AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 729 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=123010)

marvelB 2013-11-18 22:50

One Piece - Chapter 729 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Credit once again goes to AP's Redon for the summary:

Quote:

​​- Bellamy wants to kill Luffy but Dellinger comes to finish Bellamy. Bellamy shocks.
​- Law vs. Doflamingo.
- ​Mugiwara crew hold a meeting through Den Den Mushi.
- The Marines identify Luffy and Zoro and start losing their memory about fighters.
- Doflamingo fires three shots at Law in front of ​Kinemon, Zoro, Luffy, Bastille and Fujitora. It seems that Law is dead.

​End of chapter​.

So apparently Law dies. Riiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Anyway, not surprised at all that Dofla betrayed Bellamy. I do find it interesting that Dellinger was sent to finish him off, though. I also wonder how Dofla and Law suddenly appeared at the arena. It doesn't seem that Law's room reached that far. Anyways, it seems that Dofla "finished" him with a gun, lol. Guess that's how little he thought of him, that he didn't need his DF to finish him off. :p

JonSnow 2013-11-18 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4913814)

I won't be surprised if Jola dies instead :eyebrow:

marvelB 2013-11-18 23:23

^I'd be very surprised if ANY non-flashback character gets killed in this arc, period. :heh:

Kerimeos 2013-11-19 00:48

Well, on the unlikely chance it does kill him, I suppose it gives one possible meaning to the guy's hand tattoos. Literally marked for death.

JonSnow 2013-11-19 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 4913938)
The summary is confusing. How and why are Law and Doffy suddenly there?

And Bellamy really tried to kill Luffy? He really looked like he learned his lesson some chapters ago.

He did change, for Doflamingo's sake.:uhoh:

nicepace 2013-11-19 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4913814)

That still need to be confirmed. I would wait for the chapter release.

noktown 2013-11-19 05:54

If something really happens to Law...

Luffy goes SSJ for sure.

Homura7 2013-11-19 08:06

Law put his heart back after returning Caesar his, and I didn't see Jola with a hole on her chest, so...

I doubt Law died, but just stop a moment to think about it, what if he really did?

And it seems there's no chapter next week.

khoa1708 2013-11-19 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by noktown (Post 4914072)
If something really happens to Law...

Luffy goes SSJ for sure.

doesn't oda get inspired by Akira Toriyama (dbz)? i wouldn't be surprised if something like this happen lol... i mean he already has something like nen (hxh) in one piece... ssj form is next haha

Dark_Ritual 2013-11-19 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoa1708 (Post 4914223)
doesn't oda get inspired by Akira Toriyama (dbz)? i wouldn't be surprised if something like this happen lol... i mean he already has something like nen (hxh) in one piece... ssj form is next haha

One piece started before hxh so it should be- hxh has something like haki...

Rainbowman 2013-11-19 13:13

This chapter is indeed confusing. :twitch:

marvelB 2013-11-20 02:19

Weeeellll, now..... Aohige posted a summary of the raw, and it gives off much more interesting information outside of what we got from the earlier summary. For one thing, it seems Dofla orders Diamante to station his men at the factory, despite the fact that they're supposed to fight in the tournament. So I guess this means that those guys will fight at the factory instead, while Luffy deals with just Diamante at the arena? Interesting.....

As far as the denden conversation goes, after trading info, Franky says he wants to help the dwarves..... and on the Sunny, Sanji decides to return to Dressrosa. And as for how Law and Dofla returned to Dressrosa themselves? They literally fought their way there (seriously, they cause a TON of damage to the surrounding buildings before they reach the arena). And, as Doflamingo shoots Law, he utters a name before passing out: "Kora-san".....

But IMO, what's most interesting of all is Law's answer to Dofla when he asks him why he places so much trust in the Straw-Hats. Quoting Aohige's translation here:

Quote:

Law smiles and tells him a quote.... 'D will bring forth the storm again.'

---------

Ah, and as far as Caribou's story goes, it looks like he's stuck with Drake after all. But at least his legend as the rebel Gaburu still lives on in the people's hearts! Lastly, I want to mention that Dellinger has one of the most fabulous character designs in the series so far! :p

SOGESNAKE 2013-11-20 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. Shiruto (Post 4914119)
And it seems there's no chapter next week.

From the translation I read, it said... "Hiatus: Next Issue Will Resume on the Second Issue of the New Year". So... does that mean there's no new chapter till mid-January? :upset:

ZGoten 2013-11-20 03:38

Well, that's a cliffhanger if I've ever seen one. I hope Law's dead. I don't believe it, but it'd be nice for drama's sake.

RobotCat 2013-11-20 03:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZGoten (Post 4915062)
Well, that's a cliffhanger if I've ever seen one. I hope Law's dead. I don't believe it, but it'd be nice for drama's sake.

Eh, I'd rather one of Luffy's crew die instead if the goal is to induce drama. Law is way too interesting of a character to kill off now, whereas most of Luffy's crew are pretty much irrelevant to the overarching story and direction the manga is currently going towards.

adriankhoo153 2013-11-20 03:59

who is kora san??

Bad news, no OP till 2nd or 3rd week of January :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

ri0 2013-11-20 05:03

Awesome chapter!

It seems what everyone already speculated regarding Doflamingo killing off Bellamy was true after all.

What I liked most, was the conversation between the Strawhats and the funny moments that created (Zoro being mad about not being invited to the tournament and telling Luffy the stuff about the marines on the side, Luffy mentioning asap that Becs treated him some food).

Awesome cliffhanger at the end!

Regarding the mini-story: Did I understand correctly, that Caribou is being taken to Kaido?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual
One piece started before hxh so it should be- hxh has something like haki...

Nope. Nen was introduced around chapter 50, which should have been about the time of the millenium.
On the other hand, Haki was explained approximately three years ago. HxH has, in my eyes, one of the best fighting systems ever (very strategical, with nearly no unreasonable power ups by the good guys).

game2007 2013-11-20 05:16

Someone from AP Forums said high heels were originally worn by men, but Dellinger still looks weird wearing them...

omimon 2013-11-20 06:54

Prediction: Luffy goes balls of the walls and literally destroys the wall in front of him to get to Doflamingo. Just when he is about to take a step Zoro stops him saying that if he walks out of the Colosseum he'll be disqualified and he'll lose his chance to get the Mera Mera fruit. Zoro tells him he'll handle Doflamingo and Luffy barely contains himself.

~Yami~ 2013-11-20 07:41

aaahh!! LAW!! why you died??

and seems like finally Mugiwara's crews can coordinate together again....
the next chapter will be wilder and Luffy seems took some interest toward Rebecca