AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm [PS3] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=66717)

Kakashi 2008-05-22 15:13

Judging from the preview on IGN, it seems the impossible may be happening. A Naruto game is coming out which might be good, not only this but it could be great:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/867/867121p1.html

Read the preview and watch the trailer. This will be a Playstation 3 exclusive and it seems like CyberConnect2 really want to make a great game for the fans.

"the number one point obviously is that we have to satisfy the Naruto fans out there, but at the same time we want to make the game casual enough so that those who are not aware of the Naruto license can jump in, pick up the controller and play the game very easily. I believe the game itself encompasses a very wide audience."

"one of the goals or themes that we had when we decided to make the PS3 product was to get rid of the barrier between the anime and what the game actually offers, so that we meld them together in a very natural sense. So users have the experience as if they're partaking directly in the anime series"

"I think our team is probably -- throughout the whole entire world -- the number one fan of Naruto"

IGN praise it and the trailer speaks for itself.

Basic Features:

-25 playable characters (not including transformations).
- Story mode spans up to Sasuke retrieval arc.
- Open ended 3D world.
- Run on water, and walls with fluid motion.
- Great graphics.

Spoiler for Namco Bandai (Official Site):

Update #2

Quote:

Demo Preview from Gamespot

The demo features two playable characters to try, Naruto and his teacher Kakashi. Additionally, there are cameos from Naruto's rival Sasuke, his gal pal Sakura, and team leader Guy, all of whom appear as support characters you can call in during a fight. You'll be able to duke it out against the CPU or a friend on a smallish training stage that has you fighting on land and water. The demo focuses on Ninja Storm's combat system, which is simple but accessible, and uses four buttons. You'll attack with the circle button, jump with X, toss shuriken with square, and access your chakra to enhance your basic attacks. Overall, the system feels solid and responsive. Although there were aspects of the control system that reminded us of the recent Dragon Ball Z game, Ninja Storm has a unique feel to it that appears to offer more user-controlled options in battle.

The game's presentation sticks faithfully to the sights and sounds of its source material. The character models feature nuanced cel-shading that captures the look of the anime. The environments look clean and serve as a good framework for the action. The various attacks and animations for all of the characters offer a host of subtle touches that give the motion during combat a surprisingly elegant look. And the special effects and over-the-top animations during battle and for everyone's special attacks were impressive complements to the fluid action. The demo highlights one of the little audio touches that CyberConnect2 is putting in for fans: Japanese and English voice work for the characters. The use of the anime voice actors and assorted sound effects from the anime should please fans looking for authenticity.

Spoiler for Clicky to see full preview. As well as demo trailer.:

More updates will be added as soon as they become available.

DeDe 2008-05-22 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashi-san (Post 1608585)
Judging from the preview on IGN, it seems the impossible may be happening. A Naruto game is coming out which might be good, not only this but it could be great:

I thought Rise of a Ninja for Xbox 360 was good. Some people even thought it was great. It probably would have been better if they included more characters. Making you pay for Temari, Jiraiya, and Choji was ridiculous. At least Shikamaru was free.

Blerghovic 2008-05-22 15:37

It was good on some sites while others rated it quite low. Overall I would say that was the first good Naruto game but it's fair to generalise this would be the first really solid game with a score of at least 8/10 on most sites, if not higher.

Anyway this is great news! Can't wait to get my hands on this and run around Konoha. Trailer looks very promising and IGN were very positive in the preview. This looks like the best Naruto game. Shame it's not coming out for 360 but I'm buying a ps3 soon for MGS4 and this :heh:

Mr. Johnny 5 2008-05-22 16:01

This picture made me quite excited to see what the game will look like once it's finished. Thanks for creating this thread. Seems worthy to look at.
Based on some replies this scene will be something like God of War (facing the huge creatures). I wonder though if it goes beyond the anime 135. Adding some manga stuff (current) would be nice.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...326681-000.jpg

Kakashi 2008-05-22 16:42

No problem. Yep it looks very promising indeed. According the journalist lucky enough to play it, the boss battles are a lot like God of War which is a smart move. He seemed pretty excited in the preview. I like the idea of free roaming mixed with Budokai style fighting, at least that's what it seems to be, except less restrictive (battle shifts from one plane to another).

I don't think they'll go into Shippuuden or add any manga stuff because it might ruin things for anime only watchers. I hope we get to play as some Akatsuki like Itachi, Kisame, Sasori, Deidera etc. Though if we can't CyberConnect2 said they would be adding plenty of downloadable content onto PSN. Maybe it could be stuff related to the manga, which would be cool.

Mr. Johnny 5 2008-05-23 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashi-san (Post 1608751)
No problem. Yep it looks very promising indeed. According the journalist lucky enough to play it, the boss battles are a lot like God of War which is a smart move. He seemed pretty excited in the preview. I like the idea of free roaming mixed with Budokai style fighting, at least that's what it seems to be, except less restrictive (battle shifts from one plane to another).

I don't think they'll go into Shippuuden or add any manga stuff because it might ruin things for anime only watchers. I hope we get to play as some Akatsuki like Itachi, Kisame, Sasori, Deidera etc. Though if we can't CyberConnect2 said they would be adding plenty of downloadable content onto PSN. Maybe it could be stuff related to the manga, which would be cool.

That doesnt have to...let's just say they go into shippuuden at the point where Sasuke has been introduced and he left.

In the anime they are at the point where Naruto goes into training to develop a new jutsu as Kakashi mentioned. If it goes up to the point where Naruto completes it (in the manga) then the anime should be by that time...probably a couple weeks further. So no one gets spoiled...but instead...they are treated to the most update stufff :D

Kakashi 2008-05-23 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 (Post 1609746)
That doesnt have to...let's just say they go into shippuuden at the point where Sasuke has been introduced and he left.

In the anime they are at the point where Naruto goes into training to develop a new jutsu as Kakashi mentioned. If it goes up to the point where Naruto completes it (in the manga) then the anime should be by that time...probably a couple weeks further. So no one gets spoiled...but instead...they are treated to the most update stufff :D

That's true but they may be thinking more about English dub which hasn't reached Shippuuden yet. I have a strong feeling the game itself won't feature anything past the Sasuke retrieval arc but the downloadable content is likely to be Shippuuden material. Since there isn't much else they could add, and they said they had big plans for downloadable content. But also the valley of the end fight is a perfect way to finish a game ne?

Then again a japanese version of this game is being made as well so there is a chance. *Prayers for English sub option* Problem being spoilers are a sensitive area when taking into account that the game will be released gloabally. For them the safest bet would be not to go past the Sasuke retrieval arc. If it does go past it then I'll be happy but if it doesn't it's understandable.

I sense epic 2 player battles though if nothing else! I wonder how they are gonna make the Naruto's kage bunshins work? Seriously can't wait for this game.

Kenu 2008-05-23 21:15

Looks fantastic.

This game is another good reason to buy the PS3.

Wingding 2008-07-06 01:02

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja STORM [PS3]

This game looks amazing. By the looks of the gameplay vids, it looks so fluid and it looks exactly like the anime. :twitch:

I can't wait until the demo is out on the 17th.

Kenu 2008-07-06 06:34

Shenmue was one of my favourite games. One of the great things about it was the ability to walk freely around it's amazingly crafted world of Yokosuka and Hong Kong. Add a sweet fighting system and an involving storyline made it an excellent game.

If Naruto: UNS lives up to it's hype, it will be something similar with today's graphics and a kick-arse fighting system.

Mr. Johnny 5 2008-07-06 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenu (Post 1704703)
Shenmue was one of my favourite games. One of the great things about it was the ability to walk freely around it's amazingly crafted world of Yokosuka and Hong Kong. Add a sweet fighting system and an involving storyline made it an excellent game.

If Naruto: UNS lives up to it's hype, it will be something similar with today's graphics and a kick-arse fighting system.

Yeah that would be totally awesome...

Let's say you get to pick one of the following characters:
- Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi [needs to get unlocked]
- Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji, Asuma [needs to get unlocked]
- Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Kurenai [needs to get unlocked]
- Lee, Neji, Tenten, Gai [needs to get unlocked]
- Itachi [needs to get unlocked]
- Yamato [needs to get unlocked]

And each character has his own abilities and (side) story..

You can roam free...take on missions, train, take exams such as chuunin exam..talk to people, make friends/enemies, become missing nin, join other organizations (Akatsuki)
And become: ANBU, Chuunin, Jounin (sensei), Hokage (in the end)

Think of it like Grand Theft Auto but then...all about Naruto...that would be so sweet..i'd pay 200 euro's for such a game :D..with great graphics ofcourse..

I wonder if it will ever come...the next opponent of World of Warcraft --> World of Naruto!

zamme 2008-07-06 15:25

If this game has Dosu and japanese voices, I'm so buying a PS3 just for this.

Mr. Johnny 5 2008-07-06 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by zamme (Post 1706295)
If this game has Dosu and japanese voices, I'm so buying a PS3 just for this.

Whahah :D :D Where did you go? Havent seen you hear for quite a while yeah...Dosu...hehe he hasnt been in the other games eh? Like Narutimett hero..or Shippuuden Accel..

zamme 2008-07-06 22:57

Yeah, you know, I've just been lurking around waiting for a good time to swoop in.
Nah he has been in like some gameboy game etc as an opponent, but nothing big really. It's well about time!

Kakashi 2008-07-07 11:45

Demo release 17th July!

Demo Preview from Gamespot

Quote:

The demo features two playable characters to try, Naruto and his teacher Kakashi. Additionally, there are cameos from Naruto's rival Sasuke, his gal pal Sakura, and team leader Guy, all of whom appear as support characters you can call in during a fight. You'll be able to duke it out against the CPU or a friend on a smallish training stage that has you fighting on land and water. The demo focuses on Ninja Storm's combat system, which is simple but accessible, and uses four buttons. You'll attack with the circle button, jump with X, toss shuriken with square, and access your chakra to enhance your basic attacks. Overall, the system feels solid and responsive. Although there were aspects of the control system that reminded us of the recent Dragon Ball Z game, Ninja Storm has a unique feel to it that appears to offer more user-controlled options in battle.

The game's presentation sticks faithfully to the sights and sounds of its source material. The character models feature nuanced cel-shading that captures the look of the anime. The environments look clean and serve as a good framework for the action. The various attacks and animations for all of the characters offer a host of subtle touches that give the motion during combat a surprisingly elegant look. And the special effects and over-the-top animations during battle and for everyone's special attacks were impressive complements to the fluid action. The demo highlights one of the little audio touches that CyberConnect2 is putting in for fans: Japanese and English voice work for the characters. The use of the anime voice actors and assorted sound effects from the anime should please fans looking for authenticity.

So zamme it seems your prayers have been answered :D

Spoiler for Clicky to see full preview. As well as demo trailer.:

sparkelzz 2008-07-22 15:12

Ive got a ps3 and downloaded the demo yesterday

This game is shaping up to amazing, the gameplay and graphics are very good there are only two characters you can play (naruto and kakashi) but ive played about 20 matches so far. Seriously this game has me hooked, it kept me wanting more and more and so i cant wait for the offacial game to come out. The option to change between english and japanese voice is a nice add on (obviously i had it set to japanese) but the lip syncing is kind a' off hopefully they will fix that. Games like these make me so glad i have a ps3.

Any-one wants to add my Psn its Mr_Krysis

jonli 2008-07-26 11:31

I downloaded the demo recently too.

I've got high hopes for this series, but not for this particular game. Mainly because CyberConnect2 took 3 tries to get the PS2 Naruto game right, and I would assume the first UNS to be quite unfullfilling as well.

I'm really happy with how they portrayed the 3D environment, with the ever moving camera angle, it's great and it flows smoothly. The comboes and the characters are not that varied, I know we've only got Kakashi and Naruto now but they play almost exactly the same. I never liked how they designed the ultimate jutsus in the old naruto ps2 games, and i'm not happy that they kept it the same this time around. Let's hope they do something about it in the future (Imo, the game would be better if we're given real time ultimate techniques instead of cutscenes).

The game needs to be worked on, but I have high hopes for it.

Icer 2008-07-26 16:43

Game is awesome, by far the best Naruto game so far. And this is just the wow factor from the demo. The 3D combat works great, the items and directioning the joystick in addition to mashing O for varied combos gives it enough depth for a licensed fighting game.

Not even mentioning anything about how beautiful it looks.

Bennyswan 2008-07-29 01:20

Ah! I played the demo today and wow its really fun, cool how it is 3D. :D

Apollian 2008-07-29 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiraishin (Post 1608626)
It was good on some sites while others rated it quite low. Overall I would say that was the first good Naruto game but it's fair to generalise this would be the first really solid game with a score of at least 8/10 on most sites, if not higher.

Anyway this is great news! Can't wait to get my hands on this and run around Konoha. Trailer looks very promising and IGN were very positive in the preview. This looks like the best Naruto game. Shame it's not coming out for 360 but I'm buying a ps3 soon for MGS4 and this :heh:

well to be honest I have both consoles, and have 20 games for my Xbox 360, and only just 2 games for my PS3....so this is great news for Sony, as at least it gives them a game that people want to play!.
I find most of the PS3 titles boring, so I welcome this title. but really if you want the best Naruto fighters, you have to own a Nintendo console.