AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kannagi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Kannagi - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73345)

xris 2008-10-24 11:04

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Kannagi anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Kannagi which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gif icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

JMvS 2008-10-24 13:59

When is the show exactly broadcasted? (day and local time)

xris 2008-10-24 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMvS (Post 2010410)
When is the show exactly broadcasted? (day and local time)

From Fansub Wiki Who Subs What: FALL 2008 or from mahou Showtime.

Saturday at 22:30PM on the Tokyo MX Network.

JMvS 2008-10-24 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 2010438)
From Fansub Wiki Who Subs What: FALL 2008 or from mahou Showtime.

Saturday at 22:30PM on the Tokyo MX Network.

Thank you! :nod:

teelotes 2008-10-25 22:47

Why is there a plaster on Jin's nose at the start of the series?

msuwildog80 2008-10-26 16:40

Hi

so is this a 12-13 episode series? I believe wikipedia mentioned that 4 DVD is planned with 2-3 episodes per.

I assume that the manga is nowhere near ending as well? I seen some translations, but cannot tell how far behind it currently is.

Westlo 2008-10-27 02:55

The manga is up to chapter 33, no idea how much longer it's planned to be.

Sterling01 2008-10-27 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 2016689)
The manga is up to chapter 33, no idea how much longer it's planned to be.

Actually the manga is up to chapter 35

yxxSOULxxy 2008-10-28 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by msuwildog80 (Post 2015442)
Hi

so is this a 12-13 episode series? I believe wikipedia mentioned that 4 DVD is planned with 2-3 episodes per.

12 episodes i believe,source from http://www.mahou.org/Showtime

frubam 2008-11-09 22:04

So... I hear that this Jin guy can fight pretty well. Is this true?

Dream 2008-11-10 13:12

Since yesterday on 4chan there was so much stuff about nagi being a slut and stuff. Can anyone fill in the blanks for me on that?
All i know is she had an ex-bf and lost her virginity?
like is that from the manga?

herbert 2008-11-10 13:42

@ frubam
He is above average, but he is not really outstanding
Spoiler for who is the best (manga spoiler):

@ Dream
Spoiler:

Vexx 2008-11-10 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream (Post 2045517)
Since yesterday on 4chan there was so much stuff about nagi being a slut and stuff. Can anyone fill in the blanks for me on that?
All i know is she had an ex-bf and lost her virginity?
like is that from the manga?

I think the moral of the story is that a fair number of 4chan'ers are hypocritical self-righteous twits who should be smacked for their temerity in questioning how a kami spent her eons. Sometimes its hard to believe I'm in the same species as that lot.

Sterling01 2008-11-11 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 2046382)
I think the moral of the story is that a fair number of 4chan'ers are hypocritical self-righteous twits who should be smacked for their temerity in questioning how a kami spent her eons. Sometimes its hard to believe I'm in the same species as that lot.

Just so you know 2ch is saying the same thing.

Vexx 2008-11-11 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 2047298)
Just so you know 2ch is saying the same thing.

And the same comment for those posters as well.... my attitude towards certain native otaku dive when they get stuffed and so righteous over "purity" when they're such a garbage bag of impure thoughts themselves (immature hypocrisy, they want to do the girl but then they think badly of her :eyebrow: ). They pull this same bullshit on real life voice actresses....

Deathkillz 2008-11-11 12:22

I very much agree with Vexx...

A similar outburst also happened with Minna of Strike Witches. Just because it was revealed that she had a boyfriend and could have done "X, Y and Z", her popularity since that episode dropped all the way to hell.

""Purity" bullshit" is right...and I couldn't have described it any more to the point :rolleyes:

edit:

Oh...there is an actual article on it...

siber222000 2008-11-11 12:43

does kannagi have some parodies? just wondering... cause i dunno, but that eyes on episode 6 i think is from TTGL isn't it? haha i dunno D:

Darknemo2000 2008-11-11 20:39

Vexx, one of reason of such strong reaction I believe is taht it IS shounen. Meaning that not-grown ups tend to read it and you cannot ask from 12 year old to be really acting mature and so.

Of course we also know that a lot of otakus are not that young yet keep the childish act, but i believe if Kannagi were seinen of josei the reaction would have been more subdued. it is just taht in shounen case more of immature public gathers and thats why such threads begin...

In one way or another, unless the issue gets solved soon, the author will be hurt financially. As the popularity of Nagi and the whole manga will go down the hill.

Vexx 2008-11-12 02:44

Don't really care if they're 12 or 20 or whatever.... that's one way youngsters learn - when someone calls their ass on the carpet for such nonsense. Its not only childish, its unmanly :)

Besides... we're talking about a Shinto goddess who's effectively been around for hundreds of years. That almost moves their ranting from poor manners to delusionary :) especially when she flat out says there was someone she liked early in the story.

Meh.... this is one of the reasons I tell Americans to think really hard before calling themselves "otaku".

herbert 2008-11-12 03:25

Hi, everyone. Take this discussion somewhere else you want to continue. Here is a place to ask and answer questions, not to discuss such indepth social phenomenon.