AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana - Requests for new threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=55777)

GHDpro 2007-10-07 06:29

Shakugan no Shana - Requests for new threads

Since the Shakugan no Shana forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Shakugan no Shana thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

xris 2007-10-07 06:50

I would like to ask a question of you more experienced Shana addicts :)

Should we create one or two Speculation threads?

Do we need two threads?
- Shakugan no Shana - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers)
- Shakugan no Shana - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Shanites only)

Or is there only a need for one thread?
- Shakugan no Shana - Spoilers & Speculation

I'm assuming we don't really need separate speculation threads for the first / second series, movie, special.

Kinny Riddle 2007-10-07 23:35

There ought to be two, one for the anime (safe to include the movie, I guess) and one for the novels.

Now that Shana has finally got her own section, the novel, which forms the basis for all other mediums, should get its own thread, separate from the manga. I don't think there's that many manga readers compared to the novel readers.

Also, a thread specifically discussing the metaphysics of the Shana-verse would be helpful to newcomers confused with all the Buddhism inspired themes like Power of Existence and Manipulation Spells (Jizaihou), etc. As well as the world view of the Shana-verse.

ashlay 2007-10-07 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle (Post 1189003)
There ought to be two, one for the anime (safe to include the movie, I guess) and one for the novels.

Now that Shana has finally got her own section, the novel, which forms the basis for all other mediums, should get its own thread, separate from the manga. I don't think there's that many manga readers compared to the novel readers.

manga/novel thread seems to have been only used for the novel anyway. might as well just rename that or leave it as is.

Kensuke 2007-10-09 07:30

How about favorite character poll, at least for first season. I guess no need for second season character poll until near end...

My suggestion for poll:
Shana
Yuji Sakai
Kazumi Yoshida
Margery Daw
Eita Tanaka
Keisaku Sato
Hayato Ike
Chigusa Sakai
Matake Ogata
Other

Well, these were present during most of the series.

Devard 2007-10-09 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kensuke (Post 1191712)
How about favorite character poll, at least for first season.

I wouldn't personally support this motion as there wouldn't be much to discuss in my opinion.

Pellissier 2007-10-09 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kensuke (Post 1191712)
How about favorite character poll, at least for first season.

I'm tempted to agree with the above user, I don't see the poll generating a worthy discussion. People are mostly on the movie and second season now, so my guess is that the majority of the votes of such a threads would reflect how personal tastes are going now. (and not how they were towards the first season).

But I do understand the will to have a character poll. So let's say that if the series is sufficiently long (24-26) I'll go with two character polls, one in the middle and one at the end. Hope it's nice enough as a compromise :)

Kinny Riddle 2007-10-09 23:02

Quote:

Also, a thread specifically discussing the metaphysics of the Shana-verse would be helpful to newcomers confused with all the Buddhism inspired themes like Power of Existence and Manipulation Spells (Jizaihou), etc. As well as the world view of the Shana-verse.

Still no mods considering my suggestions so far?

Pellissier 2007-10-10 03:28

Quote:

I have a more specific question. The "spoilers and speculations thread (for experienced Shanites)" is aimed to novel readers only or also to manga readers? I don't know how far the novels are compared to the manga (and compared to the anime).

The anime-only thread will be created.

Quote:

I renamed the novels' thread and created a manga thread.

Quote:

Sounds interesting, make a first post for the discussion and post it here, I'll move it to a new thread. Also make sure to suggest a title :)

Klashikari 2007-10-10 04:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pellissier (Post 1193526)
I have a more specific question. The "spoilers and speculations thread (for experienced Shanites)" is aimed to novel readers only or also to manga readers? I don't know how far the novels are compared to the manga (and compared to the anime).

The anime-only thread will be created.

The novels are... well really far from the current anime media.
As for the Manga, it is following both novel and manga (it isn't possible to say if they will match any of them or being completely stand alone). The plot in the manga is not exactly far, as only one volume is released per year (chapters are released monthly)... currently, there are only 3 volumes, and IIRC, the last one conclude the Friagne arc.

Kinny Riddle 2007-10-10 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pellissier (Post 1193526)

I would say novel readers, since the manga is even further behind the anime.

Quote:

Sounds interesting, make a first post for the discussion and post it here, I'll move it to a new thread. Also make sure to suggest a title :)
Ah. Funny I had lots of ideas when Shana was still one thread, yet when given the opportunity to start a new one, I don't know where to start. :heh:

I was thinking of either:

A Shana-verse Q&A thread. While the ordinary Q&A thread deals with the other issues, like difference between anime and story, this Q&A deals specifically with the metaphysics.

Or a Shana-verse phrase dictionary, where people contribute as the thread expands, with experienced "Shanites" answering anything newcomers would not understand along the way.

I'll write the post as soon as I find the time.

serenade_beta 2007-10-13 14:58

Since there are games out for Shana, how about a game thread?

(though I'm not sure how many actually play the games)

Pellissier 2007-10-14 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1199615)
Since there are games out for Shana, how about a game thread?

(though I'm not sure how many actually play the games)

Wouldn't you (or someone else) be able to create a first post for that thread, at least listing which games are available (posting covers if you want) and for which consoles?

At that point I'll move it as first post of the new thread.

serenade_beta 2007-10-14 04:16

Shakugan no Shana Game Discussion Thread

DS Shakugan no Shana

PS2 Shakugan no Shana

From screenshots, the art is kinda of bad. Or pretty bad. Or...

Like:

Spoiler for image:

And:

Spoiler for image:

And:

Spoiler for image:

Spoiler for Mea:

Devard 2007-10-14 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1200570)
PSP Shakugan no Shana

Correction, it's the PlayStation 2.

serenade_beta 2007-10-14 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devard (Post 1200717)
Correction, it's the PlayStation 2.

Thanks, corrected it.

monir 2007-10-14 20:36

The game discussion thread has been created!

KholdStare 2007-10-15 17:27

Can we have a Shanatan thread? Hehe.

ashlay 2007-10-15 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare (Post 1203453)

should probably do that in an episode thread format if it does happen, with a poll and whatnot.

even though there are a few of them, they're all short and all the same kinds of humor, so one thread should cover the lot.

Pellissier 2007-10-16 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare (Post 1203453)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashlay (Post 1203507)
should probably do that in an episode thread format if it does happen, with a poll and whatnot.

even though there are a few of them, they're all short and all the same kinds of humor, so one thread should cover the lot.

Lol, I didn't see this coming XD
Anyway, even though they're 4-5 minutes special, they're always Shana-related material, aren't they? :)

I also agree that one thread grouping all the specials is enough (including Hecatetan and the other 5 minutes specials), but I'm not sure of including a poll. They're different episodes after all, and one may be better than another. More generically, I don't think a poll for rating them is justified, you may express your appreciation (or your disappointment) well enough in the thread itself.

Thread created. :)