AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Claymore (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Claymore - Episode 20 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=52923)

Pellissier 2007-08-14 11:09

Claymore - Episode 20 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Claymore, Episode 20.

Important note for this episode:
Since it seems clear that a prominent scene from the manga isn't going to be in the anime people won't be punished for mentioning it, but if anyone wants to say ANYTHING at all about it, beyond the mere fact of its absence, there will be bans. No discussing anything that was determined in that scene. That belongs in the spoiler venting thread, not here. It wasn't in episode 19 or 20 so it doesn't belong in the discussion for these episodes.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

emu777 2007-08-14 11:34

WOOT FIRST

I cant wait for this ep to come out, firstly because its a good series but also because I want to see if the anime will go a different direction than the manga. That and seeing the whole raki situation unfold.

GratefulDead 2007-08-14 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by emu777 (Post 1094969)
WOOT FIRST

I cant wait for this ep to come out, firstly because its a good series but also because I want to see if the anime will go a different direction than the manga. That and seeing the whole raki situation unfold.

No doubt, after the end of 19, I was forced to go read the manga to see what was gunna happen next lol

Mentar 2007-08-14 12:39

Hmmm... at least one scene which DEFINITELY wasn't in the manga, and one scene which wasn't in the manga like this.

Surprising. I didn't expect that. I wonder if this indicates an important deviation or not (probably not, but still...)

Itachi-evil 2007-08-14 13:20

Ah i can't take it anylonger.

I want too see eps.20 and then compare it with the manga:D.

Now i am very convinced that they must change the direction from now on.

Cause following the manga would be more than stupid, cause we would end up with a cliffhanger-ending:uhoh::twitch:.

The manga is pretty slow paced, so no way for a 2nd season, unless own original story, which would be also fine with though:heh:.

Defiled one 2007-08-14 13:31

IŽll see what i can digg

Fenrir_valindri 2007-08-14 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itachi-evil (Post 1095054)
Ah i can't take it anylonger.

I want too see eps.20 and then compare it with the manga:D.

Now i am very convinced that they must change the direction from now on.

Cause following the manga would be more than stupid, cause we would end up with a cliffhanger-ending:uhoh::twitch:.

The manga is pretty slow paced, so no way for a 2nd season, unless own original story, which would be also fine with though:heh:.

I would prefer a cliffhanger ending by far, orginal endings either end up sucking, or making me feel cheated.

My hope is that after this is done they do what they did with hellsing, remake it as an OVA series and release a 1 hour episode monthly or something.

Manga really isnt slow paced at all, it just releases slowly. Which considering the quality, is alright by me. :D

goukilord 2007-08-14 14:10

my beloved spoiler pics still not here :upset:
however i hope they dont destroy this serie with a cheap ending :(

Itachi-evil 2007-08-14 14:11

Eh, yes of course.

I mean it is release-speed is very slow;)

But i would prefer an original ending, cause i can still read the manga then.
The manga will most probably run for about 5years+

So there is really no hope for a 2nd season, which follows the manga.
Or this is what i don't want to happen.
IN 5years i would have already forgotten Claymore:rolleyes:

Fenrir_valindri 2007-08-14 14:17

Nothing is stopping you from reading the manga with a cliffhanger ending :p

Infact it encourages it, and I doubt those of us reading Claymore will forget about it, as we read it monthly as is :D

zetsumei 2007-08-14 14:17

Quote:

I would prefer a cliffhanger ending by far, orginal endings either end up sucking, or making me feel cheated.

My hope is that after this is done they do what they did with hellsing, remake it as an OVA series and release a 1 hour episode monthly or something.

Manga really isnt slow paced at all, it just releases slowly. Which considering the quality, is alright by me.
Let's hope they do that, it would really suck if they start changing things now. I wouldn't mind an OVA 1hr episode monthly. I'd be really pissed off if they start to changing things and ruin this great anime or a 2nd season FTW~ worth the wait to me no matter how long it takes!

Defiled one 2007-08-14 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by goukilord (Post 1095122)
my beloved spoiler pics still not here :upset:
however i hope they dont destroy this serie with a cheap ending :(

To tell you the truth. IŽve seen the pics but I guess nothing big happens...:rolleyes: just wait, nothing really big happens.

witchking99 2007-08-14 14:23

So!, is this week gonna be the same as last week concerning the poll ratings or are we going to grow up and rate the episode more seriuosly this time. :D

Flora20709 2007-08-14 14:25

Yea This Week Im Gonna Rate The Episode More Seriously

Majek 2007-08-14 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetsumei (Post 1095132)
Let's hope they do that, it would really suck if they start changing things now. I wouldn't mind an OVA 1hr episode monthly. I'd be really pissed off if they start to changing things and ruin this great anime or a 2nd season FTW~ worth the wait to me no matter how long it takes!

Start changing now? They've changed plenty already, left loose ends that they can't explain out,... all together preparing for a surprise ending.

stormy001_M1A2 2007-08-14 14:43

I can smell alternate ending very strongly.

Fenrir_valindri 2007-08-14 14:46

I certainly hope not, the ending may be slightly off due to changes, but I hope they do not go for the original ending route

Varis 2007-08-14 14:52

some want a anime original ending, others want the story to stay faithful to the manga....

whatever happens though, there are always those that make a HUGE deal about it, ranting and raving, calling the producers, members or the artist stupid, etc.

That's leaving out the nit picking of the animation quality lol.
zomgwtfbbq!!! at 14:33 there was a frame that was done badly, you could clearly see the eyelashes had a different composition!!! An outrage!

or the music sucked/was off
or the voice actor did a bad job or "didn't quite fit the mood"
this episode was WAY too well done, they should save the budget for scene x,y and z.
The anime is taking a wrong direction for the worse, I'm done watching it (again, for sure this time, I promise!)

but what is REALLY funny is the fact that those complaints happen over and over and over each episode.

ChibiBook 2007-08-14 15:01

hmm nothing really happen in this eps..just talking, next one is the fighting part >.>;;

zetsumei 2007-08-14 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majek (Post 1095174)
Start changing now? They've changed plenty already, left loose ends that they can't explain out,... all together preparing for a surprise ending.

Changed plenty already...!? Like what!? I see very very little difference between the manga and the anime story wise. Here and there the anime did leave out some scenes from the manga/animated a little different but overall they followed the manga story 99% of the time...