AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 38 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113037)

james0246 2012-07-01 00:07

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 38 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Episode 38.

Fugitive Kio - 逃亡者キオ ~ Tōbōsha Kio

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
  • Do not vote in the poll before the episode has been released.
  • While each Gundam is part of a franchise/metaseries, the individual entries are unique and, consequently, should not be constantly compared against each other. Please refrain from needlessly cyclical discussion concerning comparisons between the various Gundam series.
  • As of Episode 08, any mention of the "childish" nature of the character designs will be treated as being off-topic and depending on the severity of the post warnings or infractions could be issued.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

solidvanz 2012-07-01 02:57

2chan thread:
Closed

casval cehack 2012-07-01 03:28

The super pilot/pirate made the rescue of his crying son so easy.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4105/regils.jpg
Legilis, from high speed molded parts.

aeriolewinters 2012-07-01 03:32

As soon as I heard the Insert song, I said: It's been nice knowing you, Lu.

Revolutionist 2012-07-01 03:38

This seems to be the unwritten rule in AGE, any female character that gets any attention and development with the main character is doomed to die...

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-07-01 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4232772)
The super pilot/pirate made the rescue of his crying son so easy.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4105/regils.jpg
Legilis, from high speed molded parts.

That Gundam has such an awesomely designed face. Reminds me of the GP02A from 0083. Can't wait to see it in action.

tsunade666 2012-07-01 03:54

is it already up in youtube? that design looks awesome. Is that the gundam of Vagan?

bio9205 2012-07-01 04:02

Reminds me a little of the AGE-2, with all that grey around its faceplate and chin.

EDIT: Youtube.

EDIT 2: Throughout the entirety of the episode I couldn't stop thinking about how big of an idiot Kio is. First he gives up vital information on one of the most powerful weapons ever to save a girl, then after that he risks screwing up an extremely risky operation to save him from enemy territory just to see her. Is he crazy?

Hope to see Asemu kick Zanald's butt next episode. That fat gorilla is annoying.

j0x 2012-07-01 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolutionist (Post 4232787)
This seems to be the unwritten rule in AGE, any female character that gets any attention and development with the main character is doomed to die...

actually its a trite or cliche plot device on the gundam franchise :heh:

but its still one heck of an emotional episode imo

next episode action will comeback finally, that vagan gundam looks mighty boss

casval cehack 2012-07-01 04:36

Thus Kio cries for the 2nd time. Except for the sketchbook, Kio X Lu happy moments somewhat reminded me of the last days of Yurin, especially with that yellow ribbon. Lu is indeed the start of the no-kill-policy. Makes you wonder if Ezelcant is rationing the "medicines" for military purposes.

If the vegans can trade for the Age Device's biometric key, the Bisidians can have the invisible umbrella and tap into vegan communications. Still, what happened to the grand home fleet displayed earlier, even accounting for the time skip? Captain Ash made the central infiltration and succeeding rescue seems like a cakewalk, even managing to secure the Age Device and the Orbital.

The whole vegan experience for Kio did turnout quite differently from the speculations, with most of the cast still missing. Thankfully, looks like a whole episode of Legilis and MS combat next week.

Revolutionist 2012-07-01 04:39

I think Asemu is gonna get his ass handed to him by Ezelcant. Legilis is all sorts of badass, and Ezelcant is probably a super x-rounder (can give Zeheart visions and communicate from Mars telepathically..)

casval cehack 2012-07-01 04:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4232809)
Reminds me a little of the AGE-2, with all that grey around its faceplate and chin.

EDIT: Youtube.

EDIT 2: Throughout the entirety of the episode I couldn't stop thinking about how big of an idiot Kio is. First he gives up vital information on one of the most powerful weapons ever to save a girl, then after that he risks screwing up an extremely risky operation to save him from enemy territory just to see her. Is he crazy?

Hope to see Asemu kick Zanald's butt next episode. That fat gorilla is annoying.

Crazy for Lu.:D

LightningZERO 2012-07-01 04:46

I thought the visit to Second Moon has been rather lacking. Random thoughts:

- The weird cheerful feeling of Kio going anywhere and doing anything he is pleased...

- Now we know that Age Device is highly secured. It needs an Asuno. So what's up with Desil using it during Gen 1? Unless Flit upgraded it or something. Speaking of which, why does a brand new, independently built MS even need Age Device anyway?

- Lu is dead....like anyone's not seeing it coming.

- Super pirate and his bunch of misfits infiltrating and pulling off a rescue mission, right inside the enemy's F'KING HOME COLONY, not with genius plan or something, but with MS directly FLYING INTO THE COLONY AND RESCUE SAID PERSON. Are you f'king kidding me?

- There's no sense of excitement, danger or anything at all. These few episodes happen....just because it has to. No logic flow and no nothing.

- AGE has been lacking...especially these recent episodes....sigh

tsunade666 2012-07-01 04:49

good episode that screams death flag the whole time. A turning point for Kio Asuno. And a badass gundam by the vagan.

Who is the pilot for that gundam?

casval cehack 2012-07-01 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4232867)
good episode that screams death flag the whole time. A turning point for Kio Asuno. And a badass gundam by the vagan.

Who is the pilot for that gundam?

The preview suggests it's Ser Ezelcant. No more aces nor pilots left in the vegan home-moon supposedly. No wonder Captain Ash just walked straight inside. :heh:

j0x 2012-07-01 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4233007)
No more aces nor pilots left in the vegan home-moon supposedly. No wonder Captain Ash just walked straight inside. :heh:

lol good point although still the Vagans have superior war technology

Destined_Fate 2012-07-01 08:18

Well no one expected such a bold and illogical rescue plan...

orpheus2 2012-07-01 08:30

I guess they thought a blitz tactic would be the most efficient method. It would leave little time for the Vagans to respond in full force.

Now regarding Kio, he is a 13 year kid. He did not think of the consequences of such actions. He pretty much let his emotions get the better of him. But still, he truly repeated his Grandpa's failure to protect. However, he will now take Kira's no kill policy unlike Flit's kill them all.

ReddyRedWolf 2012-07-01 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 4232861)
- Super pirate and his bunch of misfits infiltrating and pulling off a rescue mission, right inside the enemy's F'KING HOME COLONY, not with genius plan or something, but with MS directly FLYING INTO THE COLONY AND RESCUE SAID PERSON. Are you f'king kidding me?

Space Pirates are always SHOWY!:heh:

ion475 2012-07-01 10:31

Well...

1. The Kio x Ru part...too bad, there's just no way a happy ending would happen no matter what anyway.
2. Ru is Kio arc's Yurin, except, well, Yurin makes Flit went completely insane as to destroying Vagan, while Ru makes Kio becoming the 2nd coming of Kira
3. The character development is the good part. The bad part? Come on, it takes Captain Ash zero effort to get into the colony, went straight to the palace, get Kio out, take Gundam back...just WAY too easy...
4. Okay, not really, since the fun start next episode.
5. Speaking of rescue, if Flit is the one leading it, the whole colony would become space trash in no time...