AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Dance in the Vampire Bund (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83479)

serenade_beta 2009-07-03 02:20

Dance in the Vampire Bund

Thread for Dance in the Vampire Bund's anime...

From the new anime thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirn (Post 2488959)
Nozomu Tamaki's Dance in the Vampire Bund anime adaption announced. Announced today in this month's Comic Flapper. No details given on staffs, casts or broadcast schedule.

Wikipedia article.

Manga Thread

---

Dance in the Vampire Bund, huh... Attracted by a rather fanservicey pic, started reading... But... By the time I got to the last released episode so far, both the art/characters/story had gotten rather boring...
Perhaps the anime will be better...?

Come to think of it, need to continue where I left off... Someday...

ZODDGUTS 2009-07-03 02:52

Hmm interesting. Really like the manga quite dark at times. Would have thought though that he's Himegami series would have had a better chance of getting an anime adaptation.

appleseed86 2009-07-03 03:13

I love this manga, just started reading a while ago and got to volume 5 in a day. I need more.
Excited about the anime. wonder how it will turn out.

Knight Hawk 2009-07-03 03:23

Bleh~! Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami would have been the better series to animate then this. Bund just drags and gets boring . . . ugh. Anyways, HUGE Nozomu Tamaki fan here (have all his mangas), so hopefully the anime will stay close to Nozomu's uber art.

Revenger1589 2009-07-03 03:26

I've been meaning to read the manga for some time now but I just never got to it, maybe I'll just wait for the anime. Honestly, if they were going to adapt anything related to vampires I would have preferred Blood Alone but this looks decent.

NeoSam 2009-07-03 04:40

And here's the covers of the seinen manga Dance in the Vampire Bund:

==========

ダンスインザヴァンパイアバンド
Dance in the Vampire Bund

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Flapper.
Currently there are 6 volumes released of this manga, and volume 7 will be released on July 23rd, 2009.

Covers:

From Seven Seas Entertainment:

Quote:

After millennia in hiding, Mina Tepes, the Princess of the ancient covenant and ruler of all vampires, wants change. Using the vast wealth of the Tepes line, she has paid off the entire gross national debt of Japan and in so doing, gained the authority to create a "special district" off the coast of Japan that is to become the future haven to vampires the world over!
Now, on the eve of the landmark press conference announcing the existence of vampires to the world, terrorists and rival factions are plotting to assassinate Mina Tepes before she has a chance to make her world-changing announcement.
Genre: Seinen, Supernatural, Action, Romance

==========

Wiki entry for the manga:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance_in_the_Vampire_Bund

Wargumm1i 2009-07-03 06:40

I cant believe it :D im so happy that it will be turned into a anime :D.

Mizuno 2009-07-03 07:07

I agree the other one might have been a better choice, given it already had a conclusion and being more unique (yuri in medieval time).

sapphire-pyro 2009-07-03 09:00

I've read the manga . . . but I don't remember much of the story . . . but I don't remember being that pleased with it either. Hopefully the anime will make some changes and also make it better. Hehe.

ARQ 2009-07-04 00:17

i liked this manga but honestly, i dont really feel like its gotten anywhere really, for them to be considering an anime already. Sure there have been a few completed arcs but the ending isnt remotely in sight at all.

Kaoru Chujo 2009-07-04 15:58

I've just reread the first 3+ vols of the manga and I can't help thinking: who should play the Princess? She looks like a child (most of the time) but acts like an adult. She's loving and violent and haughty and serious and queenly and managerial. She is well beyond tsundere. Maybe a combination of deredere and murderous, rather than deredere and tsuntsun.

My nominee? Sawashiro Miyuki, who can do just about anything, and has a bit of darkness in her voice. But there are lots of possibilities: Kawasumi Ayako, Tanaka Rie, even Endou Aya or Yukana.

The manga has both a fairly unique central character and a great male lead: he's serious and strong and hasn't yet acted silly at all, even in the midst of his doubts. I'll take Kiuchi Hidenobu (Ren in NANA, Hei in Darker than Black) for the male lead. And there are plenty of juicy side-characters, like Vera and the dangerous vampire count and the father and the student council pres and her shouta and the Haruna figure.

As has been said, the question is whether there is enough story, and how they will conclude an anime series.

EDIT: I've now read up to the end of v5, which is the most recent I can find in Japanese or Chinese, and that seemed to me to end at a reasonable climax, although it might mean some fairly drawn-out episodes, as some chapters seemed in the manga.

Zu Ra 2009-07-08 21:37

The loli character designs were a major turn off for me initially. But as it was vampire related couldn't dismiss it without a look see . So I took time to read the manga and it pretty good . I am looking forward to watching this series .

The name is striking I checked up and going by the German meaning , Bund == Federation / Union . So yeah guess its Dance in the Vampire Union

Kaoru Chujo 2009-07-09 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geta Boshi (Post 2501601)
...The name is striking I checked up and going by the German meaning , Bund == Federation / Union . So yeah guess its Dance in the Vampire Union

The Chinese translation of the manga is "Vampire Alliance" or "Vampire League" (吸血鬼同盟).

But I actually think this is not what the mangaka intended. I think he intended to refer to "The Bund," which was the old name of the main riverside street in Shanghai, when Shanghai was controlled by foreigners.
Spoiler for details from early chapters of manga:
I re-skimmed the first few chapters of the manga to check this out, and what a first episode they will make.

Zu Ra 2009-07-09 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 2501835)
The Chinese translation of the manga is "Vampire Alliance" or "Vampire League" (吸血鬼同盟). The Japanese title is all in katakana, a transliteration of the English "Dance in the Vampire Bund" (dansu in za vampaia bando ダンスインザヴァンパイアバンド).

That makes more sense than Vampire Union, as Vampire Alliance / League sounds way better . But when we take the Romanji conversion Dansu in za Vampaia Bando. Dance in the Vampire Union sounds much better more classy .

But the accurate/appropriate translation of Bund would be League or Alliance w.r.p. to the subject at hand

Spoiler for Just to be safe:

Kaoru Chujo 2009-07-09 13:38

@Geta Boshi: I should have been clearer: I was just trying to show that the Chinese translator agreed with your basic idea of the meaning of Bund here, even though I don't. I wasn't making any suggestions about using "Union," "League," or "Alliance."
Spoiler for safety's sake:

Who 2009-07-09 13:43

Definitely more modern day. Technology in there looked modernistic, plus the reference to some stuff like...

Spoiler for Technology:

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2009-07-12 17:36

Alright, Mina Teppes is awesome!
Here's the creator's official blog,
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/tamakiya_web/
BTW, Teppes was actually the last name of Vlad the Impaler's grandfather.

Mizuno 2009-08-03 23:41

How come Mina looks a shitload better in the anime than the manga? It's almost unfair.

Sterling01 2009-08-03 23:50

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4...0371495.th.jpg
What is with Shinbo and vampires?

Woland 2009-08-04 07:29

I suppose an OVA format would be more appropriate for this but nothing surprise me anymore nowadays...

Oh well, this will probably be the first Shaft works in age I'm not even going to bother to watch.