits so well for this show, practically made for it.

It's been a few years but very glad to see the familiar cast and new faces like Yomi. I noticed they didn't do much recapping for this premiere episode so it assumes viewers remembers the first season. Personally, I might have to watch a recap again to refresh my mind a bit about the series.

Animation looks just like as I remember from years ago. Looks like this season has a lot of potential.

Blaat 2021-01-09 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Rye (Post 6454208)
Tomorrow is the day. I hope the quality really got better, heard first season was made for Children as main audience and now they changed it to adults and are now allowed to make the Trion gas look black and gas-like and not green and cube-like. That alone will help a lot in my opinion.

WT is pretty clean so I don't think the audience really matters in the grand scheme of things.

Two biggest problems of the first season were the pacing and animation. The animation was bad early on (Jin fighting the other A class members was painful to watch) but improved somewhat by the invasion arc but the pacing was consistently slow throughout the entire series. I assume, because Toei thought they had another long running shounen on their hands, and when you have one you draw things out to make sure the manga stay ahead.

Anyway the first episode looked better than any episode of the first season, the quality difference is huge. Jin attacking the invaders with Fujiin looked awesome. The action looked great, the pacing was good for once. If only the first season had this treatment.
Also I know I'm going to like Megumi Han as Katori.

Uribatake 2021-01-09 16:00

I'm very happy with how the first episode turned out, not only because of the improved animation, but because it covered the scenes from chapters 120-123 with the Galopoula guys planning their attack, which were skipped by the last episodes of the previous season. When I look back at the bad animation I had to endure while watching the second year of Saint Seiya Omega and the early episodes of World Trigger and Dragon Ball Super, it's hard to believe Toei is now doing so many high-quality shows at the same time.

James Rye 2021-01-09 17:05

Smooth animation.
A real OP that is not only good but also redid Osamu's badass moment.
A comfy ED.
Moving Chibis!
Ikoma looking into the camera!!!
Black Smoke instead of green cubes!!!!
Stuff from three (THREE!!!!!) chapters done in one episode!!!!!!
VA and SFX being as great as before.

Seriously why couldn't we have that for season 1? Oh well, as long as this quality keeps up for the rest of the season and the third one I am happy. That new director really is good, no wonder the Magical girl series fans are crying for his leave. But he will bring back glory to the WT anime that it deserves!!!

As for the anime itself - did Suwa's voice change? I felt it was a bit older sounding/deeper in the first one, he sounded pretty young and chipper in this. Katori is just good, loved her team's battle against the three marmods and the big guy (forgot its name, Bamsomething), it had the right focus and speed and fluid movement like the marmod activating his weapon or Katori deactivating hers, so that it didn't felt like a picture show like some of the fights in season 1.

I wonder how many first time watchers feel confused by how sidelined the MCs of this series are by episode 1. XD
It had been 4-5 years after all, plenty might not have seen season 1. The first episode still did a good thing of setting telling without a whole ten minute recap like we had to endure through way too many episodes in season 1.

James Rye 2021-01-09 17:40

https://s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent...0231417674.png

Like look at the difference in season 1 and 2 quality, it is nuts!

LG-MAX 2.o 2021-01-09 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Rye (Post 6454208)
Tomorrow is the day. I hope the quality really got better, heard first season was made for Children as main audience and now they changed it to adults and are now allowed to make the Trion gas look black and gas-like and not green and cube-like. That alone will help a lot in my opinion.

The first season was aired in the morning, the new season aired at 1:30 am in the anime block Numanimation that showed Taiso Zamurai before. I am surprised since this block was showing more mature anime (showed Evangelion) and is now betting on World Trigger, so I believe that your assumption is correct.

Numanimation site: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/numanimation/

James Rye 2021-01-09 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o (Post 6454800)
The first season was aired in the morning, the new season aired at 1:30 am in the anime block Numanimation that showed Taiso Zamurai before. I am surprised by this since this block was showing more mature anime (showed Evangelion) and is now betting on World Trigger, so I believe that your assumption is correct.

I am just sooooooo happy that the colors finally look right. LOOK AT THE COLORS!!!

https://s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent...0231831399.jpg

Kanon 2021-01-09 19:34

I thought this episode was going to be a recap but they apparently don't care about bringing in new viewers. There wasn't even one of those mini recaps they did in the first season, the episode started right where they left off. Ok, that's not entirely accurate, since they went back and redid the second invasion from scratch. And I guess the OP is sort of a recap too.

Anyway, I'm happy to see this animated so well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uribatake (Post 6454757)
I'm very happy with how the first episode turned out, not only because of the improved animation, but because it covered the scenes from chapters 120-123 with the Galopoula guys planning their attack, which were skipped by the last episodes of the previous season. When I look back at the bad animation I had to endure while watching the second year of Saint Seiya Omega and the early episodes of World Trigger and Dragon Ball Super, it's hard to believe Toei is now doing so many high-quality shows at the same time.

I'm not sure what exactly happened with Toei, but both Dragon Quest and this look great, and I heard One Piece's animation also drastically improved since the Wano arc started. Hope they keep that up.

LG-MAX 2.o 2021-01-09 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6454806)
I thought this episode was going to be a recap but they apparently don't care about bringing in new viewers. There wasn't even one of those mini recaps they did in the first season, the episode started right where they left off. Ok, that's not entirely accurate, since they went back and redid the second invasion from scratch. And I guess the OP is sort of a recap too.

Anyway, I'm happy to see this animated so well.



I'm not sure what exactly happened with Toei, but both Dragon Quest and this look great, and I heard One Piece's animation also drastically improved since the Wano arc started. Hope they keep that up.

In the case of One Piece, the animation director changed and that brought good consequences for the series, there are beautiful moments in the use of haki.

Perhaps Toei / Shueisha understood that investing decently in anime can generate a profit much greater than just the minimum required. Perhaps Kimetsu's success influenced shueisha and the other producers?

Wandering Soul 2021-01-09 22:23

I only ever watched clips of the first season, but even I can see this season looks better compared to that one.

FlareKnight 2021-01-10 00:30

The visuals are definitely a step up which is appreciated. Good tone for the first episode as well. So far so good in defending this attack. But of course it's only a win if they can keep their away ship safe.

Of course some uncertainty with Hyuse also. Not going to have an easy time since this attack has orders to not take Hyuse back if they see him. Not shocking of course. Presumably Hyuse knows that kind of order is going to be given considering he was abandoned in the first place.

Anh_Minh 2021-01-10 07:27

I don't remember. At which point did the first season stop?

AntonKutovoi 2021-01-10 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o (Post 6454808)
Perhaps Toei / Shueisha understood that investing decently in anime can generate a profit much greater than just the minimum required. Perhaps Kimetsu's success influenced shueisha and the other producers?

Toei returned to form much earlier than KnY, though. I mean, GeGeGe no Kitaro looked really great most of the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Rye (Post 6454768)
As for the anime itself - did Suwa's voice change? I felt it was a bit older sounding/deeper in the first one, he sounded pretty young and chipper in this.

No. It's still Yusuke Numata. The only one, who is changed (so far) is Betsuyaku from Suzunari-1. He is now voiced by a rookie voice actor Taichi Kusano. Rest of the cast returned to the old roles. Obviously, Rindo will have a new VA, but it's unknown, who will voice him now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.