AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2015-07-31 17:58

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-emh2E5j_ps...ntitled-39.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S-gy3haZGl...ntitled-40.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WPRY6EzO61...ntitled-41.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XXNn7qq3aM...91224509ff.jpg

Rising Dragon 2015-07-31 18:15

Dat G-Self.

Patriot's Blade 2015-07-31 23:23

i think i can hear flamenco music just looking at Red Warrior's box art alone :heh:

GN0010 Nosferatu 2015-08-01 10:41

Doesn't Gundam Leopard have opening chest gatling guns? I haven't seen the Da Vinci model exhibit that. Was it removed in the model kit from the show?

Skye629 2015-08-02 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 5609348)
Doesn't Gundam Leopard have opening chest gatling guns? I haven't seen the Da Vinci model exhibit that. Was it removed in the model kit from the show?

It was never shown in the show or any of the model appearances so far in the hobby shows. I would assume though that its present in the model, or at the very least it has a design which Bandai can add/swap some parts to incorporate it. Since more likely than not this is the base for a HGAW Leopard/Leopard Destroy

wavehawk 2015-08-02 05:14

The Da Vinci's chest design is different from the stock Gundam Leopard, so it'll most likely not be a feature on the Da Vinci version.

Also, don't get your hopes up too high. While I liked putting the HGUC Ez-8 together, my biggest gripes with it were that: 1.) you couldn't slide out the chest armor like the old 1/.144 kit and 2.) the shoulder hinges for the parachute straps were fixed unlike the old 1/144 kit.

So if they put out a normal HGAW Gundam Leopard with no chest gatlings I'd be annoyed but certainly not surprised.

Patriot's Blade 2015-08-04 07:36

in an attempt at modding, i 'd like to hear an opinion from members here on the size ratio of the HGUC Sazabi's head unit, for in universe accuracy, do you consider it too small for it to even fit Char's spherical psychic throne of doom? compared to a Zeong's or Psyco Gundam's head cockpits? i don't own a Rick Dias who also has a head cockpit for a comparison by the way.

Skye629 2015-08-04 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5611801)
in an attempt at modding, i 'd like to hear an opinion from members here on the size ratio of the HGUC Sazabi's head unit, for in universe accuracy, do you consider it too small for it to even fit Char's spherical psychic throne of doom? compared to a Zeong's or Psyco Gundam's head cockpits? i don't own a Rick Dias who also has a head cockpit for a comparison by the way.

So just to be clear, you are trying to mod a sphere cockpit into the HGUC Sazabi's head?

What are you doing with it? Just the ball and close the head over it? Head and cockpit open diorama/display?



On the kit itself (which I own and have built), the head is smaller than the old school art/model kits for it to be more modern/good looking

This is what you have to work with (Image via google image search, I put the link since the image is so big):

http://www.hobbyhovel.com/wp-content...Sazabi-013.jpg

You have to somehow cut off the top tube(?, has to be only the top part too I believe, the lower part I think is what connects the head to the neck joint) section that the monoeye piece rotates around, and install a ball cockpit of the same diameter

Blazer-X 2015-08-05 23:15

MG Jesta Cannon... P-Bandai...

NO! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOO!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/0...ta-cannon.html

wavehawk 2015-08-06 04:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazer-x (Post 5613270)
mg jesta cannon... P-bandai...

f. M. L.
god
dammit
bandai

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-08-06 06:55

MG Jesta Cannon exclusive...... :sad:

Well, just like MG Hyaku Shiki’s Bazooka Launcher, many of us already saw this coming from miles away, so we have prepared our hearts (and wallets) when the eventuality comes.

Though, I don’t really know how to see this phenomenon. Is this slow-but-sure increasing trend of exclusive kits an indication that Gunpla is no longer as popular as in the old times and Bandai can’t afford to mass release a wide variety of kits anymore, or Bandai just realized that Online Exclusive is a fucking great cow to milk so much that they even make brand new molds for it? Or can it be both?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5613425)
f. M. L.
god
dammit
bandai

Well, if OE stuffs too expensive, we can always wait for the third party product release of those "Cannon" parts. They're getting better at copying Bandai and in some places even improve Bandai products (eg. making HG Age Spallow's knife an actual clear green instead of Bandai's solid plastic wrapped in metallic sticker).

Sworra 2015-08-06 09:55

I almost had a heart attack! Why do you have to be so difficult Bandai. Making the MG Jesta Cannon an exclusive. I should go over there and knock people's heads together. If everyone petitions at Bandai I bet they will make it a regular release. But I can only dream. lol Well I might as well buy two, thanks Bandai. My wallet is crying!!!

Skye629 2015-08-06 23:01

DX Godammit, o well guess I going to get it anyways......



EDIT: NVM the place where I get all my exclusive stuff is asking for a price thats a bit above what Im willing to pay for a Jesta Cannon, owell money saved I guess

StrikeFreedomV2 2015-08-07 16:14

To those interested in getting the Robot Damashii Freedom Gundam, here is a review

http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2015/08...undam.html?m=1

Please take a look on the face. Its totally messed up IMHO and I won't be getting it until it (hopefully) gets re-released without that face. Otherwise it seems to be perfect. It's a shame :(

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-08-07 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 5614947)
To those interested in getting the Robot Damashii Freedom Gundam, here is a review

http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2015/08...undam.html?m=1

Please take a look on the face. Its totally messed up IMHO and I won't be getting it until it (hopefully) gets re-released without that face. Otherwise it seems to be perfect. It's a shame :(

Eh, imo itís not that bad. Itís more or less close to MB Freedomís face, and I think itís even better than RG Freedomís face with the huge air-vents that filled the majority of its mouth-piece. Well, the MG Freedomís face is still the best though.

wavehawk 2015-08-08 08:27

Not sure if this fits here or the Ridiculous image thread...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...aea2fc704ad0fc

Patriot's Blade 2015-08-08 10:03

there is no articulated Gundam Rasiel for purchase other than the statue that is the FG 1/144 kit right? unless i am fooled by an average joe/jane who manages to do a scratch build conversion on par with Bandai's & their hobby mags in house modelers level who did make an articulated Gundam Rasiel scratch build conversion, unless that was the same person they hired.

Skye629 2015-08-08 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5615678)
there is no articulated Gundam Rasiel for purchase other than the statue that is the FG 1/144 kit right? unless i am fooled by an average joe/jane who manages to do a scratch build conversion on par with Bandai's & their hobby mags in house modelers level who did make an articulated Gundam Rasiel scratch build conversion, unless that was the same person they hired.

You are correct, the only version is the one from the Hobby Magazine

wavehawk 2015-08-08 20:32

And the Dengeki Magazine that Rasiel comes with has instructions on how to add articulation to it. You'll just need to sacrifice an HG Dynames for some of the leg parts and some extra polycaps. I kind of ruined mine by sawing through all of the wrogn parts--don't ask.

Chibiloli 2015-08-09 02:29

Well since I had recently gotten the set, might as well ask here, aside from the Radome Yo-Yo, the scissor swords and the nipper shield, how exactly does the railgun and the spray gun work? I know how a railgun works but like how does this particular one work? I see two spikes on the front and I assume from the lack of a visible magazine that its a one shot weapon, and as for the spray gun, I have no idea, it uses canisters so I assume it sprays paint?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.