AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2012-11-29 12:17

I actually think it looks pretty cool. It adds a bit of design to an otherwise relatively plain looking Gundam.

Also what's wrong with Bandai milking the Unicorn series? It's currently the new running series (or OVA series to be precise), it's popular, and Unicorn is within UC timeline so it can make sense. =)

Bonta Kun 2012-11-29 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4455702)
While the new Nu Ver.Ka does look amazing I kind of don't like that it seems to have clear psychoframe pieces throughout it's body...

I mean look at it! The armor pieces even pop aside to reveal them! What is this? Nu Unicorn Gundam Destroy Mode? >__>
It kind of makes the Unicorn itself less unique in my opinion. The whole point of the Unicorn was to have a Gundam that has a complete psycho frame and now the Nu, which is much older than the Unicorn, does the exact same thing.
I know it's just a non-canonical redesign but in my opinion this kind of makes it look like they are trying to milk Unicorn even harder than they already are^^

Well the Unicorn was supposed to be developed from the Nu so guess it having a partial P-Frame is fine by me.
But I like this look much better than the older vers. It's much more mechanical looking than the more smooth style.
As that older style feels abit dated to me, just like with the RX-78(altho it's newer updates aren't bad)
Sadly very few gundams have that classical look that can uphold through time unlike say some classical cars.

Will be getting Nu regardless, it's simply awesome looking now:D

suiton629 2012-11-29 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4455736)
Well the Unicorn was supposed to be developed from the Nu so guess it having a partial P-Frame is fine by me.
But I like this look much better than the older vers. It's much more mechanical looking than the more smooth style.
As that older style feels abit dated to me, just like with the RX-78(altho it's newer updates aren't bad)
Sadly very few gundams have that classical look that can uphold through time unlike say some classical cars.

Will be getting Nu regardless, it's simply awesome looking now:D

Agreed. =)
As you know, I'm not really well versed in UC series. I didn't know that Nu was supposed to be developed into Unicorn, but I do see similarities there so it makes sense that the Nu Gundam would have psychoframe showing.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-11-29 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4455736)

I would say Gundam Mk.II and (especially) Zeta Gundam's design are timeless. You can put them side-by-side with any other modern Gundams and they won't look outdated :).

suiton629 2012-11-29 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4455750)
I would say Gundam Mk.II and (especially) Zeta Gundam's design are timeless. You can put them side-by-side with any other modern Gundams and they won't look outdated :).

Any other modern Gundams?
Hm.. Gundam 00 designs. BOOM. =P

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-11-29 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4455751)
Any other modern Gundams?
Hm.. Gundam 00 designs. BOOM. =P

What "BOOM"? Zeta still looks sexy and futuristic next to 00 Qant, Exia, 00 Raiser, etc any time :rolleyes:.

suiton629 2012-11-29 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4455754)
What "BOOM"? Zeta still looks sexy and futuristic next to 00 Qant, Exia, 00 Raiser, etc any time :rolleyes:.

Zeta...00 mecha designs.

Nope. 00 is way more futuristic and streamlined.

FalsePrime 2012-11-29 13:27

Streamlined doesn't always make them better.

In fact to many people it can be a huge problem, very much something you hear alot when people who prefer Wing Gundam Zero to Wing Gundam Zero EW.

Not the hugest fan of Zeta, but I do think that Zeta and more so HS can easily stand next to anything from SEED/OO/Age.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-11-29 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4455754)

I agree. The MK-II is one of my favourite designs and its definitely a a timeless design. While I'm not the biggest fan of the Zeta, it looks more futuristic then a lof the other designs out there.

RX93-2 2012-11-29 14:00

I think the semi-psychoframe on the new MG NU is meant to emulate the end of the movie where Amuro overloaded it to push back Axis.
The model interpretation of it is obviously a nod to the unicorn, and a cool gimmick, but the in-canon explanation doesn't from out of nothing.

suiton629 2012-11-29 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX93-2 (Post 4455782)
I think the semi-psychoframe on the new MG NU is meant to emulate the end of the movie where Amuro overloaded it to push back Axis.
The model interpretation of it is obviously a nod to the unicorn, and a cool gimmick, but the in-canon explanation doesn't from out of nothing.

Makes sense, but I never saw much of UC at all aside from 08th MS Team and random episodes of various series here and there.

bio9205 2012-11-29 18:53

Well, as a newly minted UC fan, they can milk Unicorn for all I care. :heh:

Nu looks amazing. But isn't it supposed to have a psychoframe cockpit only, and not around the entire MS?

helois 2012-11-30 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4455702)
While the new Nu Ver.Ka does look amazing I kind of don't like that it seems to have clear psychoframe pieces throughout it's body...
I mean look at it! The armor pieces even pop aside to reveal them! What is this? Nu Unicorn Gundam Destroy Mode? >__>
It kind of makes the Unicorn itself less unique in my opinion. The whole point of the Unicorn was to have a Gundam that has a complete psycho frame and now the Nu, which is much older than the Unicorn, does the exact same thing.
I know it's just a non-canonical redesign but in my opinion this kind of makes it look like they are trying to milk Unicorn even harder than they already are^^

I think about the final scene of CCA,where there is that amount of particles,maybe there was a chest,arms break to release the particles and we don't see it in the show.. and like Bonta Kun said the Unicorn is a develop of the Nu,so a psycoframe that "appear" from nothing (in the Unicorn) is less "magic", I know,but it more justified by the presence of this in the Nu..

otherwise,it's a choise to reveal the frame.. ;)

derrickmc63 2012-11-30 11:29

MG Nu Ver Ka. is definitely a buy for me. From all the features that have been given to us, the price tag looks like its worth it for this model.

suiton629 2012-11-30 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrickmc63 (Post 4456956)
MG Nu Ver Ka. is definitely a buy for me. From all the features that have been given to us, the price tag looks like its worth it for this model.

I guess. =)

But me, I'm trying to save up for these at the moment..

MG 00 Raiser (Trans-Am) --> lookin at eBay
MG Exia (Trans-Am)
MG Age-2 Darkhound

>_<

That's gonna be it for GunPla for a while... maybe get another MG 00 Qan[T] to display 1 with the Quantum Burst Mode pose. =P

I know.. I'm a 00 fiend...rofl rofl

Skye629 2012-11-30 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4455795)
Makes sense, but I never saw much of UC at all aside from 08th MS Team and random episodes of various series here and there.

All the more reason you should go and watch all the UC series, at least watch the Original series, Zeta, ZZ, and CCA

Skye629 2012-11-30 14:02

The new Rozen Zulu and C;anche Custom pics are looking fantastic! >< but I haz no cash for them atm

bio9205 2012-11-30 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4457098)
The new Rozen Zulu and C;anche Custom pics are looking fantastic! >< but I haz no cash for them atm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iPKV6SOGP6...s1600/1ga2.jpg

Really disappointed Bandai cheaped out on the white plastic for the claws and the fuel tanks. Guess I'll have to try my hand at some proper painting. :heh:

MoonLightShadows 2012-11-30 19:54

So far all of the Zulu kits from Unicorn have been built really sturdy. I really like the Zee Zulu's. Hopefully Angelos Rozen is built just as good, with all its display pieces. :p

~Destiny~ 2012-11-30 22:08

Is that really the final product? It's surprisingly.... Bright..