AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Flagfighter 2009-08-14 18:41

What would be the best way of obtaining the mag??

LordStrike 2009-08-14 22:41

ill get mine in hobby search o.o like almost all my gunpla and gundam related stuff

Code 2009-08-15 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flagfighter (Post 2582056)
What would be the best way of obtaining the mag??

International Japanese bookshops like Kinokuniya, anime/gunpla shops and online stores.

Vandalier 2009-08-15 03:32

i think amazon or ebay is much easier

ashtaron 2009-08-15 11:40

You can pre-order the mag at HLJ. Here's the link:

http://www.hlj.com/product/HBJMAG0910

LordStrike 2009-08-15 17:52

or from here wich i prefer cos the service

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090275

Tofu Prod 2009-08-15 23:00

Yes! I found the Gundam Models forum! Yay! I have a Gundam section on my website that I'm working on!
Oh, by the way I'm new here and I'm a Gundam Model fan as-well!

Nice to meet all of you! ^_^

Tofu Prod 2009-08-15 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2580915)
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3057/1250137368093.jpg
http://lalabitmarket.channel.or.jp/s.../typerx93.html

Think about the possibilities when you don this. For one, you can mentally control you bike and also if you concerntrate hard enough, you just might be able to push other traffics out of your way, handy when you are caught in a rush hour jam.

But I believe some of you speed demons might be more interested in that other horned crimson helmet that allows one to go 3X faster.

WOAH! Where can I get that HELMET!!!

nonexistinghero 2009-08-16 13:01

Im a new at building gundams, do you guys remove the pieces from the frame using a clipper or just your hands?

Amber.Dawn 2009-08-16 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonexistinghero (Post 2585716)
Im a new at building gundams, do you guys remove the pieces from the frame using a clipper or just your hands?

Depends. On MG's and most HG's, I use clippers. SD's, I just use my hands. Of course, most people would probably tell you to use clippers.

nonexistinghero 2009-08-16 13:40

Yeah it would be wise to use clippers for MG's and up. Wait, will nail clippers be better than hands?

darkstrife 2009-08-16 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonexistinghero (Post 2585716)
Im a new at building gundams, do you guys remove the pieces from the frame using a clipper or just your hands?

what i do most of the time for MG or 1/100 kits is to cut one or two of the joints for one of the pieces and then jus use my hands and try to twist it off the runner. this way it mimimizes the amount of left over sprue mark on the plastic once it comes off the runner. if a piece is only held by two joints, then i just twist it off.

but it really comes down choice, no matter what you do, they will always be some form of sprue mark left on the piece when it comes off the runner, so you'll need to sand it down

Tofu Prod 2009-08-16 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonexistinghero (Post 2585716)
Im a new at building gundams, do you guys remove the pieces from the frame using a clipper or just your hands?

go to my gundam section at http://www.tofuprod.com You can get an idea from there. Good luck!

I use cutters to take them off the frame, use nail clippers to clean up the stubs and emory board a.k.a nail filer to clean it up. Careful though when filing... don't file to hard...

Exia_00 2009-08-16 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonexistinghero (Post 2585764)
Yeah it would be wise to use clippers for MG's and up. Wait, will nail clippers be better than hands?

wire cutters

vektar 2009-08-17 23:57

WIP MG Exia R1
 
Ive noticed not to many people are posting pics of their WIP kits or finished kits these days so i thought id toss up a few pics of my MG Eixa. Im not a pro or anything and dont know have an air brush so i use tamiya spray paints and hand brush the finer details. Im about 90% done just need to do a few panel lines and i wanted to adda few wires hanging out here and there. So this is what i have done so far. I also added a bit more damage because the kit was way to clean for its own good being in the R1 mode and i just picked at it with a exacto knife and filled in the areas with some silver sharpie then dry brushed some gunmetal over the sharpie then a little titanium gold dry brush action over the gunmetal and the edges of the kit. For the cape i used one of them tan cloth bags you get at the super markets and spray painted it on both sides with german gray spraypaint. This is the first kit i ever put damage on and im happy with the look so far. Ill post one pic and if your interested enough to look at more pics ill post a link under the one there.


http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...a/IMG_0085.jpg

Link to more pics: http://gundam-eclipse.com/topic/2141...x=0#post201815

Tofu Prod 2009-08-18 02:57

Awesome! Battle Damage!

darkstrife 2009-08-18 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2588443)
Ive noticed not to many people are posting pics of their WIP kits or finished kits these days so i thought id toss up a few pics of my MG Eixa. Im not a pro or anything and dont know have an air brush so i use tamiya spray paints and hand brush the finer details. Im about 90% done just need to do a few panel lines and i wanted to adda few wires hanging out here and there. So this is what i have done so far. I also added a bit more damage because the kit was way to clean for its own good being in the R1 mode and i just picked at it with a exacto knife and filled in the areas with some silver sharpie then dry brushed some gunmetal over the sharpie then a little titanium gold dry brush action over the gunmetal and the edges of the kit. For the cape i used one of them tan cloth bags you get at the super markets and spray painted it on both sides with german gray spraypaint. This is the first kit i ever put damage on and im happy with the look so far. Ill post one pic and if your interested enough to look at more pics ill post a link under the one there.


http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...a/IMG_0085.jpg

Link to more pics: http://gundam-eclipse.com/topic/2141...x=0#post201815

definitely one of the best battle damage i've seen, even more impressive since this is your first attempt at it. i have always wanted to try it myself but since i dont know much about it, i dont want to ruin a gundam kit lol, but kudos to you!!!

LordStrike 2009-08-18 08:58

damn i did finish my MG exia but i didn't do any battle damage cos i don't know how to im bad at doing it O_O

can any one give me some pointers in how to do the B damage and not break the kit XD

http://img.dannychoo.com/fauna/useri...0844_22734.jpg

Tofu Prod 2009-08-18 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordStrike (Post 2588956)
damn i did finish my MG exia but i didn't do any battle damage cos i don't know how to im bad at doing it O_O

can any one give me some pointers in how to do the B damage and not break the kit XD

http://img.dannychoo.com/fauna/useri...0844_22734.jpg

Depending on how much battle damage you want you either break the kit or not.
(does that make sense? LOL!)

Emory Board A.K.A Nail Filer... Oh and Exactor Knife. (scratch, cuts, saber damage, rifle, etc.)
Paint thinner, I heard some people use nail polish remover... and cue tips... (Thin out the paint to give a faded look to a damaged area.)
If you careful... I've seen someone use a lighter... yes the kind that smokers use. (To get that real burning damage)

I might just go and buy a "SD GRADE or FIRST GRADE", to show you. :p

I'm sure there are a lot of ways to do battle damage and a lot of people here have different techniques. So consider mine 1 way to do it. ;)

vektar 2009-08-18 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordStrike (Post 2588956)
damn i did finish my MG exia but i didn't do any battle damage cos i don't know how to im bad at doing it O_O

can any one give me some pointers in how to do the B damage and not break the kit XD

yeah as said above the best bet to doing battle damage without messing up the kit to much is to just use painting techniques like the thinning of the paint or dry brushing. Its your best bet, theres a lot of vids on youtube that explain how to dry brush and its really simple to do.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.