AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

M_Flores 2007-06-20 21:18

btw... Strike Freedom isn't really considered a 'Strike Gundam', is it? lol

Critias 2007-06-20 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 1002856)
You said you've never owned a Strike Gundam before, right?
Well, if you ask me, go for Aile Strike Gundam, Master Grade. Not only do you get the original beauty of Strike Gundam but you also get this really tuff looking stand. As dalong kinda indicated, Noir is better suited for Noir fans, but if you want a Strike, go for THE Strike. Again, just my opinion. I'd rather get that than IWSP or Noir.

The way I went about this is, I got Strike Rouge, Strike IWSP, and Strike Noir.
That way, I'd have Noir, and I could still interchange Rouge and Strike's striker packs without an extra Strike lying around.

philmein 2007-06-20 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 1003775)
btw... Strike Freedom isn't really considered a 'Strike Gundam', is it? lol

You know, I was about to ask that question. But I think "Strike Freedom" is a different (much different) variation from the "Strike Gundams." But yeah, I already own the SF, which I'm still pretty disappointed in due to the wings primarily.

thephreak 2007-06-20 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1003923)
You know, I was about to ask that question. But I think "Strike Freedom" is a different (much different) variation from the "Strike Gundams." But yeah, I already own the SF, which I'm still pretty disappointed in due to the wings primarily.

what didn't you like about the wing unit?

philmein 2007-06-20 23:04

Well, the wings aren't very rigid. Everytime I would move or shake the gundam a bit, the wings are just so flabby that they can't be still. A bit loose. I highly doubt it was due to poor building. Also, that one piece that connects the first wing to the second wing. It's like if you move the wings apart to much, that plastic piece breaks and so the the wings become loose. Not sure if I make sense, but I'm pretty sure everyone can vouch for me that the wings were the most troublesome part of the model kit.

duotiga 2007-06-21 00:22

Gundam 00 merchandising redux

Famitsu.com put up even more extensive coverage of the Gundam 00 Club eX event (and more pics of the MG Turn A Gundam prototype and other figures).

FG (First Grade) Gundam Exia - September
FG Gundam Dynames - September
FG Gundam Kyrios - September
FG Gundam Virtue - October
HG Gundam Exia - October
HG Gundam Dynames - November (December?)
HG Gundam Kyrios - November (December?)
1/60 Gundam Exia - October (or maybe November or December...)
HCM-Pro Gundam Exia - October
HCM-Pro Gundam Dynames - October
HCM-Pro Gundam Kyrios - November

You can see Hajime Katoki credited for work on the 00 Region line. An unspecified large-scale item will be released for the Gundam Collection series in December.

Frm Gunota

M_Flores 2007-06-21 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias (Post 1003813)
The way I went about this is, I got Strike Rouge, Strike IWSP, and Strike Noir.
That way, I'd have Noir, and I could still interchange Rouge and Strike's striker packs without an extra Strike lying around.

lol, Strike Rouge-Noir anyone? XD

mangatron 2007-06-21 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 1004708)
lol, Strike Rouge-Noir anyone? XD

That's one combo I haven't seen :heh:

Then again I've yet to see Launcher Rouge, Sword Rouge, Blast Rouge, Force Impu-.....oops, I'm getting carried away :heh:

subaruhess 2007-06-21 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1003955)
Well, the wings aren't very rigid. Everytime I would move or shake the gundam a bit, the wings are just so flabby that they can't be still. A bit loose. I highly doubt it was due to poor building. Also, that one piece that connects the first wing to the second wing. It's like if you move the wings apart to much, that plastic piece breaks and so the the wings become loose. Not sure if I make sense, but I'm pretty sure everyone can vouch for me that the wings were the most troublesome part of the model kit.

Lol who shakes their gundam models :rolleyes:, your talking about the master grade strike freedom? There nothing wrong with the wings, but I agree the joints arent invincible. Pulling/tuging on the winglets will damage & loosen the internal mechanism, constant reposing has the same effect so just be gentle with it ;).

aikming 2007-06-21 21:38

Nothing wrong with the wings. Just the design is bad. It's primarily designed for normal mode but not well-designed for wing-mode. Look at the joints and you'll realize. Once you rotate the wings, it'll move from the connectors and end up loose.

Also the stand is one of the worse stand. With the weight of MG SF, it's so shaky. The three flexible parts are badly designed, especially the lowest part which could bend.

philmein 2007-06-21 23:21

Well, I don't shake it like a baby playing with a rattle. I mean gently moving it around. Then again, I don't think that's even conventional either. I'm weird. Also, is it just me or are the flaps around its waist completely loose? Seriously, the front and back two flaps are so loose. Anyway to fix this?

thephreak 2007-06-22 00:26

is there also the same problem with the F.B.M?

WaytoDawn 2007-06-22 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by aikming (Post 1005451)
Nothing wrong with the wings. Just the design is bad. It's primarily designed for normal mode but not well-designed for wing-mode. Look at the joints and you'll realize. Once you rotate the wings, it'll move from the connectors and end up loose.

Also the stand is one of the worse stand. With the weight of MG SF, it's so shaky. The three flexible parts are badly designed, especially the lowest part which could bend.

well, i've never had any problems with the connectors or the joints for the wings eventhough i play and pose it a lot. Perhaps it is because i sprayed a layer of gold and topcoat at the joint, that is why it ain't loose. And i agree, the stand sux!!!it can't hold the weight of the model, just as you said, the lowest part keeps falling off...

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1005618)
Well, I don't shake it like a baby playing with a rattle. I mean gently moving it around. Then again, I don't think that's even conventional either. I'm weird. Also, is it just me or are the flaps around its waist completely loose? Seriously, the front and back two flaps are so loose. Anyway to fix this?

err, what do you mean by flaps?

aikming 2007-06-22 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaytoDawn (Post 1005846)
well, i've never had any problems with the connectors or the joints for the wings eventhough i play and pose it a lot. Perhaps it is because i sprayed a layer of gold and topcoat at the joint, that is why it ain't loose. And i agree, the stand sux!!!it can't hold the weight of the model, just as you said, the lowest part keeps falling off...

I also spray with a layer of gold and topcoat. But still nothing change. When I pose the wings like the front cover of the box. The back wing actually dropped, showing it's loose. It could differ from other people's gundam since I have come across issue that others didnt have and those that others have but I didn't have.

duotiga 2007-06-22 04:54

This month's hobby mag news
HGUC Blue Destiny Unit 3 - September, 1,575 yen

Frm Gunota

duotiga 2007-06-22 05:27

frm toysdaily

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1434/...ab5cee74_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1050/...4ff0a20f_b.jpg

M_Flores 2007-06-22 08:49

lol... Rouge-Noir sounds kinda awkward... even somewhat contradictory.

btw, that Turn A is looking tuff, even though it doesnt seem like anything spectacular (like e.g Hi-n or Xbone FC, SF full burst, etc.), it just... has something about it.

Also, I used to hate the Gelgoog and a lot of other Zeon designs, but that MG actually reduces my disrespect for em a little. But still, I won't plan on getting one.

cf18 2007-06-22 11:27

More...
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/717...0803ub0.th.jpg

mangatron 2007-06-22 12:16

heh, I'm liking that Zok somewhat. (Zok right?)

Maybe it's because I wanted those Seed Amphibie's in a HG form :heh:

thephreak 2007-06-22 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 1006448)
heh, I'm liking that Zok somewhat. (Zok right?)

it's Z'gok :D