AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Valkyria Chronicles (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVA - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104209)

Klashikari 2011-05-15 02:34

Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVA - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVA, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Panzerklein 2011-05-15 10:33

This episode, I see a KV-like white tank of the Empire and 422th squad's tank is really look like King Tiger which are one of my favorite tanks. I wonder, if this "King Tiger" is better than 7th squad's tank :D.

And begin with nice tactics to force enemy retreat.

Friday 2011-05-19 08:36

It was a good episode
and nice to see the old crew again
shame its only 2 episodes
wonder when the 2nd one be on.......

MrTerrorist 2011-05-20 10:53

Just so you know, it is recommended you play VC3 before watching this OVA since it takes place sometime later of the game.

Spoiler for timeline:

Spoiler for ep review:

KiraYamatoFan 2011-05-20 22:57

It's a shame there are not so many fansub groups taking on this one so far. :(

Bonta Kun 2011-06-21 08:33

Well since I've been outta the loop about alot of the later VC stuff(I always have a hard time keeping up with game series unless I'm actually playing the games), I took the plunge just to see how this was.
It was...how do I put this "kinda wish the original series was abit like this" meaning it was awesome and if the original series had that slighter darker and more serious tone, would have made it even better.

Ehh for one of the characters all I know she is Homer sister(the long blonde haired one?)
She is delicious:love:....oh and same goes for the tank driver!

Now I'm left thinking on whether to wait for the VCIII to appear on that SONY PS3 remake thingy or get it for my PSP(if it ever gets released) or wait and hope it sees a NGP release!
Oh the choices!

yezhanquan 2011-06-21 08:37

Well, at least VC3 didn't have an idiot enemy commander as the last boss. It is rather difficult to imagine that the Prince helped started everything, given his ineptness.

sora1412 2011-06-25 13:37

Something weird abt the OVA. Most of the rifles that the Nameless has looks like Semiauto rifles but they fired as if it was bolt action @@

Runty 2011-06-27 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by sora1412 (Post 3666805)
Something weird abt the OVA. Most of the rifles that the Nameless has looks like Semiauto rifles but they fired as if it was bolt action @@

That'd probably be due to them conserving ammunition; they're quite low throughout much of the OVA.

Also, to note, when does the second part come out?

sora1412 2011-06-28 10:00

some where around August I think

Tak 2011-07-05 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runty (Post 3669482)
That'd probably be due to them conserving ammunition; they're quite low throughout much of the OVA.

In the game as well, they are not the best supplied forces in the army. A lot of their supplies were smuggled.

- Tak

Jeffry2009 2011-08-05 06:04

Some other characters from VC3 game like Annika Alcott, Shin Hyuga, Gisele Fleming & others are no-show. Why?! :(

ars89 2011-08-10 19:44

Just great, liked seeing the old crew as well.

Yu Ominae 2011-09-17 03:13

DVDs/Blu-Rays are out/should be out by now...

OpenDoors 2011-09-19 22:09

Just saw the episode, can't but shake the feeling that this is what the TV should have been lol.

Overall really liked it!!

SoggySoyBean 2011-09-24 19:27

That was pretty pleasant overall, its nice to see the changes from the tv. Sound affect choice was amusing and enjoyable xD

grylsyjaeger 2011-09-29 03:24

Yeah just watched this too. Really enjoyed especially compared to the original anime.

A couple of little gripes like the manual cycling of the auto-loading rifles and firing a AT Lance out of a tank's main gun.

But it had a lot of nice little details packed it. I quite impressed with the accurate use of a range finder and showing the viewer how it worked by bringing each half of the image into focus.

And actually seeing some tactics employed was very enjoyable too.

Now if only they'd localize VC3 I'd play the bloody thing.

Although I must say just watching that OVA has me wanting to replay VC.

creb 2011-10-03 21:30

Watching this just reminded me how much I hate SEGA for not localizing VC 3.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-10-04 07:18

Watching this reminds me how much I missed all things Valkyria Chronicles :meh: I assume this is pretty deep into the story, seeing as how this group of dirty dozens have so much cohesion working together- In fact most of them didn't feel like harden criminals (I know some aren't but I know some are).

It takes one to know one and I can't believe I'm saying this- But they really should observe light and noise discipline at night :heh:

Runty 2011-10-04 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3792065)
Watching this reminds me how much I missed all things Valkyria Chronicles :meh: I assume this is pretty deep into the story, seeing as how this group of dirty dozens have so much cohesion working together- In fact most of them didn't feel like harden criminals (I know some aren't but I know some are).

It takes one to know one and I can't believe I'm saying this- But they really should observe light and noise discipline at night :heh:

Most of them are in for petty crimes, though I'll guess that it's because they pissed off the wrong people in whatever they did. That's politics for ya.